over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Top 5: Misleading labels on food products

BigChef

Kilo Klub/Moderator
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
**broken link removed**

Interesting article :)

I was reading this article from Australia Newspaper online.

I copy and paste some of it.

Michael Pollan is desperate to end our addiction to processed food. Jon Henley hears why

Michael Pollan, tall, fit, not quite skinny but very definitely lean, is holding a fruit yoghurt in one hand and a Coca-Cola in the other.

"So," he says, "which do you think, per 100 grams, contains more sugar?"

The Coke, I reply. Duh.

"Wrong," he says. "The yoghurt. And look, it's low-fat. Isn't that great? We're getting fat on low-fat food."

More info about low fat from this site.

Big Food and you: rules for a healthy life

Last edited:
thanks chef!!!!

:)

I agree with her views on sugar, but then she lumps saturated fat together with trans fat and called it an unhealthy fat:confused::mad::(

So low fat items are not always low fat. Some people just dont read the labels properly, as it is very misleading.

I often find that what the label states the totals for macro nutrients is, can be much different if you do the math yourself. I don't know how they can get away with this.

I often find that what the label states the totals for macro nutrients is, can be much different if you do the math yourself. I don't know how they can get away with this.

I agree. Most of the time, people look at the front label which contains healthy sounding keywords such as: multi grain, low fat, 7 grain and all natural. The better it sounds, the healthier people think it is. Unfortunately, manufacturers can get away with a lot on the front of the colorful and attractive label. The nutrition label found on the back is where all the important information is found. This is the only information you should use when trying to determine if a product is healthy or just a clever marketing ploy.

I agree. Most of the time, people look at the front label which contains healthy sounding keywords such as: multi grain, low fat, 7 grain and all natural. The better it sounds, the healthier people think it is. Unfortunately, manufacturers can get away with a lot on the front of the colorful and attractive label. The nutrition label found on the back is where all the important information is found. This is the only information you should use when trying to determine if a product is healthy or just a clever marketing ploy.

I just took a look at the ingredients on a loaf of "healthy whole grain" bread in the freezer and the third ingredient after the whole wheat flour and water was high fructose scorn syrup! The bread is now in the garbage bin! btw Chef, I too am a chef and recently returned from holiday in Sydney with my wife to visit her family. Great country-cant wait to return. Loooong plane ride though!

I just took a look at the ingredients on a loaf of "healthy whole grain" bread in the freezer and the third ingredient after the whole wheat flour and water was high fructose scorn syrup! The bread is now in the garbage bin! btw Chef, I too am a chef and recently returned from holiday in Sydney with my wife to visit her family. Great country-cant wait to return. Loooong plane ride though!

Cool, where did you go in Sydney? I lived there. How long did you stayed here for?

Cool, where did you go in Sydney? I lived there. How long did you stayed here for?

We stayed in Drumoyne-a little over two weeks. Wish we could have stayed longer. We had a great time-couldnt get over the high cost of everything though!

We stayed in Drumoyne-a little over two weeks. Wish we could have stayed longer. We had a great time-couldnt get over the high cost of everything though!

Ah ok, I am not far from Drummoyne. Yep, expensive city but good money to work here.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws