over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tom Prince passed away. RIP

I'm drawing from memory.. but it was nothing to see him incline on smith machine well over 405 for decent reps.. as I stated in previous threads he did the middle range in his presses.. he would top out the flex seated leverage machine. And that machine is heavy..

I have said this on here before but Tom was the most impressive guy I ever saw.. in the late 90s I went to golds Venice every year.. saw Tom there alot.. but once at a gym called Fitness Forum ( not far from golds) Tom was working out.. he , same as me, was a equipment junkie.. Tom didn't use much free weight.. mainly machines.. Smith etc.. and Fitness Forum had some nice modified equipment.. I saw Tom there and he got on the scale and was 300 pounds I believe.. at 5'8.. he was the widest guy imaginable.. strong as hell.. but had great joint pain and admitted to doing fairly extreme things just to be able to workout ..
Tom was very honest in his cycles and meds he took.. his cycles honestly weren't near what you'd expect.. there are guys here on their third cycle taking more than Tom did.. and thats a fact.. but he trained hard.. lots of volume.. and heavy.. ate like a madman.. but he got out very early.. his body rebelled..
He/I were at the same gym for a while (World Gym in Boynton Beach FL - long closed now). Definitely put in the time and effort under the weight. Super impressive physique and a lot of effort into food too. Even early 90s he was Smith machine and machines heavily with joint issues. At that time though very few Bbing guys were doing much free weights. Dorian was the guy that got people doing barbell rows again. Chris Duffy even said himself that he felt like he was championing a Renaissance for the deadlift. Very few top guys were squatting at all and no one deadlifting before Duffy brought it back.

Looks like cancer is what got him in the end. He had his wife with him when he passed on. I didnt realize he was only 52. Thats my age.

"“His wife Becca was at his side when he passed peacefully, no more pain and no more fight. I’ll always be grateful for the time we had together, training, laughing, eating, traveling. Rest in Peace brother.” – Bob Cicherillo"

Does anyone know what kind of cancer it was?

Tom had serious genetic blood issues that affected his kidneys, he didn’t know, not unlike John but much worse Tom prolly should’ve never hit the stage but he found out after getting jacked. It cost him some years for sure but Tom was never gonna see much more than 70-75 so I dunno, he stayed in the life even after he got f diagnosed. I’ll say Tom was one of the first guys that I was like “Fuck that’s how I want to look”. 10 years older than me, it’s a head fuck but again I really don’t think PEDs did that much, he had some serious health issues roids or not.

He was super cool to me and other serious lifters but like Titus he did not like regular people and wannabes kicking his shit. Competitive time or not, you did not wanna ask him what he benched as a stranger on the street 😂😂😂

Tom had serious genetic blood issues that affected his kidneys, he didn’t know, not unlike John but much worse Tom prolly should’ve never hit the stage but he found out after getting jacked. It cost him some years for sure but Tom was never gonna see much more than 70-75 so I dunno, he stayed in the life even after he got f diagnosed. I’ll say Tom was one of the first guys that I was like “Fuck that’s how I want to look”. 10 years older than me, it’s a head fuck but again I really don’t think PEDs did that much, he had some serious health issues roids or not.
Yeah.. but really he got out pretty early.. around 2000.. but his genetics for health were pretty flawed.. he died from cancer.. what type I don't know.. so in the end it wasn't the kidneys that got him.. it was cancer.. I know that when I talked with him even in the early 1990s and a bit after he already had aweful joint issues.. sad..

Really sad to hear. I always thought he had one of the best physiques out there and who knows what he could have accomplished. I saw him in person in at the '98 or '99 USA. What a monster! RIP

Who is John?

I remember when Tom announced his retirement from competitive bodybuilding. At that time, he said it was the NSAIDs that really ended his bodybuilding career. There were also rumors for a long time about Nubain. In any event, when I was first getting into hardcore bodybuilding, he was definitely one of the freakiest. Aside from Ronnie, it was like him and Markus Ruhl who were the thickest (Nasser had basically stopped competing and wasn't placing and Dillett had disappeared). The question was could he put it all together on show day and sadly we only got a glimpse of what could have been at the Night Of Champions.

Who is John?

I remember when Tom announced his retirement from competitive bodybuilding. At that time, he said it was the NSAIDs that really ended his bodybuilding career. There were also rumors for a long time about Nubain. In any event, when I was first getting into hardcore bodybuilding, he was definitely one of the freakiest. Aside from Ronnie, it was like him and Markus Ruhl who were the thickest (Nasser had basically stopped competing and wasn't placing and Dillett had disappeared). The question was could he put it all together on show day and sadly we only got a glimpse of what could have been at the Night Of Champions.
Yeah.. I posted a couple days ago that he took ibrophen by the handful for many years.. 16 to 20 a day .. he openly said his dr told him the anti inflammation pounding did him in.. his joints were in bad shape and he needed them to train.. he stopped about 20 years ago.. but the kidneys were still very bad.. he died though from cancer.. what type I don't know

Yeah.. I posted a couple days ago that he took ibrophen by the handful for many years.. 16 to 20 a day .. he openly said his dr told him the anti inflammation pounding did him in.. his joints were in bad shape and he needed them to train.. he stopped about 20 years ago.. but the kidneys were still very bad.. he died though from cancer.. what type I don't know
There were pictures of him in the Mecca in the late 90's in Muscle Mag literally filling up the flat Hammer Chest Press (supine version) and many others where he loaded up the machines. As others have said, he was incredibly strong. Wish there was more footage of his training. I believe he was one on the Battle For The Olympia vids doing shoulders but there was nothing crazy in that vid. Muscle Mag used to have a section about the goings on in the Mecca in the late 90's. Stories and also pics that were not staged. Kinda fun. Great equipment in that place in that time. They had the black and yellow pieces.

What was also cool about Tom Prince was he did some Q & As on Chad's old site and I actually asked him what his training looked like post-cycle or during off-time as it was rarely talked about anywhere that I can recall back then. He said that he would reduce his poundages by about 20%. I thought that was pretty interesting because I never actually heard numbers for this topic ever.

Bob Chic interviewed him on bodybuilding.com the fit show epi 1. I watched it again for the first time in fifteen years or so.. I remember having to wait forty minutes back in 2006 or so when it came out to watch the whole thing due to the internet service taking that time to load.

Tom used to pose with Wheeler, Cormier, Dillet, some others while Charles Glass looked on and gave pointers. At his his Biggest he was a freaking mass monster and one of the widest guys around

Man...he seemed like a good dude. He had some profound things to say about life and keeping bodybuilding in perspective after his kidney issues. R.I.P.

Who is John?

John Meadows and yes he took Nubain, everyone was taking Nubain in the 90s and those of us who started in the early 2000s got exposed to it. I used to get cases of the 10 amp packs from Mexico and never touched then Titus said it was the key to leg day, it got ahold of me for a short while, but bc i hadd heavy access i had a TON of pros that came to me, this was 20 years ago. i havent even seen Nubain since 2004 but Nubain is harmless if not abused. Now vicodin with tylenol would be a different story……. Either way these blood disorders are lethal for normal people so for us its just something that cannot happen without some consequence. Im mean look at McGrath all these years jacked as fuck with one kidney, now really none. Lives life on his terms but i wouldnt do this at this level with one kidney.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear