over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tom Prince passed away. RIP

I'm new a semi pro basketball player that did the literal same thing for years.. bad ankles.. he only stopped when team physical showed early signs of kidney failure

Kenny Easley is another one. Wrecked his kidneys with ibuprofen. Would’ve been a for sure first ballot HOFer if he could’ve had a long career (he still got in, but way later).

Yea NSAIDS are poison I try to take them only a few times a year if I’m miserable, like all vets I get fucking headaches all the damn time so sometimes you gotta break down and take an NSAID.
Yeah occasional use is pretty harmless.. hell I probably take it once a week.. 2 tabs maybe.. but 20 a day ??? Wow..
I was talking to a older lifter In my town the other day ( he's in his late 60s)... I was talking about this.. he laughed and said " he'll you know how bad my elbows are.. I take at least 4 on my chest and tricep day.. maybe another 4 later in the week if they bother me.. have for 30 years"..

Wasn't this the same issue with Derick Anthony? Kidney problems but the cause of death was cancer?

Yeah.. I posted a couple days ago that he took ibrophen by the handful for many years.. 16 to 20 a day .. he openly said his dr told him the anti inflammation pounding did him in.. his joints were in bad shape and he needed them to train.. he stopped about 20 years ago.. but the kidneys were still very bad.. he died though from cancer.. what type I don't know
Every time I've been to the doc for something minor (sprained thumb at work, twisted ankle at work) just to get x-rays they were more than happy to try and write me a script for this stuff. I always declined but they literally didn't even ask me if I was in pain, come in for anything, send them home with ibuprofen.

Every time I've been to the doc for something minor (sprained thumb at work, twisted ankle at work) just to get x-rays they were more than happy to try and write me a script for this stuff. I always declined but they literally didn't even ask me if I was in pain, come in for anything, send them home with ibuprofen.

I think it's fair for them to assume you're in pain if a sprained thumb or twisted ankle causes you to make a trip to the ER. Ibuprofen short term is fine. Chronic use however may lead to some serious issues. It's like anything else, abuse it and there are consequences. Use it wisely and reap the benefits it was created for which is the reduction of inflammation.

Yeah occasional use is pretty harmless.. hell I probably take it once a week.. 2 tabs maybe.. but 20 a day ??? Wow..
I was talking to a older lifter In my town the other day ( he's in his late 60s)... I was talking about this.. he laughed and said " he'll you know how bad my elbows are.. I take at least 4 on my chest and tricep day.. maybe another 4 later in the week if they bother me.. have for 30 years"..
Yea that’s bad but it ain’t 20 and I don’t he’s chewing up C-17s and popping norcos too either

I think it's fair for them to assume you're in pain if a sprained thumb or twisted ankle causes you to make a trip to the ER. Ibuprofen short term is fine. Chronic use however may lead to some serious issues. It's like anything else, abuse it and there are consequences. Use it wisely and reap the benefits it was created for which is the reduction of inflammation.
Yea, bingo. Dose and duration make the difference. If i'm in pain, almost all the doctors around here will not even attempt to write a prescription for pain meds like Vics et al anymore. I know the laws have stiffened up against them, but they just have to fill-out more paperwork, which they don't like doing, so they just decline. They make it seem like if you ask for it these days you are some kind of a drug user and will get addicted to it. Drives me nuts. I tell them I could get them in other places if I wanted to, and that I wouldn't waste my time coming in legally for a few days' worth of pain meds for real PAIN. For example, I threw my back out really bad a few years back, and I asked for pain meds. The doctor was like, well they are bad for you and addicting, so no. I was like, doc, i'm just asking for something to help me get through the night so I can get some kind of rest, i'm not going to get addicted to having a 2–4-day Rx for night-time only, and i'm fukking over 40 years old, i'm not some punk-ass 17-year-old kid trying to get a high. They usually write me a script for Ibuprofen, which I can get over-the-counter:rolleyes:

Responsible use is fine, and there is definitely a difference between that and abuse.

Yea, bingo. Dose and duration make the difference. If i'm in pain, almost all the doctors around here will not even attempt to write a prescription for pain meds like Vics et al anymore. I know the laws have stiffened up against them, but they just have to fill-out more paperwork, which they don't like doing, so they just decline. They make it seem like if you ask for it these days you are some kind of a drug user and will get addicted to it. Drives me nuts. I tell them I could get them in other places if I wanted to, and that I wouldn't waste my time coming in legally for a few days' worth of pain meds for real PAIN. For example, I threw my back out really bad a few years back, and I asked for pain meds. The doctor was like, well they are bad for you and addicting, so no. I was like, doc, i'm just asking for something to help me get through the night so I can get some kind of rest, i'm not going to get addicted to having a 2–4-day Rx for night-time only, and i'm fukking over 40 years old, i'm not some punk-ass 17-year-old kid trying to get a high. They usually write me a script for Ibuprofen, which I can get over-the-counter:rolleyes:

Responsible use is fine, and there is definitely a difference between that and abuse.
"The dose makes the poison" (Latin: dosis sola facit venenum 'only the dose makes the poison') is an adage intended to indicate a basic principle of toxicology. It is credited to Paracelsus who expressed the classic toxicology maxim "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; the dosage alone makes it so a thing is not a poison." This is often condensed to: "The dose makes the poison" or in Latin, "Sola dosis facit venenum". It means that a substance can produce the harmful effect associated with its toxic properties only if it reaches a susceptible biological system within the body in a high enough concentration (i.e., dose).

