over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tonsils removed?

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
Anyone ever get their tonsils removed? I get tonsillitis once a year with a really bad flu and I was reading if you get your tonsils removed it can help. I have sleep apnea and am using a Cpap machine but I heard your tonsils removed will help that as well. Only contradiction is I believe your tonsils play a role in your immune system so if they are removed does your immune system be more susceptible to bacteria and cold/virus? If that’s the case then it’s definitely not worth it.

I got mine removed when I was young. I've never had sleep apnea so I can't tell you if it will help that or not.

But I can tell you I haven't had tonsillitis since removal. Also my immune system works just fine. I've gotten sick once in the past ten years.

I also had my tonsils and adenoids removed at a young age (10 yrs old). Prior to that i was getting sick quite often. I have never gotten tonsillitis since then. I do not get sick hardly ever now. I did get the flu last year lasted about 2 weeks. My wife also got the flu as well and she got a flu shot, so go figure. i googled adenoids and sleep apnea and saw this: In children, the most common cause of obstructive sleep apnea is enlarged tonsils and adenoids in the upper airway. Infections may cause these glands to enlarge. Large adenoids may completely block the nasal passages and make breathing through the nose difficult or impossible. ... Obesity may cause obstructive sleep apnea.

Pretty much exactly the same for me. Had mine removed when I was about 9 or 10, literally haven't had strep throat since and very rarely have gotten sick since then! Maybe a cold or the flu once every few years or so, but that's really been it. I also used to get bronchitis a lot growing up, but not after having my tonsils removed.

I also had my tonsils and adenoids removed at a young age (10 yrs old). Prior to that i was getting sick quite often. I have never gotten tonsillitis since then. I do not get sick hardly ever now. I did get the flu last year lasted about 2 weeks. My wife also got the flu as well and she got a flu shot, so go figure. i googled adenoids and sleep apnea and saw this: In children, the most common cause of obstructive sleep apnea is enlarged tonsils and adenoids in the upper airway. Infections may cause these glands to enlarge. Large adenoids may completely block the nasal passages and make breathing through the nose difficult or impossible. ... Obesity may cause obstructive sleep apnea.

I had mine removed at age 5. I remember the cute nurse giving me a shot in my butt. Next day i was eating ice cream and sherbert as much as i wanted.
I have a weak immune system so it didn’t help that. I had chronic ear infections as a child which is why i had them removed so young.

I had mine removed at age 5. I remember the cute nurse giving me a shot in my butt. Next day i was eating ice cream and sherbert as much as i wanted.
I have a weak immune system so it didn’t help that. I had chronic ear infections as a child which is why i had them removed so young.

JJ, I never knew you had no ears. At least you got muscle to compensate and still pick up the ladies...:D

Anyone ever get their tonsils removed? I get tonsillitis once a year with a really bad flu and I was reading if you get your tonsils removed it can help. I have sleep apnea and am using a Cpap machine but I heard your tonsils removed will help that as well. Only contradiction is I believe your tonsils play a role in your immune system so if they are removed does your immune system be more susceptible to bacteria and cold/virus? If that’s the case then it’s definitely not worth it.

My tonsils were removed at 18. I never had tonsillitis again and I have been sick less often since then. It will improve your sleep apnea. They do play a role in your immune system but you will be perfectly fine without them, you will not be more susceptible to disease, and I urge you to get them removed if they are making you sick and the doctor recommends it. You will be happier with them gone!

I had mine taken out in my mid twenties. The recovery was a pain, but the procedure itself wasn't bad. If the surgeon thinks it's a good idea to remove them, and your yearly strep is a burden, I'd go for it.

Not sure if it helps with sleep apnea, but I wouldn't see how it would hurt.

I had my tonsils removed at 19...I was getting strep throat/tonsillitis 3-4 times a year as well as numerous colds...I did not get sick for 5 years after their removal...best thing I ever did......kvh

I had mine removed at 30 and it sucked! LOL!! The older you are, the worse it is. The first week is miserable. Then in the second week, things start slowly feeling better day by day.

