over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

tore pec???

engbulldog

Registered
Could you vets shed some light on this tonight about 20min ago , after 2 warmup sets on incline and 4 working sets i moved to flat bench unracked the weight and with strict form started to on my fifth rep w/ 245 had a slight pain in upper pec between delt and nipple so i reracked and did a few streaches and dropped the weight to 225 and felt the pain as i unracked the weight and did 2 clean reps but didnt finish the set cuz i dont need this right now so i moved on to delts , no problems with delts , and did shrugs w/ no problem, did i just strain the muscle???? no brusing thus far and no major pain??? just feels like a good streachin an area about 2 inch long near collar bone any advice?????:confused:

I'm not a vet, but I don't think you tore it. I've torn up a couple of things and every time I've heard a loud "pop" that feels like it's coming from your soul.

thanks my wife thinks I just strained it hope you are right didnt hear shit thanks to my Ipod and system of a down!!!! how long should i let it be before i hit chest again????? a week or two????

oh and the shitty thing is the set of 245x5 felt so light and pow a kick to the nuts just my luck!!!!!!

Well bro... unfortunately i KNOW all about this.
I tore mine back in 1999. I really think you just strained it...
Mine would have been a strain if i had warmed up properly.. or stopped when my instinct told me to.
I can tell you two things that can assure you it tore... one, you will hear it tear. Its hard to explain... but you can hear it inside your body. Two, it will eventually (if bad enough immediately like mine did) turn black and blue from the bleeding under the skin. Mine turned black all the way from my elbow thru my armpit down to my waste within an hour.
It also swoll up right away. So, i would say i think you are safe as far as a tear, but just take it easy for the next few weeks and stretch it alot.

whenever i hear pec tear i think of flat bench press

It's a strain. I've strained my left pec twice in my many years of training. It will be very sore and hurt for the next couple weeks or so. Ice it down, stretch it, take some advil and rest it.

sounds like you gave it a good pull. if it was torn you would have felt a very distinct ripping sensation just like when you rip your jeans followed by you screaming like a girl. take a few days off to heal it proper so you don't tear it and keep your eye open for any bruising that might occure around your deltoid area

thanks for the help, and yeah 245lb on flat bench is light but if you think about it I only weight 186lbs,5'6 and I dont workout in a fancy gym will spotters or guys that i could get to spot me!!!! My spotter is my wife who just had a c-section and was feeding my little girl but yeah 245lb is light !!! maybe I'll try 405lb and I'll put pics up of a torn pec Yep thats what I'll do:rolleyes:

thanks for the help, and yeah 245lb on flat bench is light but if you think about it I only weight 186lbs,5'6 and I dont workout in a fancy gym will spotters or guys that i could get to spot me!!!! My spotter is my wife who just had a c-section and was feeding my little girl but yeah 245lb is light !!! maybe I'll try 405lb and I'll put pics up of a torn pec Yep thats what I'll do:rolleyes:

Don't sweat the amount of weight comment bro. :mad: Just take it easy on benching for a bit. I wouldn't come back to flat bench for a long time , I'd put in some db work or something in it's place for a while, watch your form and control the negative.

its called a joke howdy sorry u took it so personally guess my friends take things differently than you do just get a muscle relaxant take it easy for a while when you come back my switch to db presses for a while and ull be golden

I tore my pec back in 1994. When I tore it, there was no doubt at all. It was loud and started twitching immediately then it shrunk right before my eyes.

About an hour later the pain began, a lot of it, the next day it was black and blue down to my waist.

I've heard of other people tearing their pecs and they experienced more mild effects from it, it was likely a partial tear. So before I say for sure whether or not you have a tear. I would say to give it a day to see how it feels.

Mine was cause by overtraining chest, I would bench 2-3 days in a row sometimes and with heavy weight! Now I know how stupid that was.
The other cause of mine was not enough sleep on top of this and dehydration.

But IMO it's a strain. If it is a tear you would likely know by tomorrow, unless it's minor, which could be a possibility, in that case I've read that you can recover in about 2 weeks of laying off of it.

STOP flat benching! Are you a power lifter or bodybuilder? Almost every time you hear about a pec tear it comes from flat benching. Flat bench is just an ego exercise.

STOP flat benching! Are you a power lifter or bodybuilder? Almost every time you hear about a pec tear it comes from flat benching. Flat bench is just an ego exercise.

do u think the same problem arises with flat dp press? i dont know if when u say flat bench ur just refering to bb or the movement

do u think the same problem arises with flat dp press? i dont know if when u say flat bench ur just refering to bb or the movement

I strained my pec a little over a month ago on the flat bench doing dbs, so yes you can fuck it up that way.

I would say I just strained it cuz it feels good today but not GREAT and my workout consist of both barbell and db for incline and flat bench its kinda like a superset ex. incline barbell 6-8 repsthen right to incline db 6-8 reps the same for flat and decline, I have made great gains thus far but i guess I'll change it up for a mth or so and as far as the weight comment yeah it pissed me off because I'm a little kid and that is big weight for me, and I'm trying to be the best i can be ,I guess it just hit a nerve cuz all i hear every day is I'm never gonna make it as a bodybuilder and I'm fat and all that shit so sorry if i came off like a butthead !!!!! Thanks for the help guys maybe I'll try to do some pushups to rate the pain :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws