over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Too much electrolytes?

Fit2Serve

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
recently made a big career change. i now own and operate a junk removal business and we also do poop pick up AND lawn maintenance
anyway, all of those jobs are out in the texas heat and i already sweat an abnormal amount. like its crazy.
sooooo, i drink water ALL day and realized looking at the sweat rings in my hat i should prob be getting electrolytes in too.
made a Sam's run and bought a huge case of sugar free powerade.
i really like drinking them lol. but started to think can you drink too many sports drinks like that and mess up your electrolyte balance?
how would one know if they were deficient in electrolytes?
i realize i could google this but thought could be interesting discussion too.

I prefer drinking a couple V8 juice a day when working with plenty water and a couple more after I get home.
Drinking tons of water all day while sweating will steady leach out all of the electrolytes. Most "Sports Drink" don't supply all the essential minerals and electrolytes that you are losing all day and eventually you will end up out of balance.

I prefer drinking a couple V8 juice a day when working with plenty water and a couple more after I get home.
Drinking tons of water all day while sweating will steady leach out all of the electrolytes. Most "Sports Drink" don't supply all the essential minerals and electrolytes that you are losing all day and eventually you will end up out of balance.
thats a pretty good idea about the v8
another thing that happens is when i am so hot and sweating i just want fluids, been difficult to eat enough.
its definitely a lifestyle change.
which is GOOD tho, i struggle w alcohol and NOTHING is worse than doing a junk job or lawncare hung over in the heat. so i dont drink like i did lol
i really like what i am doing now. went from white collar to blue collar work and tbh never been happier.

recently made a big career change. i now own and operate a junk removal business and we also do poop pick up AND lawn maintenance
anyway, all of those jobs are out in the texas heat and i already sweat an abnormal amount. like its crazy.
sooooo, i drink water ALL day and realized looking at the sweat rings in my hat i should prob be getting electrolytes in too.
i really like drinking them lol. but started to think can you drink too many sports drinks like that and mess up your electrolyte balance?
you should try out some pedialyte, its a better source for replenishing electrolytes. you can always find it in the baby formula section at the grocery store. you can also get a 2 pack deal at sams club

you should try out some pedialyte, its a better source for replenishing electrolytes. you can always find it in the baby formula section at the grocery store. you can also get a 2 pack deal at sams club
makes sense i see lawn crew guys at corner store getting pedialytes. its in the corner store here.

makes sense i see lawn crew guys at corner store getting pedialytes. its in the corner store here.
they've also been my best friend for a hangover. but pedialyte i would definitely not replace with water but if youre working in the sun and sweating all day i would do 1 maybe 2 a day.. but that just depends on how many hours youre busting ass and how bad youre sweating throughout the day

I have 1 ‘nuun’ tablet everyday regardless of my level of activity with no I’ll effects.

Liquid IV powder is amazing. Summertime working outside I’ll add one to a bottle of water a couple of times a day

Save a FORTUNE on pedialyte and similar drinks by using these:

1649611361801.png
1649611379246.png
1649611414836.png

1649611501637.png
1649611525022.png

Add to your water jugs or crystal light or whatever. These two cover most basis but you could also add a concentrated trace mineral product as well. When you look at the actual content of pedialyt or any sports drink the amount you get for the price is terrible IMO. Then again I am SUPER cheap.

Dr Prices Electrolytes
V8

Going to be an adjustment period for sure. I drink 4-6 dr. Price per day.

Re-Lyte with added potassium citrate powder is what I do (Re-Lyte has double the amount of sodium to potassium so I try to even it out).

Gatorade/Powerade have hardly any potassium so the only way to make that worthwhile is to add coconut water to it.

Morton's light salt is 50% salt 50% potassium.
You can also get potassium, magnesium and calcium from In bulk powder.

Save a FORTUNE on pedialyte and similar drinks by using these:

View attachment 155648
View attachment 155649
View attachment 155650

View attachment 155651
View attachment 155652

Add to your water jugs or crystal light or whatever. These two cover most basis but you could also add a concentrated trace mineral product as well. When you look at the actual content of pedialyt or any sports drink the amount you get for the price is terrible IMO. Then again I am SUPER cheap.
Exactly what I was going to post.
Also - glucose & sodium are transported via the same receptors in your intestines, sugar-free sports drinks are less effective at hydrating you.

I work outside in high heat:high humidity, South LA. I rotate 2 bottles of water, then one sports drink.

I feel ya one the sweating! I always bring 3-4 extra shirts in my work truck everyday. And when I soak through one, I’ll lay out the soaked one on the hood of the truck while changing to a fresh one. Hell it’s so hot the soaked through shirt is dry in 15 minutes.

Just a part of working outside in the south.

Cage

Congrats on your new business man 👍

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner