over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Top supplements for digestion

The only issue with digestion I have had is with whey mixed with skim milk. I throw a cup of yogurt in there while decreasing the milk by 100 ml and havnt had any issues since. I don’t know if it’s the bacteria, fruit/sugar, thicker consistency or what but it completely got rid of the issues I was having.

Kraut, Kefir, Kimchee. A good pro/prebiotic like Jarrow Saccharomyces Boulardii plus MOS. Glutamine on an empty stomach first thing in the am. Stop eating shit calories?!

The only issue with digestion I have had is with whey mixed with skim milk. I throw a cup of yogurt in there while decreasing the milk by 100 ml and havnt had any issues since. I don’t know if it’s the bacteria, fruit/sugar, thicker consistency or what but it completely got rid of the issues I was having.
Is the skim milk lactose-free? Even a tiny amount of lactose completely destroys my intestine.

All very dependent on the situation

Trying to clear out the gut to restore a better microbiome, oregano oil works wonders. I’ve heard LL37 can work this way too. Probably both going to be much easier on the stomach than a prescription antibiotic…

For repopulating, obviously quality probiotic foods are best. A really high end probiotic formula like Garden of Life Primal Defense is solid too.

Digestive enzymes are great, but they may make the body become reliant on them if I recall correctly. Someone please correct me if wrong.

10-20g of l glutamine as mentioned (fasted) is amazing, really helps gut lining. Zinc L Carnosine aids in this as well.

Stomach acidity being out of whack is a whole other topic that can be delved into. Things like ACV can be utilized here.

BPC is incredible for gut health, practically cured my IBS I used to have by taking 250-500mcg for a couple months a year or two back. Since then, my digestion has been top notch.

Overall though, managing stress and choosing foods you know digest well will ALWAYS be the king for digestion. Along with enough water, fiber, and properly timed meals.
I took LL37 a couple years ago. I never really had gut problems that I could tell but took it for insurance. Heard very powerful things about both that and BPC157 (which you also mentioned) for gut health

Is the skim milk lactose-free? Even a tiny amount of lactose completely destroys my intestine.
Yeah I switched a while ago to lactose free milk. I use i use to drink Lactaid but in the last couple of years I switched to FairLife which tastes great and has awesome macros. 8oz has 13g of Protein, 6g Carbs and 0 Fat. It’s a bit pricier but I feel it’s worth it for the digestion and not feeling bloated / gassy.

Yeah I switched a while ago to lactose free milk. I use i use to drink Lactaid but in the last couple of years I switched to FairLife which tastes great and has awesome macros. 8oz has 13g of Protein, 6g Carbs and 0 Fat. It’s a bit pricier but I feel it’s worth it for the digestion and not feeling bloated / gassy.
So the issue is A1 beta-casein intolerance, possibly?

There is a difference between digestion and slow motility and a lot of other GI symptoms. The advice on this thread is generic but without knowing your exact issues and symptoms I wouldnt just go out and buy supps that help with "digestion." Unless you have some genetic condition digestion is a pretty self driven process.

To me it sounds like you have motility issues, probably from a high protein diet. Probiotics or digestion supps for this may not make a lot of difference.

yes and their 30g protein shakes are super convenient and tasty and sit great in my GERD plagued gi system

There is a difference between digestion and slow motility and a lot of other GI symptoms. The advice on this thread is generic but without knowing your exact issues and symptoms I wouldnt just go out and buy supps that help with "digestion." Unless you have some genetic condition digestion is a pretty self driven process.

To me it sounds like you have motility issues, probably from a high protein diet. Probiotics or digestion supps for this may not make a lot of difference.
I agree. We need more info to assess

So the issue is A1 beta-casein intolerance, possibly?

It’s tough to say as I don’t have any issue with the same amount of milk when I have cereal. It could be the whey but like I said adding the yogurt completes resolves the problem. It’s not a probiotic yogurt either, I use the fat free Chobani they sell in the 24 packs. I feel like it slows down digestion and that helps but I’m not basing that off anything scientific. I know others will add oats to their shakes to help slow down digestion and that also works but I just don’t like the texture of the oats in a drink.

yes and their 30g protein shakes are super convenient and tasty and sit great in my GERD plagued gi system
I haven't seen those yet. Are they in the refrigerated section or the protein area?

Even if your having loose bowel movements often, first thought would be maybe not.
This actually firms bowel movements up. Anytime I get diarrhea, I use Metamucil.

If a probiotic, green powder and glutamine aren’t doing the trick then I would take a serious look at your diet…. Lol not to start a back and forth but I saw for example Metamucil recommended above - IMO if you resorting to that to poop you got some problems going on unless you my grandfather’s age.
Papaya used to be a big thing dunno if it’s still a thing

If a probiotic, green powder and glutamine aren’t doing the trick then I would take a serious look at your diet…. Lol not to start a back and forth but I saw for example Metamucil recommended above - IMO if you resorting to that to poop you got some problems going on unless you my grandfather’s age.
While you’re spot on with this, I WILL admit that I occasionally use high dose Metamucil to just totally flush out the pipes. I take 3-4 heaping tablespoons at night, the next day I shit out a python, and boom - feel light as a bird 😂

While you’re spot on with this, I WILL admit that I occasionally use high dose Metamucil to just totally flush out the pipes. I take 3-4 heaping tablespoons at night, the next day I shit out a python, and boom - feel light as a bird 😂
Oh for sure as an “occasional” pipe cleaner I understand. But if you relying on it daily I would say is no bueno.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear