YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

took 2nd in my first ever classic physique show, the importance of having a coach

Designbuilt

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Some of you may have been following my other thread regarding my 3 months plus sobriety, it's about 4 now... Anyway, towards the end I decided to do a classic physique show and so I entered the Chicago pro/wings of strength, I wanted to enter the master's division, but there was none... Anyway, Tenny was helping me a little bit with a few questions that I had of him off and on as I did my prep... He is very knowledgeable and helpful, but if and when I do this again, I need someone to help me full time and to come up with a solid game plan... For this show, I had nobody, nobody from my family went, my son is out of town as is his mom, but this Friday... One of my friends from my old gym, made it to the prejudging and part of the evening show, but his wife became ill... Another friend of mine was doing the open bodybuilding as a superheavyweight... He also left because he had an 18 month old with him...

So about a month out, I was looking pretty good, thick and pretty good definition, but about 2-3 weeks out, I started slacking in the gym, only getting in there 2-3 times a week, if I was lucky... Just way too busy with work...

So the final week I kept cheating with chocolate, ice cream, red meat an etc... Anyway, my friend stopped by the night before to check me out and give me a pep-talk... I remember telling how water depletion is a bad idea and how I remember one girl eating a cheeserburger and fries, with no water and you could see it stuck in her gut during the evening show, she looked pregnant... So I told him the same thing that I get no pump, feel weak and just worn out when I drink water... He said that the same holds true for him, at his lsat show, he took off his shirt, noticed how soft and spilled over he looked and said, ah shit... He knew when he saw himself, that he'd be soft and smooth, yet smaller... So I didn't do anything crazy the night before just a couple of protein and carb shakes to start with, then pineapple and banana for my carbing phase, I also added a few lbas directly from the bottle...

So I go get my color put on and when I got out and I felt a lot tighter and I told my brother and want to go for sure... So when I came back to the hotel room; I noticed that I was right on the money and just a few monor if any alterations will enjoy the physique that much more... So here is a shot of how I looked the night before... Then I took one of each of us, just becore his liver tries to catch up to us...

So I was right on the money, abs tight as hell, waist measured at around 33" down from 34" the previous week! I'd say about a decent 36" now...

well done sir.....

have any pics...????

I remember telling how water depletion is a bad idea and how I remember one girl eating a cheeserburger and fries, with no water and you could see it stuck in her gut during the evening show, she looked pregnant... So I told him the same thing that I get no pump, feel weak and just worn out when I drink water... He said that the same holds true for him, at his lsat show, he took off his shirt, noticed how soft and spilled over he looked and said, ah shit... He knew when he saw himself, that he'd be soft and smooth, yet smaller... So I didn't do anything crazy the night before

You got me confused... did you actually cut water for that show or not? :confused: LOL! :p

In any cases, well done on the results!!! :headbang:

You got me confused... did you actually cut water for that show or not? :confused: LOL! :p

In any cases, well done on the results!!! :headbang:

Me confused too - lol .... But me not real smart so me glad to hear you got confused too (plus there is the whole being from mars thing that really fcks me up)

OP - GREAT job!!! I am going to be posting some pics soon - and then working with Tenny and the Truck to get my ass in shape to compete next year!

oh shoot, i forgot i posted this, ha, i thought i didn't...

OK, here are a few pics, I really shouldn't have cut the damn water!! But the first three are the night before, then the morning after my tan, then stage, then about 3am post competition... I held way too much water on stage! shouldn't have restricted my water, I was even bleeding from my lips because I ate nothing but pineapple... I was feeling ready and confident after my tan, but then I went again and shot myself in the dick by restricting water and felt crappy and bloated, still it was a fun show, I think I should take a year off to work on my flaws, not really gain weight, since I was right at the limit, but bring the waist back down, work on the quads and hams... I wasn't training enough, I really slacked the last three weeks, training maybe twice per week, just lots of bad luck, but I did make it on stage... this week, I took off and binged, but I'm going back at it Monday morning...

