over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

tore a pec

just suffered a bicep muscle belly tear I was praying it was the tendon but no surgical fix available , just have fucked up bicep now.

good luck BUck.
During my time with the Q&A with my Dr. he said i had some muscle tear, minor that went along with the tendon rupture , he said that is not fixable it seems you cant sew muscle effectively and if ya do you can actually do damage by reducing blood flow if you try and stitch to much.

Im GTG somewhat. Dr. said No weights for another month
I been taking it slo
Did flat bench to day for the 1st time just the bar could come about half way to touch dont want to stretch to much but it felt good
Dr. said 6 months for a decent recovery I told him I want full recovery and I will be there in 3-4.
At this time I have no deformation i can see so very happy bout that .

Best Of luck to ya
Lex

Im going to sound like a dick here and I'm really not trying to, I'm actually just saying….

Wow another torn pec from heavy flat benching:banghead::bang head:

When are guys going to realize there have been more torn pec posts from flat benching than any other exercise.

SOrry not trying to sound like an asshole but i probably do.

All Good brotha
but how do you not flat bench ???

All Good brotha

Flat DB presses is what I do. I also tore my pec barbell benching. Most cases I hear about (mine included) are a result from heAvy benching with flared out arms.

All Good brotha

I havent done any form of barbell bench press in like 15 years... it certainly hasn't had any negative impact on my chest development. In fact I can't remember the last I'm I saw anyone with impressive chest development do a bench press... it's just a bad exercise.... poor as far asa development exercise and incredibly high risk of injury

never touch flat again
(talking to everyone...heh)

Flat DB presses is what I do. I also tore my pec barbell benching. Most cases I hear about (mine included) are a result from heAvy benching with flared out arms.

I havent done any form of barbell bench press in like 15 years... it certainly hasn't had any negative impact on my chest development. In fact I can't remember the last I'm I saw anyone with impressive chest development do a bench press... it's just a bad exercise.... poor as far asa development exercise and incredibly high risk of injury

never touch flat again
(talking to everyone...heh)

I got it
Its just hard to break habits and its a very common proven exercise
Plus Ya do look like a badass pushin up 8 plates

Last edited:
That's somewhat of good news. If seen a lot of severed and tore tendons latley. Had a great one yesterday we reattached and splinted it and should follow up with specialty consult.

That's somewhat of good news. If seen a lot of severed and tore tendons latley. Had a great one yesterday we reattached and splinted it and should follow up with specialty consult.

Not sure how much truth there is to it but i heard gear weakens tendons or maybe the muscle is so much stronger that the tendons take longer to strenthen and dont keep up with strenth gains

I tore my right pectoral about a decade ago. It was a partial tear but still pretty significant it got much worse than those pics. I did not get it fixed(no insurance at time). I can still feel the gap in the muscle and see it when flexed.

I have also had two shoulder surgeries and a tricep reattached in the last decade.

Coming back takes time. But I am 37 years old and just set a new PB on flat bench press despite having a pec tear that I did not have at 25 when I was juiced to the gills.

You can absolutely come back and surpass. I just started training lower rep flat bench press again a few months ago. I am actually going to enter my first bench press contest ever next month. I am 210 and pressed 385 Raw last week. I haven't tried anything heavier. I am going to try 405 for the contest.

Yeah I know thats not super impressive powerlifting weight but it is more than I did before the tear

Last edited:
I tore my right pectoral about a decade ago. It was a partial tear but still pretty significant it got much worse than those pics. I did not get it fixed(no insurance at time). I can still feel the gap in the muscle and see it when flexed.

I have also had two shoulder surgeries and a tricep reattached in the last decade.

Coming back takes time. But I am 37 years old and just set a new PB on flat bench press despite having a pec tear that I did not have at 25 when I was juiced to the gills.

You can absolutely come back and surpass. I just started training lower rep flat bench press again a few months ago. I am actually going to enter my first bench press contest ever next month. I am 210 and pressed 385 Raw last week. I haven't tried anything heavier. I am going to try 405 for the contest.

Yeah I know thats not super impressive powerlifting weight but it is more than I did before the tear

All good brotha
best luck to ya

I am about 5 months post.
Strength missing but workin on that
During my recovery I took my daily HGh in that pec
Today when I look at both pecs that 1 is bigger not sure if its b/c of the muscle healing(had some muscle tare also) or if the HGH did that.
I do remember reading hgh and or short ester gear will have some site enhancement :rolleyes:. Very skeptica
Any experiences?

I just started taking bpc 157 In the pec muscle and tendon and tb 500 SQ.
And doing all HGH in the opposite pec.

tore mine a few years ago and it healed itself. not to say this was your scenario but mine tore on account of 1: not stretching properly 2: no warm ups 3: poor technique.
i basically deserved it. now im left with a dip and a fear of benching past 315

I tore my pec and my rotator cuff a couple weeks ago and I go in for surgery on the 15th. Pretty depressing. Just trying to keep a good attitude and gonna do what I can to recover and get back at it. I think I'm pretty much done with flat bench.

Sorry to hear about this bro.

Friend of mine tore his chest and the surgeon did a half assed job of reattaching it. He connected the posterior part of the chest that tore, but the anterior part is still disconnected.

My advice to you is to get a follow up MRI. One with your pec relaxed, and one with your pec contracted.

The whole idea of not being able to fix things unless you get to them quickly isnt always true. I know a guy that got his torn chest reattached 5 years after he experienced a full tendon rupture. True - He was in a sling for about 3 months and it took him 6 months to regain mobility, but hes back in business!

I wish you the best of luck man! Stay away from flat bench! Every orthopedic surgeon I know says that flat benches are horrible for you.

G

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner