over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tobacco

i smoked for 4-5 years about a pack a day and quit a little over a year ago

i never liked it but bartending for a job u need to smoke otherwise u never get a break

the biggest downer for me was the smell nothing else bothered me cardio was good i did notice a drop in blood pressure after quitting

about 15 years ago I tried smokeless tobacco...got a great rush from it...had eaten at a steakhouse and was super full guy offered me kodiak to help ....

I fell out of my car when I got out...and was buzzing ...was kinda a love hate relationship for a year or two - threw more cans out than I used ...loved the feeling of dip but hated the way it made me feel in the hours after...plus couldn't sleep on it...so I didn't really consider myself addicted.

Fast forward about 12 years..3-4 years ago..same scenario at a sports bar loaded up on food and guy offered me skoal citrus...buzzed and fell in love immediately...this time I dove in full force for me - 2-3 times a day and even went after the swedish snus pouches.

I started to feel toxic every time I did it rapid heart rate and BP rise and my gums and teeth were taking a beating.

Finally was able to kick it with wellbutrin, I still craved the stuff but on wellbutrin it blocks nicotine so you feel "sick".

I still look back on it and remember and wonder how I ever put that shit in my mouth and the nasty bottles of spit everywhere....ugghh

I’m a big dipper. Grizzly Snuff. About a can and a half a day. Always lift with one in. My workout are just fine. I’ve accrued all the mass I want and did it years ago. Lately, because I take several nootropics, I pretty much keep a dip in when I’m not eating. Been dipping since 17. I’m 38. Probably going to quit soon just because it’s a waste of money. My teeth and gums are fine. Good genetics plus I floss nightly, use a Sonicare brush and every night before retiring to the couch then bed I’ll rinse with a whitening/fluoride rinse. And then put a big n juicy hog in to fall asleep with hahaha

:eek:

Dipped on and off for about 8 years. Have it under control once i purchased life insurance for my familys financial security.

Use the snus spitless pouches for whatever reason now to help deal with current stress. I do however enjoy Nicotine gum and think it can be a wonderful and useful tool.

It blows me away people still smoke with all the proof of how terrible it is for your health. I'm not even going to dive into how much people spend a year on it, but just the health aspects alone to me is amazing to see people continue to smoke.

To each their own. I don't care what people do to themselves.

I’m using nicotine gum to ween off chew. It’s been 8 or 9 years but I think I will be off the gum any day now haha.

Don't do cigarettes at all...I have a friend who loves cigars and I'll smoke with him probably 4-5 times a year, but I've never been terribly worried about the effects with such infrequent usage, although they certainly still exist.

I feel a bit dumb asking, but the first post mentioned the booze thread...where is that? I browsed through the first two pages but didn't spot it, feel like I missed it in the last few weeks somehow.

Don't do cigarettes at all...I have a friend who loves cigars and I'll smoke with him probably 4-5 times a year, but I've never been terribly worried about the effects with such infrequent usage, although they certainly still exist.

I feel a bit dumb asking, but the first post mentioned the booze thread...where is that? I browsed through the first two pages but didn't spot it, feel like I missed it in the last few weeks somehow.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...rum/61787-alcohol-how-often-do-you-drink.html

Used to smoke 2 packs of newports a day down from 3-4 but that was in a dark place in my life. I'm on chantix now and I'm down to less than a pack a day, need to quit soon :D. The only place I still smoke is sitting at my desk at work like right now as I puff away, anywhere else I don't have the urge anymore unless it includes heavy drinking of course but even then maybe one or two.

My thing is other than smelling like cigarettes which sucks I never got the crazy repercussions from it, knock on wood I'm sure they will come eventually unless I quit. I did quit for a year or so a while back and I was expecting it to have some big impact on my workouts and it really didn't, I was disappointed and surprised. At this point my main motivation to quit is the smell and the physical things such as skin, hair and teeth. Not to say I'm ignorant towards what it's doing on the inside but it's hard to use that as motivation when I don't see it in my face like I do the other stuff.

