over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tobacco

Voxide

Registered
The booze thread got me thinking. Anybody here use tobacco of any sort and if so, how often? Cigarettes, cigars, dip, snus, whatever.

Personally it's a no for me. The health repercussions don't bother me; mostly because I don't really care about an early death, it's moreso the inconveniences that it causes while actually living that I don't enjoy. Never fucked around with smokeless tobacco, only cigs and Black&Milds, neither of them are anything special and just end up leaving me feeling sick. Back in my heavier boozing days it was always the blacked out cig smoking that made me feel like death the morning after. Generally speaking if I'm around a group of smokers I'll usually just peace out and go hangout elsewhere. A lot of people are into e-cigarettes to get their nicotine, I still think that's fuckin' stupid.

I remember Markus Ruhl released a training montage back in the day and there was a short clip of him sparking a Marb Red in the parking lot of a grocery store and a few people lost their shit. Once in a while I'll see empty cans of dip at my gym. Figured the decrease in blood flow and vasoconstriction would definitely diminish the workout.

Anyway fuck it, any input on tobacco products/users goes here.

i vape. .03mg of nicotine. American made juice only...chinese juice has all sorts of additives to it. Not a lot of studies out on the long term health damage in regards to it. Once in a blue moon, like once a year, i may enjoy a good cuban.

If I've been drinking and highly buzzed, I crave a cigarette, but that happens only a few times per year. I could never be a daily smoker. Counterproductive to everything most of us are trying to achieve here.

I dip post workout. Usually I'll sit in the sauna for about 30 mins and enjoy a dip. Other than that I'm a regular smoker and it doesn't effect my workouts. My cardio on the other hand is shit. I know it's not healthy but it my choice and in the end I'm the one who has to deal with the consequences.

i miss my marlboro menthols sometimes. like, whenever im watching movies and they're smoking. i liked it, especially when i was drinking.
quit it all years ago, and now cigs are so expensive i wont bother. nor vape. addiction for me is way too easy.

Snuff chewing tobacco here. And every once in a while some leaf tobacco like redman or levi garrett. My weakness for sure.

Used to smoke 2 packs of newports a day down from 3-4 but that was in a dark place in my life. I'm on chantix now and I'm down to less than a pack a day, need to quit soon :D. The only place I still smoke is sitting at my desk at work like right now as I puff away, anywhere else I don't have the urge anymore unless it includes heavy drinking of course but even then maybe one or two.

My thing is other than smelling like cigarettes which sucks I never got the crazy repercussions from it, knock on wood I'm sure they will come eventually unless I quit. I did quit for a year or so a while back and I was expecting it to have some big impact on my workouts and it really didn't, I was disappointed and surprised. At this point my main motivation to quit is the smell and the physical things such as skin, hair and teeth. Not to say I'm ignorant towards what it's doing on the inside but it's hard to use that as motivation when I don't see it in my face like I do the other stuff.

My dad is in his 60's and smokes enough to give half of PM cancer, he has since he was a kid. He did a full work up recently and the doc told him his lungs were clear. We were all shocked and joked that he didn't understand because english isn't his first language but no he said they are clear. My dad smiled and we all wanted to kill the doc because we've been trying to get him to quit.

In short....fuck smoking. That and gambling are probably the worst things I've ever gotten into in my life. Oh and long term relationships with hoes....:banghead::D

i miss my marlboro menthols sometimes. like, whenever im watching movies and they're smoking. i liked it, especially when i was drinking.
quit it all years ago, and now cigs are so expensive i wont bother. nor vape. addiction for me is way too easy.

See that shit scares me, it's like heroin it's always with you somewhere deep inside. Again....fuck smoking.

I started up because I was bored out of my mind putting in hours at my family's liquor store way back in the day and all my friends would stop by to hangout and smoke. Then I quit and started back up again because some fucked up shit happened in my life, I'm weak to it what can I say.

Last edited:
I used to smoke. Loved those fuckers first thing in the morning with a cup of coffee. I quit yrs ago it was cutting into my gear funds, plus my daughter gave me tons of crap about it.

I vape. .25 in my crown tank. I use 9mg juice at 90-110watts. Never smoked but this helps my ptsd. Calms me down rather nicely.

Levi Garrett FTW tho on range days or downrange.

The booze thread got me thinking. Anybody here use tobacco of any sort and if so, how often? Cigarettes, cigars, dip, snus, whatever.

Personally it's a no for me. The health repercussions don't bother me; mostly because I don't really care about an early death, it's moreso the inconveniences that it causes while actually living that I don't enjoy. Never fucked around with smokeless tobacco, only cigs and Black&Milds, neither of them are anything special and just end up leaving me feeling sick. Back in my heavier boozing days it was always the blacked out cig smoking that made me feel like death the morning after. Generally speaking if I'm around a group of smokers I'll usually just peace out and go hangout elsewhere. A lot of people are into e-cigarettes to get their nicotine, I still think that's fuckin' stupid.

I remember Markus Ruhl released a training montage back in the day and there was a short clip of him sparking a Marb Red in the parking lot of a grocery store and a few people lost their shit. Once in a while I'll see empty cans of dip at my gym. Figured the decrease in blood flow and vasoconstriction would definitely diminish the workout.