Attachments

• IMG_3322.jpg
    IMG_3322.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 237
  • 19511503_10203604137702075_663423763913846464_n.jpg
    19511503_10203604137702075_663423763913846464_n.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 205
  • 19732103_10203617504716242_7386366583346491760_n.jpg
    19732103_10203617504716242_7386366583346491760_n.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 188
  • sdfddf.jpg
    sdfddf.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 189
  • dfsdff.jpg
    dfsdff.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
a few more

top, three, the guy in the middle won the class...

Attachments

• DSC_9924.jpg
    DSC_9924.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC_9915.jpg
    DSC_9915.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_9916.jpg
    DSC_9916.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_9965.jpg
    DSC_9965.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_2163.jpg
    DSC_2163.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 112
WOW

I just read what I wrote, I sounded like a damn idiot... :mad::p

In my defense, I was pretty depleted a bit after that, I hadn't slept for a few days and even a day or two afterwards... something was definitely wrong, I kept talking to my girl when I got home and kept waiting for her to respond, but problem is that she was in a different country! The whole day was tough to recover from as was the next... It was definitely the lack of sleep, I've been binging on chocolate and red meat, had a pizza yesterday and some wings, had a few beers, not a lot just one at my favorite bar, I went there to eat and had one, then a couple at the house with a very close childhood friend I found at the grocery store, so we caught up on the 3rd, 4th of july eve... We were always very close friends and he has serious drinking problems now, I mean he really drinks a lot of vodka, pretty much from when he gets up until he sleeps...

We were neighbors when I was born and hung out most of our lives, he's been there when I was boxing, even went to a few of my fights, when my own family didn't... He's given me advice on girls and vice versa... He was there when I came back to visit from college and when I moved, I heard he was doing very well with is car dealing business and he was but his old partners stole from everyone and took off... Anyway, we caught up on years of what we've been up to...

It was cool, but i just couldn't stay up one more night and passed out, he told me that I snored like a fucking dinosaur, he said that I must've woken up the neighbors blocks away and was surprised that they didn't call the cops...
He tried to imitate the noise I made, but said he couldn't that it was like Jurassic Park... Haha, I can imagine...

I have a boston terrior that I keep behind a gate in the kitchen because she can be a pain, well when I woke up she was in the basement... My friend told me that I snored so loud that she jumped the gate and ran downstairs (now that is shocking because she's afraid of going down the stairs, but will do it on occasion)... I guess that was from not sleeping 3-4 days...

You looked good, well done.

wow....score sheets must have been close....

wow....score sheets must have been close....

Thanks Pesty, and Tenny, the judges score cards were close I'm sure, because I was kept at center and the others guys were moved around, I also thought that I looked the way I did before spilling over and a few people watching told me that I looked best in that class and had it won.

I would say that I have the guy who won on most body parts and if you saw us on the street, I look way more like a bodybuilder than he does...

HOWEVER, If I have to be completely honest, looking at this objectively, it comes down to him having fewer flaws; it's as simple as that... In bodybuilding I may have edged him out, but what I think, is that in Classic physique, especially; it's about having the most symmetrical, proportioned and aesthetically pleasing physique, no real overpowering body parts... That means no oversized, quads, lats, biceps, etc... So I can see how he was given the nod over me...

The way I was looking at it, was coming in as big and hard as possible, but trying to sneak in that weight class for my height and from what I understand, that's not exactly what they had intended; what they want is something more along the lines of a Frank Zane who's body fits perfectly without having to be huge... The guy who won the open overall looked great, when I saw him backstage, I didn't really think too much of him, but after seeing his pics, he was pretty impressive...

Another future pro and likely has a future in bodybuilding is the kid who won Men's physique overall... My friend who went to the show, knows the guy who trains him...

This kid looked damn good, perfect symmetry and a good looking kid too... I tried to post a link to his pics, but I can't seem to find the site anymore... In either event, it was a fun show, I usually regret doing them because I feel like crap during the evening show, but this one was cool, because it was right in the hotel, so I just laid down until it got close to my turn then, I made my way back to the auditorium...

Designbuilt....just gotta say....the transformation you have made from the pic you posted in another thread where you were out of shape compared to what you look like up on stage is nothing short of amazing. It shows what a person can do when they really put their mind to something and give it everything they have got. Much respect to you my friend.....

Outstanding work man

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420