My dad is in his 60's and smokes enough to give half of PM cancer, he has since he was a kid. He did a full work up recently and the doc told him his lungs were clear. We were all shocked and joked that he didn't understand because english isn't his first language but no he said they are clear. My dad smiled and we all wanted to kill the doc because we've been trying to get him to quit.

In short....fuck smoking. That and gambling are probably the worst things I've ever gotten into in my life. Oh and long term relationships with hoes....:banghead::D

I am a respiratory therapist and a doctor listening to lungs with a stethoscope CANNOT tell if there is a lung disease present or diminished lung function. All it can tell is breath sounds. Now breath sounds CAN indicate lung disease but CANNOT be used to prove the absence of lung disease. THE ONLY TEST is a Pulmonary Function Test. This takes about 1-2 hours and consists of multiple breathing tests and lots of calculations(computer calculated) to determine various lung functions such as FVC(Forced Vital Capacity) FEV1, TLC, DLCO and others. This is the only way to diagnose with certainty obstructive or restrictive lung diseases.

If you fathers Dr. did not have a Pulmonary Function Test performed and told your father his lungs are clear of disease that is irresponsible. I wonder if the Dr. listened to his lungs and simply stated they sounded clear??? That could be easily mistaken as a clean bill of health lung wise.

Tobacco cycles in and out of my life unfortunately. I smoked off and on as a teen. In the Marines I took up dipping since smoking wasn't an option when deployed in active combat zones. In gradschool is picked up smoking/vaping to help me stay energized to study for tests and boards. I've haven't used any tobacco products for about a year, and hope to never touch it again.

Tobacco sucks man. I use to smoke as a teen and in college. When I get really drunk, which is rare these days normally around the holidays, I will smoke. Always makes me feel awful the next day.

A few days ago (deep into contest prep) I tried smoking to kill the hunger while dieting. It made me feel so god damn sick I had to lay down for like an hour feeling miserable.

Try to quit if you can! Spend money on food and gear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive chewed off and on for around 10 years. Love me some redman. I pretty much only chew at work or while driving

I have been dipping for over 30 years. It's my only vice. No drinking or drugs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dipped for 10 plus years. i have been quit for over 8 years, I don't remember the exact year i quit. I could eat a can of Copenhagen rite now!

Last edited:
I chew and out of all the bad habits I’ve had in my life this one is the hardest to quit. It’s so addictive I don’t even attempt to quit. In the past I’ve successfully kicked any bad habit I’ve had.

It's terrible, but I usually take up smoking when im dieting pretty hard.
It WAS Nicotine gum but a cig after a veryyyy small meal works for me.
Kratom and cigs have saved me.

But...i totally get how bad it is.
When i am smoking, i religiously check my blood pressure and HR.

A dip or some chew after a meal every now and then is nice. But it’s not a daily thing for me.

I like my white teeth too much.

I dip occasionally during long car rides, work, or anytime when I need to stay awake. Did it a lot overseas on deployments. I pick it up and put it down whenever I choose. I like doing it but I don't let it control me. It does make you feel shitty if you do too much. Vacations or cruises I may smoke a cuban, but that almost guarantees I won't get laid....my wife hates it.

Sent from my S2_PRO using Tapatalk

I am a Big smoker. 2 packs a day.
Not that I.m proud of it. I could Buy A New Corvette with the Money.
As Far as Health, I'm sure its Bad but I'm also sure it effects everyone different.
I come from a long line of Smokers and were all still here!
Grandparents 2-3 packs PallMall no filters lived till there 80"
My Dad is 77 and Mom 72. My brother got checked and Doc said it was like he has never smoked.
Me I do 6-12 hours of Concrete Cardio a day and Most ( in shape people) Complain about 20 minutes on a treadmill.....lol.

Not sure but Tren may be worse.....Ya Think!
Or how about 4-6000 cals. Or dieting to extreme's....4% cant be healthy!
Or Half the other shit We Take...

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members