Anyway fuck it, any input on tobacco products/users goes here.

I tried to smoke and chew but never was my thing and I'm glad it never worked out for me. HARD habit to break once you start. I know a lot of top pro's who smoke on a regular basis. At the end of the day its not good for you and a nasty habit.

i dipped a can and a half a day for 6 years. i quit 2 years ago. it was a long process. i used the nicotine gum for a year. then just one day decided not to go buy anymore. i think training your brain to not want the process or ritual associated with the dip or the cigarette is the hard part. gum was easy, i just bought some trident when i quit the nicotine gum
edit to add. i had dipped on and off since i was 12 years old. but those 6 years were the worst of it. my teeth and gums started to get very sensitive and painful. glad i stopped

Last edited:
Use to be a Big Smoker.
But it got to the point where I felt like every Cigarette was Killing me.
So that was the Impetus to Stop ~ Cold Turkey ~ 10 years ago.

Father died from Lung Cancer in 96'.
So that was also in the back of my mind................ JP

Use to be a Big Smoker.
But it got to the point where I felt like every Cigarette was Killing me.
So that was the Impetus to Stop ~ Cold Turkey ~ 10 years ago.

Father died from Lung Cancer in 96'.
So that was also in the back of my mind................ JP

it was

I chewed a tin a day or so for 4 years (construction). My dads always been around 250lb or so at 6’. He’s always been on me about quitting always mentioning curt schilling. I said if he gets below 200lb I’ll quit chewing. That bastard must know little slice because my god he did it lol. Quit cold turkey. Haven’t chewed since. He’s back to 250...

It’s easy for me not to chew when I ask myself
“Well I could chew a tin a day or I could run 6iu black tops everyday”

Went from numb lips to numb hands and couldn’t be happier.

Ingested, inhaled, processed, used... not only is it unhealthy, its just gross. Wouldn't go near someone with a tobacco habit of any sort.
However, i saw a different perspective and (spiritual) use for tobacco leaves at a recent ayahuasca ceremony i went to. The plant was mixed with other roots and herbs and blown into each nostril to open the pineal gland. It wad also brewed with some herbs, lemon, spices to make a 'bath' for topical energy clearing

I’m a big dipper. Grizzly Snuff. About a can and a half a day. Always lift with one in. My workout are just fine. I’ve accrued all the mass I want and did it years ago. Lately, because I take several nootropics, I pretty much keep a dip in when I’m not eating. Been dipping since 17. I’m 38. Probably going to quit soon just because it’s a waste of money. My teeth and gums are fine. Good genetics plus I floss nightly, use a Sonicare brush and every night before retiring to the couch then bed I’ll rinse with a whitening/fluoride rinse. And then put a big n juicy hog in to fall asleep with hahaha

Used to smoke 2 packs of newports a day down from 3-4 but that was in a dark place in my life. I'm on chantix now and I'm down to less than a pack a day, need to quit soon :D. The only place I still smoke is sitting at my desk at work like right now as I puff away, anywhere else I don't have the urge anymore unless it includes heavy drinking of course but even then maybe one or two.

My thing is other than smelling like cigarettes which sucks I never got the crazy repercussions from it, knock on wood I'm sure they will come eventually unless I quit. I did quit for a year or so a while back and I was expecting it to have some big impact on my workouts and it really didn't, I was disappointed and surprised. At this point my main motivation to quit is the smell and the physical things such as skin, hair and teeth. Not to say I'm ignorant towards what it's doing on the inside but it's hard to use that as motivation when I don't see it in my face like I do the other stuff.

My dad is in his 60's and smokes enough to give half of PM cancer, he has since he was a kid. He did a full work up recently and the doc told him his lungs were clear. We were all shocked and joked that he didn't understand because english isn't his first language but no he said they are clear. My dad smiled and we all wanted to kill the doc because we've been trying to get him to quit.

In short....fuck smoking. That and gambling are probably the worst things I've ever gotten into in my life. Oh and long term relationships with hoes....:banghead::D

I quit with Chantix bro. I tried it one time and never stopped smoking and I went kinda nuts from not getting any nicotine.
The second time I stuck to my quit date of two weeks after I started and I was able to quit with just a little bit of frustration but nothing bad.
No side effects for me at all besides less drive to smoke.
Good luck bro seriously

Never smoked, vaped, chewed, etc. I’m 46 and have never even tried it. I was raised to not even speak to people who smoked. They don’t even care about their own health let alone mine. I have zero family members who smoke or use any sort of tobacco product. Absolutely zero health benefit in my eyes. No thanks.

Never smoked, vaped, chewed, etc. I’m 46 and have never even tried it. I was raised to not even speak to people who smoked. They don’t even care about their own health let alone mine. I have zero family members who smoke or use any sort of tobacco product. Absolutely zero health benefit in my eyes. No thanks.

:yeahthat:
And don’t even get me started on women who smoke. Bad breath, bad teeth, bad skin, dry hair, smell like shit! Yuck!!! 🤢

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131