over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Top supplements for digestion

It’s tough to say as I don’t have any issue with the same amount of milk when I have cereal. It could be the whey but like I said adding the yogurt completes resolves the problem. It’s not a probiotic yogurt either, I use the fat free Chobani they sell in the 24 packs. I feel like it slows down digestion and that helps but I’m not basing that off anything scientific. I know others will add oats to their shakes to help slow down digestion and that also works but I just don’t like the texture of the oats in a drink.
Have you ever blended oats into a powder and added them into a shake? I know you mentioned oats above (not liking the texture), but i'm not sure if you meant whole or powderized?

I took LL37 a couple years ago. I never really had gut problems that I could tell but took it for insurance. Heard very powerful things about both that and BPC157 (which you also mentioned) for gut health
BPC is a godsend for many things imo.

If a probiotic, green powder and glutamine aren’t doing the trick then I would take a serious look at your diet…. Lol not to start a back and forth but I saw for example Metamucil recommended above - IMO if you resorting to that to poop you got some problems going on unless you my grandfather’s age.
@slesh

Im experiencing cramping and backed up symptoms now and have been eating extremely clean... I quit taking a probiotic a few Months ago but am taking Glutamine twice daily after cardio sessions in AM then weight training in the afternoon. I'm going to take your advise Slesh on the probiotics and see if I can rid these issues... Thanks for the good idea's in this thread.

Casey.

@slesh

Im experiencing cramping and backed up symptoms now and have been eating extremely clean... I quit taking a probiotic a few Months ago but am taking Glutamine twice daily after cardio sessions in AM then weight training in the afternoon. I'm going to take your advise Slesh on the probiotics and see if I can rid these issues... Thanks for the good idea's in this thread.

Casey.
Why did you originally stop the probiotic?

Oh for sure as an “occasional” pipe cleaner I understand. But if you relying on it daily I would say is no bueno.
Only problem with this is I get crazy dehydrated unless I follow it up with like an additional gallon of water 😂

Only problem with this is I get crazy dehydrated unless I follow it up with like an additional gallon of water 😂
Absolutely - that’s why I don’t think this is a daily long term solution. It’s like relying on caffein to shit. A coffee shit is not the same as a fiber shit. Most people don’t understand this…

Absolutely - that’s why I don’t think this is a daily long term solution. It’s like relying on caffein to shit. A coffee shit is not the same as a fiber shit. Most people don’t understand this…
Yea. Fiber helps your digestive track to move things along in a normal manner. Taking something like coffee or a number of other things can just make your body dump more water into digestive track to lower the concentration down, causing things to flush out.

Why did you originally stop the probiotic?
@slesh

I stopped taking the Probiotic thinking my system was functioning well, I had cleaned up my nutrition and thought I'ld be fine without them. My system has reverted back to the same maybe worse, even eating pretty dam clean? So, back on I go and wont stop them again. Its a bitch to get that cramping, gas and backed up feeling. Anyway bro, good advise on the Probiotic.

Casey.

@slesh

I stopped taking the Probiotic thinking my system was functioning well, I had cleaned up my nutrition and thought I'ld be fine without them. My system has reverted back to the same maybe worse, even eating pretty dam clean? So, back on I go and wont stop them again. Its a bitch to get that cramping, gas and backed up feeling. Anyway bro, good advise on the Probiotic.

Casey.
Yeah a probiotic should be used year round - it isn't meant to be a "temporary" fix for digestion issues. Good luck with everything - update us in a few weeks.

Digestive enzymes are great, but they may make the body become reliant on them if I recall correctly. Someone please correct me if wrong.
Anyone got any clarification on this? Generally I only take digestive enzymes if I have a stupid high protein meal, like 100g+
But if you relying on it daily I would say is no bueno.
Hmm is it a bad idea to use psyllium husk daily?

Besides glutamine, possibly digestive enzymes, probiotics (supplement or otherwise), and adequate fiber (may or may not involve supplementing), is there anything to heal/maintain a healthy gut?

Anyone got any clarification on this? Generally I only take digestive enzymes if I have a stupid high protein meal, like 100g+

Besides glutamine, possibly digestive enzymes, probiotics (supplement or otherwise), and adequate fiber (may or may not involve supplementing), is there anything to heal/maintain a healthy gut?
I use zinc L Carnosine

I have never had better digestion than when I started adding sauerkraut and psylllium husk to a few meals every day. I completely dropped all probiotic supps as well.

Have you ever blended oats into a powder and added them into a shake? I know you mentioned oats above (not liking the texture), but i'm not sure if you meant whole or powderized?
Honestly no, I just moved on from it and have been happy with the yogurt.

Straight up psyllium husk powder. I add a scoop into a shake and it does the trick.

If you’re trying to gain it’s not really a question. If you need them take them
I always do
Personal opinion,no. But time your intake away from vites and supps. Bottle says 2 hrs before and after but idk if it’s that serious.
I use zinc L Carnosine
Isn’t this just to heal stomach lining/reduce acid

Supplementing probiotics or fiber is what i do only if my diet is inadequate. As a healthy diet already supports all those things. I naturally take in a fair amount of prebiotics so the body makes the probiotics that it needs in the proportions that it needs.

I take digestive enzymes when i eat more then i think my body can digest on it's own. During my growth years when i was pushing food i took them. And now that i am a older and the body does what it normally does with age it produces less of most everything. If a person can't tell the difference when taking them then they probably don't need them in my experience.

Don’t drink alcohol at all

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner