YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Topic for Skip- Pre contest dieting (high fats. low carbs)

AWN2004

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
As I read a post earlier, I saw that Skip mentioned how he would like to see more topics on dieting and training. So.....with that being said I thought Id bring up something I did for my contest diet and it worked wonders. After a bit of trial and error I found that my body seems to respond way better to high fats and lower carbs. My highest day through out my diet was 150 grams of carbs...thats it. I was on 75 for a long ass time but I was eating salmon, using Udos oil, and eating ground sirloin. It was amazing to see that my high day was close to 4000 calories and the fat seemed to melt off. I have been reading and doing a bunch of research on this as of late because I really enjoyed the seeing the results and to be honest I didnt feel that bad on the lower carbs. I feel like the higher fats stimulated my metabolism to the point where my body was able to process and utilize fat and protein way more effectively than ever before.
So...my plan this off season is to try and keep my carbs lower than normal and utilize higher good fats to stay leaner. I know guys like Dave Palumbo are fans of this type of diet and he stays very lean. For those that say Dave stays lean cause he is on a boat load of gear, just look at his recent pics and that will tell the tale. Genetics play a big role, but for guys like me with maybe a little slower than normal metabolisms, I think this is a good plan. My only concern is that I wont be able to grow without the carbs like I used to have....I think this is a mental battle more than anything though. Anyone else do this for their off season? Good results bad results? What types of foods? Ratios of fats to proteins to carbs? Im very interested in this and anyone that has input chime in...Id really like to hear what you guys think.

anabolic diet

i have used this diet before. but i made some mistakes which made it not so good for me. my cal were way too low and protien wasnt high enuff. the very first time i did it i was 19 yrs old and want training for a show , i just got the anabolic diet book and tried it. i started at 173. and when i was done i was 173 but ripped . so i was loosing fat and gaining muscle at the same time. but, i was carbing up on the weekends to get the insulin spike. yes palumbo doews use this and i have a friend who really knows what hes doin with it. he eats NO carbs the day of the show! none! not one! and still comes in full and huge. at 223 lb and ripped to pieces thats pretty good no? i think the key is keep the cal high to keep muscles full and do a lota cardio till your lean. once your lean you dont need the cardio. if you go to palumbos web site he has a new pic of him, hes like 210 but ripped as all hell. he looks great. just a smaller version of himself. but RIPPED to pieces. theres no doubt the diet works but you gotta do it right or youll look like crap. small and flat w out those carbs . if you wanna talk yto my friend (who is one of palumbos close buddies, which is where he gets his advice from,) pm me and ill hook you guys up. he really has the science to this diet down pat.

good post could you gave a brief outline of the dite and what i may look like

many thanks
simon

ive been doing this type of diet for a while now and i have never been leaner. its pretty simple. try eating as much protein as possible, 400-500gr, and have 75gr carbs postworkout by way of oatmeal. and then 1 day a week, preferbly on a training day, lower the pro and carb up with around 400 gr of clean carbs. it also would be ok to have a cheat meal on this day. :D
good luck bro!

thanks bro how much cardio would you do to get ripped as fast as you can im about 13% - 14 % and want to get down to about 8%- 9% in around 8 weeks

i was thinking mayb 2hrs a day

many thanks
simon

yea bro, a low carb diet with carbs only comin during and after my evening workouts along with one carb up day per week is the only way for me, just works too well, and going to other versions just doesn't suit me

This is all because most people are carb sensitive and their bodies store fat so long as sufficient carbs are consumed. This applies to me as well. But in my case I think I need near zero carbs for it work well, and I'm just not diligent enough to pull that off for an extended period. Every time I go 50g of carbs a day or there abouts, I get leaner (assuming protein and fats are high enough), but not ripped.

Atkins was right more or less (and I think he stole some his shit from BB's),

DrG

anabolic diet

**broken link removed**

Does this really work?

30 grams of carbs monday-friday on training days?that seems unbearable.

why do people on the atkins diet always look so lousy?

Bump

Also interested in what you guys think of dieets like dave palumbo follows.

Conan21 said:
**broken link removed**

Does this really work?

30 grams of carbs monday-friday on training days?that seems unbearable.

why do people on the atkins diet always look so lousy?

why does the rest of the world on any diet or not look so lousy?

how much cardio are you doing and how many days a week do you train?

db006 said:
ive been doing this type of diet for a while now and i have never been leaner. its pretty simple. try eating as much protein as possible, 400-500gr, and have 75gr carbs postworkout by way of oatmeal. and then 1 day a week, preferbly on a training day, lower the pro and carb up with around 400 gr of clean carbs. it also would be ok to have a cheat meal on this day. :D
good luck bro!

I really think it depedns on a lot of things but to me a high protein moderate efa and moderate carb diet works best for gains FOR me.
I'll lower the carbs a bit when cutting keep protein high and add a bit more oil.
I got fat avout 10 years ago doing a high complex carb lo fat moderate protein diets of the 1990's.
I took Phils advice a few months ago and dropped my protein and ate more fruit and nuts etc. and did very well metabolically wise as well as maintaining my muscle when not trainining just doing cardio 3 x a week.

Right now I am staying lean with ZERO activity with a 300 gram a day 6 meal diet lo carb and low fat high veggie mix because I am immobilized.

Interesting how things come around...

Many of the issues with Pasquali's Anabolic Diet and Duchaine's BodyOpus are worked out in Lyle McDonald's book, the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet.

I'd really suggest getting ahold of that - excellent book.

-Randy

Goes to show how each person has to find what works for them.

I do better on higher carb/lower fat diets. My body absolutely needs carbs. My last prep I never went below 300-350g carbs until the last couple weeks. And on my carb up days, did as much carbs as I could.

2 days on less than 100g carbs and I'm flat as a pancake, and weak....I don't care how much fat I eat.

BW

It's reassureing to read that I'm not the only one that needs to bring carbs very low to get lean. I think I read that Jethro brings his carbs pretty low.

Lyle's The Ketogenic Diet is a great book. it explains the CKD (Cyclical Ketogenic Diet) as well as the TKD (Targeted Ketogenic Diet) in detail. I've used the CKD before to drop a good amount of weight when i finished playing football. In my personal opinion, i wish i would have done more of a regular carb cycling approach like Shelby has. I seem to lose quite a bit of mass when i really limit my carbs for a long time. I probably could have kept a decent amount of muscle mass from that long cut

Its funny how a spam bot tripped a very good topic. LOL

I have been doing keto diets for contest prep for many years now...

currently doing a keto diet now (just in case i wanna jump on stage in a few weeks ;) ) I am one of those guys that does not flatten out much on zero carbs. I put on fat easy but when taking it off i maintain muscle well.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member