Thank you Wikipedia. I remembered the jist of it but not all of it.

Reactions: Bio
Damn 52 thats way too young guess he is up in Iron Paradise with all the other brothers we lost.Be healthy gents.

tom used to have classic threads and rants over on the muscle mayhem forum back from 2002-2005-6ish!! some guys on here were on that forum then... he would go off on guys... sometimes is was hilarious other times it was foolish but it was always entertaining.

I used to see Tom on occasion in Santa Monica.. good dude.. very funny.. strong as hell.. very honest about everything..

tom used to have classic threads and rants over on the muscle mayhem forum back from 2002-2005-6ish!! some guys on here were on that forum then... he would go off on guys... sometimes is was hilarious other times it was foolish but it was always entertaining.
Yea Tom and Craig were a lot alike as far as temperament. Craig woukd get out of the car in Miami and Vegas and fight dudes for staring at Kelly or talking shit. Some of us have def perpetuated the crazy bodybuilder stereotype but as fucked as he wound up being he was good to me. And there’s a lot to that story that doesn’t get told she didn’t deserve what she got but there was motive that she thought was a way to get money and/or Craig.

Yea Tom and Craig were a lot alike as far as temperament. Craig woukd get out of the car in Miami and Vegas and fight dudes for staring at Kelly or talking shit. Some of us have def perpetuated the crazy bodybuilder stereotype but as fucked as he wound up being he was good to me. And there’s a lot to that story that doesn’t get told she didn’t deserve what she got but there was motive that she thought was a way to get money and/or Craig.
Yeah Craig was a " nice" enough guy in the couple instances I was around him.. but he was a classic text book narcissist and his constant use of rec drugs and gear mixed didn't help reduce his narcissistic behavior lol

Yeah Craig was a " nice" enough guy in the couple instances I was around him.. but he was a classic text book narcissist and his constant use of rec drugs and gear mixed didn't help reduce his narcissistic behavior lol
Oh 100% he was an ass to all people not on his crew or decent lifters. Craig also did send me down the Nubian path which was a bitch to beat but you said it the rec drugs were the gas on the fire of his destruction and that’s the one thing we have to stop is the “you can’t drink so do drugs mentality of bodybuilding” don’t get me wrong drinking isn’t a good option either and if you can roll a few times a year no more cool but outside of weed, where legal 😂, the rest is bad for your goals and for me weed makes me a shit bodybuilder I’m lazier and fuck up my diet so I don’t fuck with it either.

Oh 100% he was an ass to all people not on his crew or decent lifters. Craig also did send me down the Nubian path which was a bitch to beat but you said it the rec drugs were the gas on the fire of his destruction and that’s the one thing we have to stop is the “you can’t drink so do drugs mentality of bodybuilding” don’t get me wrong drinking isn’t a good option either and if you can roll a few times a year no more cool but outside of weed, where legal 😂, the rest is bad for your goals and for me weed makes me a shit bodybuilder I’m lazier and fuck up my diet so I don’t fuck with it either.
Nubain. Saw so many get into this during that period. Buddy went through hell withdrawals. He was a source for a shit ton of others too. I tried it a few times but never did anything good for me... happy about that once I saw the outcome of a number of others.

Tom had aweful shoulder and elbow issues.. lots of pain in his competitive days.. he had a interview once where he stated the only way he could train was to take quite a bit of ibrophen a day.. like 16 to 20.. for years.. but he kept going.. loved training
Jesus :( that right there could have killed his kidneys alone.

Nubain. Saw so many get into this during that period. Buddy went through hell withdrawals. He was a source for a shit ton of others too. I tried it a few times but never did anything good for me... happy about that once I saw the outcome of a number of others.
Yea I was one that got pulled in by BIG names guys and spread it like cancer. Fortunately I sorted it out before too long and blew up the ability for anyone else to get it. We were all I. Our early 20s and they thank me now but we all suffered sadly a few switched to legit opiates but when you’re 23 and pros are using it….. plus it was awesome for the first 4-6 weeks that’s the real issue, the hook is set before you realize it’s in your mouth.

Tom had some epic posts on Chad's board back in the day in the early 2000s. Like stuff I'd never heard any pros ever talk about. He was also one of the first huge guys I ever heard (and he admitted this himself) that he really didn't take in a ton of protein. I don't know if this was intentional or if he was already dealing with kidney issues. Like someone wrote earlier, his elbow, shoulder, and knee issues were well documented. I recall one of his last shows he wrote that he couldn't train his legs the last few weeks and wasn't even able to do cardio the last month or two before his show. The guy's body was really wrecked unfortunately. Had a reputation for being incredibly strong his whole career, and I'd seen pics of him in Gold's completely loading up many machines with weight. Supposedly back in Minnesota though before he moved out to LA, he was even stronger and used a lot of free weights in his training and moved massive poundages. He was actually a swimmer in college if I recall. IMO, even though he didn't have the competitive resume, he had one of the freakiest physiques of the time in the early 2000s and will always be a "what if". Very very intelligent guy and not a typical meathead.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear