over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

torn acl

thcwired

Newbies
I tore my acl and bruised my femur in a motorcycle accident. I want to know if anyone else has torn their acl and not had surgery to repair it?
My doctor of course says surgery is the best long term outcome but I dont have health insurance and wonder if I will be able to squat and dead lift if I dont have surgery. I am also taking HGH 4ius day and am thinking about IGFlr3 but dont really know if a ligament can heal itself? Anyone have some personal experiences?:(

I tore my ACL in my right knee around 1988 and never had surgery to repair it. I continued to squat and as my doctor told me that as long as my muscles were strong it would hold the knee in place. Granted before the tear I was squating 585 for reps and after I would tap out at 315 for reps.

If you cannot have surgery don't sweat it just be more aware of how you workout your legs. You will be okay.

you wont be able to do shit if you dont get that fixed. you will more than likely injure yourself further. have you discussed how you could get the operation with your doc? perhaps there is some program in your area that will help with the costs? look into your local health department. dont be too proud, you gotta get that fixed.

Tore my acl in hs football, never was the same, the surgury is hell. A few different options for it but all are pretty rough. I would be very hesitant to squat without an acl(very likely it will give out and tear other things), at least I would squat very very low weight and volume till your other tendons and muscles take over. Remember Hines Ward was born without an acl or tore it in childhood, his knee is fine. Just takes time. Talk to your doctor about your goals and what your expect from your knees, I know when I tore mine I was in hs so the doc really thought I should have it fixed, if your older it may not be needed as much. I would advise overall to get it fixed, patella tendon transplant is what I did and it turned out great, granted years later it was 100%. My brother used hamstring transplant and he has had more issues. Keep us updated.

Something to consider. The ACL is part of a structure of ligaments and tendons that allow the knee to function through different planes of motion. Its support keeps those planes aligned correctly. Depending on what types of activity you perform, it may heal or could likely tear further, or completely. If it tears through, you will have irregular bone wear, and lose surface material. Over the years, this will result in destroying your cartilage, and you will develop arthritis, further damaging the joint. Eventually, you will need a knee replacement, if you live another twenty years. Yes, you will be able to squat now, but again, you will further damage the joint. Your intelligent options now are to fully immobilize it for at least a month in a splint, which should allow it to heal if it is a partial tear(an MRI will confirm this). Or spend the dough for arthroscopic repair, be safe, and pretty much as good as new in a month. I am speaking from experience.

To those responding the OP wants to hear from people who have a torn ACL and who did not get it surgically repaired.

He already stated that he knows that surgery is the best thing to do but for his personal reasons he cannot afford one at this time.

Something to consider. The ACL is part of a structure of ligaments and tendons that allow the knee to function through different planes of motion. Its support keeps those planes aligned correctly. Depending on what types of activity you perform, it may heal or could likely tear further, or completely. If it tears through, you will have irregular bone wear, and lose surface material. Over the years, this will result in destroying your cartilage, and you will develop arthritis, further damaging the joint. Eventually, you will need a knee replacement, if you live another twenty years. Yes, you will be able to squat now, but again, you will further damage the joint. Your intelligent options now are to fully immobilize it for at least a month in a splint, which should allow it to heal if it is a partial tear(an MRI will confirm this). Or spend the dough for arthroscopic repair, be safe, and pretty much as good as new in a month. I am speaking from experience.

If its reconstructed he wont be recovered in a month, walking with a limp yes, it take 8-18 months for a full recovery, closer to the middle of that.

i have partially torn my acl at least 3 times. never had surgery and it has been fine for the most part. minor aches in my knee if im on my feet alot but that no prob. knee feels fine when i squat even at 500+.

if yours is just a partial tear it would prob be fine if you give it the time to heal

When I was 17 years old I partially tore my ACL,partially torn mcl, and partially torn meniscus. and streplaying football. I finished out the season with a Titanium custom knee brace, to this day I haven't had any problem with it.

On the flip side when I was 16 I tore my ACL,LCL,MCL completely and medial meniscus, playing football:rolleyes:

I had a knee reconstruction surgery, my ACL was replaced with an Achilles tendon, after the 9 months of recovery I am happier than ever I had the surgery. My knee has returned to full strength and I have no issues with it what so ever. Just some food for thought.

Good luck with your knee, I feel your pain brother!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131