over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Top of syringe volume seems inaccurate

ROCKEDUP

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I noticed that when I draw back to .5 ml on my 3ml syringe, if I take the pin out of the oil and then continue to pull back so that the top of the oil goes to .5 ml, the bottom of the oil (plunger side) is .1 to .2 ml past 1ml. So instead of drawing .5 ml like i had thought, it now looks like .6 or .7 ml. I only started noticing this now that I've been removing the pin to heat the oil once its in the syringe. what am i missing? I tried with both my nipro and bd syringes and same result.

I noticed that when I draw back to .5 ml on my 3ml syringe, if I take the pin out of the oil and then continue to pull back so that the top of the oil goes to .5 ml, the bottom of the oil (plunger side) is .1 to .2 ml past 1ml. So instead of drawing .5 ml like i had thought, it now looks like .6 or .7 ml. I only started noticing this now that I've been removing the pin to heat the oil once its in the syringe. what am i missing? I tried with both my nipro and bd syringes and same result.

You know what I do? If I want 1cc, I pull back to 1cc. I then fill the tip with air, turn the pin so its needle facing toward ground, then thump it so the air bubbles go to the plunger. Why? because that little bit that gets wasted inside the needle adds up. If you pin ten times, you've wasted at least a cc of gear! Maybe it's the Native American in me (wasting nothing)

I've been doing this for years

I think at the top they correct for the small amount of the injection that never leaves the syringe during an injection, that volume is left inside the neck where the needle screws on and also a very very minute amount inside the actual needle itself. So that explains why youre seeing an extra 1/10 to 2/10.

I recall reading once the standard 3ml syringe has .13ml of dead space on the needle head. If I find a link I'll share it

You know what I do? If I want 1cc, I pull back to 1cc. I then fill the tip with air, turn the pin so its needle facing toward ground, then thump it so the air bubbles go to the plunger. Why? because that little bit that gets wasted inside the needle adds up. If you pin ten times, you've wasted at least a cc of gear! Maybe it's the Native American in me (wasting nothing)

Wish I read this years ago. I didn't start doing this until I ran tren for the first time, and I felt I was wasting it, lol..

I think at the top they correct for the small amount of the injection that never leaves the syringe during an injection, that volume is left inside the neck where the needle screws on and also a very very minute amount inside the actual needle itself. So that explains why youre seeing an extra 1/10 to 2/10.

I recall reading once the standard 3ml syringe has .13ml of dead space on the needle head. If I find a link I'll share it

This makes sense. Thanks very much for the replies.

Bro its not that big of an issue lol.

LOL no, my concern for a moment was that I had been unknowingly doing an extra 10 to 20mg ED. :eek:

Wish I read this years ago. I didn't start doing this until I ran tren for the first time, and I felt I was wasting it, lol..

Can one of you elaborate? I'm confused about how this allows you not to waste an gear.

The air left in the syringe clears all the oil I'm the needle and hub that would normally be left there.

Ahh ok. So just stop before you start injecting yourself with air? Am I understanding this correctly?

Yeah basically, you can see the air bubble growing in the needle and the oil leaving. Or just wait for the air sound as you inject yourself with air, lol.. ;)

Ha! Thanks bro. I'm sorry for the newb questions I don't know how this hasn't come up for me before.

Last edited:
This is what is referenced as dead space

images

So the red stuff would be your oil. If you intentionally leave an air bubble you can essential get most of the dead space oil to flush thru. Everyone who is ignorant panics when they hear of injecting air. The myth persists you will die from air in a vein. I backload slin pins and do always have a small bubble in there. Now granted I squeeze most of it out prior to pinning and slin pins do have closer to a true zero dead space per their design. But years ago when I used 23G 1.5" needles I'd leave this aforementioned mini bubble to get most of my gear and not waste. Did I ever die from an air bubble? :rolleyes: No

images

So the red stuff would be your oil. If you intentionally leave an air bubble you can essential get most of the dead space oil to flush thru. Everyone who is ignorant panics when they hear of injecting air. The myth persists you will die from air in a vein. I backload slin pins and do always have a small bubble in there. Now granted I squeeze most of it out prior to pinning and slin pins do have closer to a true zero dead space per their design. But years ago when I used 23G 1.5" needles I'd leave this aforementioned mini bubble to get most of my gear and not waste. Did I ever die from an air bubble? :rolleyes: No

Thanks bro I'm gonna give that a shot

images

Saps - bro when you have a second can you explain how you load slin pins directly? I'm not understanding how you are making it work on autopilot.

Saps - bro when you have a second can you explain how you load slin pins directly? I'm not understanding how you are making it work on autopilot.

Sure. I use the traditional 3ml 23G and draw 3ml of whatever. I then take the plunger completely out of my slin pin and fill it to desired levels. But the plunger back in and booya. I'll generally pre load about 2 weeks worth of pins just for the sake of convenience.

Sure. I use the traditional 3ml 23G and draw 3ml of whatever. I then take the plunger completely out of my slin pin and fill it to desired levels. But the plunger back in and booya. I'll generally pre load about 2 weeks worth of pins just for the sake of convenience.

I'm sorry bro I thought you were one of the guys that loaded the slin pin directly from the vial. They setup a "station" with tape or something, I just don't quite get how it's done.

Anyway, I tried your method last night, how do you keep the bubble in the plunger side? The air in mine will rise to the top which ever way the syringe is facing.

I'm sorry bro I thought you were one of the guys that loaded the slin pin directly from the vial. They setup a "station" with tape or something, I just don't quite get how it's done.

Anyway, I tried your method last night, how do you keep the bubble in the plunger side? The air in mine will rise to the top which ever way the syringe is facing.

Yes exactly. The bubble can be where it wants to be for storage. When its time to pin just have the needle down and the bubble rises to the top aka the end and it will be the last thing out helping you push out all the oil

Yes exactly. The bubble can be where it wants to be for storage. When its time to pin just have the needle down and the bubble rises to the top aka the end and it will be the last thing out helping you push out all the oil

So you need to be essentially laying down to do delts/glutes then?

So you need to be essentially laying down to do delts/glutes then?

No I do delts or any upper body muscle seated. The end merely needs to be one inch higher than the needle point for the air bubble to rise to the top/back end; its like a construction level

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws