over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

too much artificial sweetner?

db006

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
i am a week out from one show, and 3 weeks out from another, and as i sat here and ate my oatmeal w/sugar free mrs butters worth, i was wondering if i can use too much? there is only 35 cals a serving, and 350 in the whole 12 serving bottle. i get about 12 uses. so is there anything wrong with artificial sweetners? :confused:

i used sweet and low and equal and drank mad diet coke up to 2 weeks before a show- its the only thing that kept me going and said directly in my nutrition class- all the sweeteners like aspartame and splenda are not recognized by the body therefore it does not know to increase insulin or gain fat storage from it or even to recieve those calories- it is a totally free calorie sweetenr- i dont think there is too much equal but after a while a lot may cause cramps and headaches from experience- if you drink 5 gallons of diet coke and have 300 packets of equal i think it would be too much but who does that

look in the Articles Forum and the aspartame and diet coke thread

These artifical sweeteners are harmful to your body. Do a search on them and see how harmful they can ne.

Phlmuscle said:
These artifical sweeteners are harmful to your body. Do a search on them and see how harmful they can ne.

Nothing definite. You can find 100 websites saying they are dangerous and 100 sites saying they are not dangerous.

Certain artificial sweeteners, especially sugar alcohols like the ones contained in sugar-free chocolate products, in high amounts can cause diarrhea. I do not know this from personal experience... seriously.

db006 said:
i am a week out from one show, and 3 weeks out from another, and as i sat here and ate my oatmeal w/sugar free mrs butters worth, i was wondering if i can use too much? there is only 35 cals a serving, and 350 in the whole 12 serving bottle. i get about 12 uses. so is there anything wrong with artificial sweetners? :confused:

I would try Quaker Oats new Weight Control Instant Oatmeal untill you drop your soduim. The banana bread is the shit. checkout nutrition facts at
http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/WeightControl/AboutWeightControl/Banana.cfm

sparky1214 said:
I would try Quaker Oats new Weight Control Instant Oatmeal untill you drop your soduim. The banana bread is the shit. checkout nutrition facts at
http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/WeightControl/AboutWeightControl/Banana.cfm

I don't think that I would eat that 2 weeks out from a contest, maybe just for everyday, but that's just me. I'm wondering if it's processed?

I didn't eat any "extra" stuff one week out, everything was plain, dry and boring. I eat Splenda on my oats and Cream of Rice though.

only thing artificial I'm using at this point is crystal light....

Honestly the way Ive looked at it and I was told was this: Every time Im going to eat my meals is what Im going to put into my body going to help me or not. If its not going to help me then i don't need it. Some of those sweetners can make you hold a bit of fluid and sometimes the littlest things mess you up. Keep it simple.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws