over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Too Strong For My Own Good?

the guy at least has the balls to admit his ego is a part of the problem which is more than a lot of you guys can say......fuckin pathetic responses

Is he your lover?

This honestly may be the greatest thread ever. Please don't destroy me by being a troll.

Here's a crazy idea, lower the weight and increase your reps

It doesn't take much intelligence to realize that if something is causing pain to stop or figure out a way so it doesn't hurt.

Come on man, did you think about this prior to posting?

:confused: Ummmm :rolleyes:

To be honest, my ego is heavily involved here. I'm the strongest guy on the leg press at my gym, so I didn't want to lower the weight. This may sound pathetic to some, and I understand that, but 'tis true.

Just out of curiosity. How many reps do you do with 800lbs?

This is hilarious. Does everyone know that my 10 year old son is the fifth fastest kid in his class?

You should enter a leg press contest and become rich and famous.

Congratulations!

Attachments

• 5th Place ribbon.jpg
    5th Place ribbon.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 325
So, I recently started training seriously the last 2 months. I'm now up to 800+ lbs on the leg press for my work sets.

Problem 1: My ligaments are hurting under the knee cap.

Problem 2: Strength is increasing pretty fast. I'm almost at 900+ lbs presses for reps.

Solution Needed: I was wondering how to properly warm up for multi-joint, relatively heavy weight movements, such as the leg press, so that I'm not setting myself up for injury, pain, etc. down the line.

Notes: I'm growing fast from the presses. I don't want to stop doing them. I'm not on any AAS or other super supps.

Thanks, guys!

-- Plump

All kinds of issues here. You've been seriously training for 2 months. Serious training involves squatting, deadlifting, bb rowing, pressing, etc.

800lbs on a leg press isnt much of anything. Unless it's a vertical leg press, youre not gonna accomplish much on that machine unless youve already butchered your quats from squatting and lunging and are performing a destruction set.

get under the squat rack, work your way up to 315 for 8+ solid, controlled reps, and then we'll see how your legs are responding.

800 lbs? Thats nothin, I see people loading 30 plates up and doing 1/8 to 1/4 reps. Now thats fucking impressive!:naughty:

800 lbs? Thats nothin, I see people loading 30 plates up and doing 1/8 to 1/4 reps. Now thats fucking impressive!:naughty:

I thought that was you admiring my leg press technique yesterday!! :D

To be honest, my ego is heavily involved here. I'm the strongest guy on the leg press at my gym, so I didn't want to lower the weight. This may sound pathetic to some, and I understand that, but 'tis true.

oooo god, ur one of those guys

try lowering the weight, focusing on form, and more reps, almost anyone can be the hero of the leg press, but smart trainers learn how to make the leg press with leight weight feel heavy

try lowering the weight and go for at least 20 full reps, then do some drop sets for a good pump even if you end up with 400lb on the stack. if that still hurts, then maybe the leg press just isn't good for YOUR knees and you may need to stop doing them and focus on better leg developers (squats are king). youv only been doing it for 2 months, and it is only a matter of time before the pain plagues your daily activities (not just during your leg workouts) if you keep putting this stress on them.

Last edited:
hows your 'ego' now OP?:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh-EmidMvNY]Jennica Kidd repping 700 on leg press. - YouTube[/ame]

(from mountaindog's youtube channel)

Last edited:
I get on the stationary bike and do pull push until my quads and hammys burn then do leg exercises and never have knee pain. try that.

have u tried warming up with high rep light weight leg extensions, before compound movements?

Hey OP do you have any good leg press programs I could do I'm trying to get my leg press numbers up

Sounds like your muscles aren't the only parts doing the work. I find if I go heavy on leg press my muscles do work but they take a backseat and my ligaments etc... are taking the majority of the strain.
What you need to do is lower the weight and feel the muscle do the work. Focus on the squeeze and if you need to do higher reps to get the desired pump then that's ok.
I know ego plays a role for you but your ego isn't going to give you longevity in this sport. It's all about listening to your body if you want to last and limit the degree of your injuries.

This sort of feminds me of that thread with that douche bag leg pressing every plate in the gym,oh yeah and two small dumbells.:p

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws