over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Too many red blood cells?

juiced13

Registered
Hey guy i was wondering what else everyone does. I have heard that gear causes an increase in red blood cells. I know of four buddies who are all likeme an haveahigh rbc count. Today i went to give blood try anget some off but they told me my count was too high an i needed to have some drawn off but they wouldnt do it.

Does anyone else have thisprob anif sowhat can i do about it.
Thanks

Theres a couple blood thinning things you can take but you need to be damned careful as AAS also hinders co-agulation, could end up being a problem.
Avoiding certain types of gear like EQ is also a good idea.

If you are too high to donate you will probably have to do a theraputic phlebotomy - this can be prescribed by a doctor or some blood donation places will do this but they often charge you for it and toss the blood.

Once you get the RBC count down you need to stay on top of it with regular donations

the red cross in my area only checks iron levels. they no longer do therapudic draws. is there another place to get blood drawn ?

Phlebotomy ASAP.doc can fax a script to blood bank and they will do the rest.makes you feel a lot better after words to.start some baby aspirin Ed also.and stay hydrated.but get the phlebotomy.

Hey guy i was wondering what else everyone does. I have heard that gear causes an increase in red blood cells. I know of four buddies who are all likeme an haveahigh rbc count. Today i went to give blood try anget some off but they told me my count was too high an i needed to have some drawn off but they wouldnt do it.

Does anyone else have thisprob anif sowhat can i do about it.
Thanks

How high was your RBC? My friend was 19 and he just donated on Friday.

How high was your RBC? My friend was 19 and he just donated on Friday.

That is usually right at the cutoff, I cant remeber what the places around me were but that is close. Every place is different too. THey are doing that for your own good though because they realize that the level is dangerously high and not normal and you should see a doctor to find out what the hell is wrong with you. OF course they dont know youre on steroids so to them you have a serious health condition and you need to see a doc ASAP.

how do they test it before they take your blood?

how do they test it before they take your blood?

Just a finger prick, like they do for blood sugar. You can buy the monitor for you home, I did.

Cut off is 19. Mine was just 20.2. But they wouldnt do a thing so nowi guess igot to.find a doc who will write this as some i talked to already said thats crazy you dont need blood drawn off. If i can get it back to normal i will keep it drawn off but it wasnt til a er visit that i discovered this about my blood an i talked to a few buddies who was having same prob.

Right now i gotput on bpmeds for my preasure do you guys think once my rbc gets back down normal that i willstill need the bp meds?

This might make me sound stupid but is having too much iron the same as high RBC? I was told My iron might be too high once when my RBC's came out high.

Also what's the difference between iron an ferritin.

I was told I might be one of this Europeans who carries too much iron and thus my RBC's were high. This was years ago and I wS smoking at the time

Cut off is 19. Mine was just 20.2. But they wouldnt do a thing so nowi guess igot to.find a doc who will write this as some i talked to already said thats crazy you dont need blood drawn off. If i can get it back to normal i will keep it drawn off but it wasnt til a er visit that i discovered this about my blood an i talked to a few buddies who was having same prob.

Right now i gotput on bpmeds for my preasure do you guys think once my rbc gets back down normal that i willstill need the bp meds?

High hematocrit doesnt + high BP, the two dont have to be interrelated. Your bp is high for another reason. Ive had a hemoglobin of 20 before and my BP was about 122/75. Most likely youre retaining fluids and your blood volume is high because of that, could be other reasons too. Get off the sauce and it will all go away eventually.

This might make me sound stupid but is having too much iron the same as high RBC? I was told My iron might be too high once when my RBC's came out high.

Also what's the difference between iron an ferritin.

I was told I might be one of this Europeans who carries too much iron and thus my RBC's were high. This was years ago and I wS smoking at the time

They are all related but I dont know the particulars. I do know that once you get your iron low enough that will limit your hemoglobin, which is what my hematologist is trying to do with me. You could have high iron though and not necessarily have high hemoglobin, I think.

Is your hemaglobin high from AS or something else.

my rbc is high,,, i was going to donate blood, but where my doctor has me on avodart they wouldnt do it... anything else i can do

I am off now this is my fifth week off. But workouts are still pretty hard i have lost a little endurance but not much. I am talking with a doc in morning who is going to test my blood to see about getting a script to keep it drawn off.

That is usually right at the cutoff, I cant remeber what the places around me were but that is close. Every place is different too. THey are doing that for your own good though because they realize that the level is dangerously high and not normal and you should see a doctor to find out what the hell is wrong with you. OF course they dont know youre on steroids so to them you have a serious health condition and you need to see a doc ASAP.

Like Maldorf said they are concerned you have a genetic disorder such as hemochromatosis. Just a heads up if you aren't honest with your doctor he might want to run a bunch of tests etc to find out what is wrong with you. I'm not recommending anything either way, but just a heads up.

my Dr told me...as a result of having high RBC count...giving blood would help with this situation. Like mentioned above...they check my iron...but never the RBC count. I give regularly.

Giving blood is the option I hear about most.
It seems that it can be difficult sometimes though, I have heard of people getting refused for strange reasons as well as the limit on the number of times you can do it.

This may sound crazy to some, but has anyone done their own phlebotomy? I know crazy cyclists that do it and then add it back in before their competition.
I have done a lot of 'at home medical treatments' such as removing moles/skin tags, stapling bad cuts with a staple gun, burning bleeding wounds, draining infected wounds, and drawing blood to measure my own hematocrit using a centrifuge.
It doesn't sound that difficult to do, especially with one of those butterfly needles you can get online.

I cut my ass cheek open so bad the other day, it severed a blood vessel and bled for 3 days straight. I had a lot to do and couldn't go to the hospital (didn't want to pay either), so I stapled it shut and then stapled some paper towels and duct tape over it. Worked like a charm, and no infection (I did sterilize all the equipment used).
It had bled so bad, I bet I lost enough blood to consider it a phlebotomy, lol. Too bad I sold my centrifuge, it would have been cool to compare the before and after hematocrit levels.

Last edited:
Giving blood is the option I hear about most.
It seems that it can be difficult sometimes though, I have heard of people getting refused for strange reasons as well as the limit on the number of times you can do it.

This may sound crazy to some, but has anyone done their own phlebotomy? I know crazy cyclists that do it and then add it back in before their competition.
I have done a lot of 'at home medical treatments' such as removing moles/skin tags, stapling bad cuts with a staple gun, burning bleeding wounds, draining infected wounds, and drawing blood to measure my own hematocrit using a centrifuge.
It doesn't sound that difficult to do, especially with one of those butterfly needles you can get online.

I cut my ass cheek open so bad the other day, it severed a blood vessel and bled for 3 days straight. I had a lot to do and couldn't go to the hospital (didn't want to pay either), so I stapled it shut and then stapled some paper towels and duct tape over it. Worked like a charm, and no infection (I did sterilize all the equipment used).
It had bled so bad, I bet I lost enough blood to consider it a phlebotomy, lol. Too bad I sold my centrifuge, it would have been cool to compare the before and after hematocrit levels.

I did two of my own the 2 weeks preceeding my heart attack. I don't know doing that caused trouble, but I dont think it safe after what happened to me. Your call. Its easy enough to do though.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws