YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

today i ask for your thoughts & prayers!

buffbabeca

Kilo Klub Member
Today I need to ask for some thoughts & prayers! Most of you don't know but today would have been the 57th birthday of my mommy! I say would have been because I sadly lost my mom almost 5 years ago to cancer! Today is a rough day for me! She was not only my mommy but my best friend! She taught me everything I know and is every bit of the reason I am the woman I am today! I spent my whole life looking up to her 2ven though I was taller then her hahahaha! She was a woman with a heart who didn't know when to stop giving or caring! Whether my mom was caring for her 2 daughter & hubby or doing volunteer work she was always worried about everyone else before herself! I have never met a woman with more strength then my mom, I didn't know u could pack that much fight into a 5 foot and a 1/2 inch woman! My mom battled cancer for 2 years with everything she had! She wasn't a quitter and from her passing I taken away an understanding of my own personal strength and a lifetime of memories that bring me to tears! I miss you mommy and hope I'm making you proud!!!!!!!

I also want to send a special thank you to gearheadz for being my rock today and always!!!

I'm sure she is proud of you. Your note certainly brought a tear to my eye and I'm sure to call my on mom this weekend.

Stay strong and rock on.

Thank you so very much for that post GH! Baby you are my rock! I wasn't always the best daughter and for sure had my moments but it sure changed my life when I was told she was diagnosed! The C word is nothing to play with! I will be posting a little of my story when I get home from work and also a link to a donation website for the cancer walk that I do every year in honor or my mom and every other woman , man ,& child who battles, survived or lost their life to this horrible disease! Please don't feel pressured to donate but if you do , I thank you from the bottom of my heart! I feel lucky to walk this race every year with my sister , bro in law , two nephews , and this year joining us is Gearheadz! Its an emotional day for me but I couldn't be prouder to do it in her honor

Buff, your mother has been at total peace for the last five years and is in for an eternity of peace and serenity. Do not cry for her, but be happy she has no suffering in her life and she is with you always. Esp in your heart. She is watching over you and still guiding you from the other side. Bless her and praise her for all she has done for you. She does not want her baby to be sad! Celebrate her life with you, this is what she wants. God bless her and keep her!

All i have to say is i am very sad to read this post,im very sorry,muscledoc1.

For those of you who want to donate..... here's my story

This is the letter that my sister sends out about WHY we walk....

Why do I walk in the annual "Run for Her" event? My family and I walk every year in memory of my mom, Sherry "Mouse" . After an 18 month battle with Cervical Cancer, my mom was taken from us way too soon on March 12, 2003 at the age of 52. She was a loving and giving Daughter, Sister, Wife, Mother and was a soon to be Nana. I miss her every day.

When my husband Jeff, a Cedars-Sinai employee, told me about this new event they were having, I knew it was the perfect way to honor my mother's courageous fight against Cervical Cancer as well as teach our son Tyler about helping others. By raising money for a good cause, we felt that Tyler as well as Jeff and I were carrying on her memory and natural instinct to help people. Throughout her life my mother could never say no to helping others. Even during her chemo and radiation she was still participating in many of her community and charitable activities.

Cancer of all forms has affected many members of our family and close friends. Walking in the Run for Her event every year honors my mother's passion for helping people and the positive attitude she had in the face her diagnosis. Each time I cross the start/finish line at the beginning of the race I cry a little bit, but I also feel the warmth of her with me and know I have made her proud.

Every year our team grows larger with more friends and family participating and honoring those who have been diagnosed with cancer. It warms my heart to see all the families out walking in honor of their loved ones and raising money for a great cause. To those who have been diagnosed I say as my mom would say.... "Keep the Faith".

See you at Run for Her 2007!

Here's the link if you would like to donate
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorRe...45924750B696C14E73D5721E&supId=0&team=2645428

THANK YOU TO ANYONE WHO DONATES MONEY.... I APPRECIATE IT!!!

Buff, I lost my Mom when she was 52 to cancer. I remember how painful it was. The worst part for me was that the pain actually started to go away and now it's been so long that she is really gone. I would rather have the painful feelings back rather than the loss of her momory as the years go by.

I would like to say something big and important but i would prob mess it up.Buff just stay the way you are kind when you have to be and stern when it counts.I didnt know your mom but i am sure she helped make you who you are and she is proud of you.Remember she is still here when you give advice to your friends i am sure its a lot like the same way she was to you.They always worn you will become you parents.Well i think we would all like her alot.later buff

i just read your post. as you know i have a day and time like this eachyear. im sorry for your loss and i know eveyone is going to try and make you feel better. its just because they care and even though you appreciate it it doesnt make it better. wel just know there are many like you coping and dealing with death. think of the things youlearned from your mom. one of the best things ive learned is to tell people about them. when you meet people in your position, comfort them, let them know things will get better in time. i am not a religious person so praying isnt my thing, but i hope yo can feel a little bit better day by day, week by wek, year by year. i just spoke to a woman whos twin sister died a looooong time ago. it was her birthday. she was bummed at the gym and i asked if she was ok, she told me about her sister, i told her about my brother, and we shared that moment. i joked w her all day at the gym, and even when she responded to nobody else she reacted w me cause of the bond. well i guess no matter how long goes by you never forget it, but you live with it. if theres anything i can do please let me know.
lucian

I think oldfella said it best!!! I think its great you stay involved with the walk!!! my wife & I were in a little spat today and got a call that her uncle was just dignosed with non hodgkins lymphoma. are little argument was over real quick! man I hate this nasty thing called cancer!!! keep smiling!!!

Buff... we've had a busy weekend and I'm just getting to your post. I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I think the Walk is a excellent way to celebrate your mom's life and help others.

Just got back from a long weekend as well Buff. My grandmother also died from Cervical cancer. It was really tough seeing her go through that. This weekend I had a chance to read her bible. I opened it up, and saw a date next to a certain scripture in Psalms. The date was in 95' when she was going through her fight with cancer and talked about how to deal with death and dying. As I read it I said to myself, "This is my grandmother's bible. She is here with me today." It was a really beautiful thing. So glad to hear that you are involved with the walk! I will pray for your mom.

Best wishes Buff.

My mom is a survivor of almost 15 years, I learned a lot from her experience. Recently they found two lumps in her thyroid, we're hoping for the best and will deal with what may come when that road arrives.

Just know you aren't alone, and everything you have is a reminder of her.

I just saw this and wanted to say that I am very sorry for your loss........I have watched several in my family lose their battle with cancer and was lucky enough to be with each of them for their last breath [ this includes my sister] I am sure your mom was an amazing person .And just know as long as you are breathing she lives inside you and if you ever have a child she will live inside her as well..................people never die unless we let them........it sounds to me like your mom is alive and well from the sound of your post.......I am sorry for your loss ,but happy that you had a wonderful mother

Lost my mom 3 years ago, I feel your pain. Prayers for you and your Mom.

She's in a better place

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420