I had mine removed at 30 and it sucked! LOL!! The older you are, the worse it is. The first week is miserable. Then in the second week, things start slowly feeling better day by day.

Hey Bio - can you elaborate on the pain and what was miserable?

I heard the same, the older you are the more shitty you will feel post operation.

Thinking of getting my removed at age 38.

Hey Bio - can you elaborate on the pain and what was miserable?

I heard the same, the older you are the more shitty you will feel post operation.

Thinking of getting my removed at age 38.

It's just VERY sore. Nothing you can't handle but I didn't eat any solid food for the first week. Get creative with your protein shakes...actually more like a meal replacement shake. The pain is what it is and you'll get past it, it just sucks for that first week. Who knows, maybe they've found a way to make it less painful. Mine was 19 years ago.

I got my tonsils removed young but was told my a doctor that it isn’t practiced anymore because it’s proven to not do much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel Bio's pain. It was rough, but tolerable. A couple times it felt like I'd never be able to swallow again, but a few weeks and you'll be right as rain!

I had mine taken out in my mid twenties. The recovery was a pain, but the procedure itself wasn't bad. If the surgeon thinks it's a good idea to remove them, and your yearly strep is a burden, I'd go for it.

Not sure if it helps with sleep apnea, but I wouldn't see how it would hurt.

How long was recovery?

I had chronic ear infections as a kid too but they never said anything about tonsils. That was 30 years ago so they just gave me antibiotics on a daily basis. I was probably on antibiotics for years as a kid which is what I believe has caused me a permanent shitty immune system as I always get sick.

I got my tonsils removed young but was told my a doctor that it isn’t practiced anymore because it’s proven to not do much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never heard this and would definitely dispute this claim.
Tonsils are definitely still taken out.

I have never heard this and would definitely dispute this claim.
Tonsils are definitely still taken out.

I have heard that too about medical community stopping it but it seems like it has picked back up again. There might be some debate about it now. I had my tonsils and adenoids removed when I was about 5 years old. It wasn't a big deal at all, but I hear the guys on here saying its a lot tougher when you are older. As a kid I was in the hospital over night and that was it.

A lot of stuff is easier to handle as a kid. As an adult, when I was teaching, I came down with chicken pox. I never had it as a kid and didn't have the vaccine since it had only been developed a few years at the time and never thought to do it. Man was I sick! Never been so ill. I missed almost 2 weeks of work. 107 degree fever and it was that high for almost 1 week. They put me on antiviral meds and it helped bring down the fever some. I also developed shingles toward the end of the illness. I looked like a leper.

I have heard that too about medical community stopping it but it seems like it has picked back up again. There might be some debate about it now. I had my tonsils and adenoids removed when I was about 5 years old. It wasn't a big deal at all, but I hear the guys on here saying its a lot tougher when you are older. As a kid I was in the hospital over night and that was it.

A lot of stuff is easier to handle as a kid. As an adult, when I was teaching, I came down with chicken pox. I never had it as a kid and didn't have the vaccine since it had only been developed a few years at the time and never thought to do it. Man was I sick! Never been so ill. I missed almost 2 weeks of work. 107 degree fever and it was that high for almost 1 week. They put me on antiviral meds and it helped bring down the fever some. I also developed shingles toward the end of the illness. I looked like a leper.

My dad just turned 70 and got shingles when he was 65. He still takes valtrex when he gets breakouts. He’s super tough too unlike me and my generation lol he grew up in the slums of Ohio and worked in the steel mill and mines. Then became a successful doctor. So he’s not one to complain but man he said shingles were hell!

My dad just turned 70 and got shingles when he was 65. He still takes valtrex when he gets breakouts. He’s super tough too unlike me and my generation lol he grew up in the slums of Ohio and worked in the steel mill and mines. Then became a successful doctor. So he’s not one to complain but man he said shingles were hell!

Feels literally like you have spilled hydrochloric acid on your skin. I got some on my hand once in Chemistry at college but it was dilute thank God. Felt very similar.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear