YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Torn bicep: PEG MGF & BPC 157 stacked for recovery?

hvwchamp

Registered
So I did my third partial bicep tear yesterday while doing pec flys lol :banghead:. The last time this happened I experienced amazing results of MGF healing my bicep back into place in around only 3 weeks. I've seen that BPC 157 can heal in even quicker time so my question is what are the thoughts on using the 2 together for healing a torn muscle?

MGF would be great for faster soft tissue healing while the BPC would be good to reduce inflammation. It would make a good combo for what ails you.

BPC-157 actually does a lot more than just reduce inflammation (you're thinking tb500). BPC has been shown to actually reattach tendon, speed healing, and increase angiogenesis.

I had a full pec tear (tendon from bone with avulsion fracture, muscle from tendon, and full muscle belly - leaving me with a permanent deformity, but healed). I used BPC for the first 5 weeks post op. My surgeon, at week 6, my surgeon swore up and down I was already at 12 weeks based on my MRI and physical assessment by him.... So that says something.

Last edited:
BPC-157 actually does a lot more than just reduce inflammation (you're thinking tb500). BPC has been shown to actually reattach tendon, speed healing, and increase angiogenesis.

I had a full pec tear (tendon from bone with avulsion fracture, muscle from tendon, and full muscle belly - leaving me with a permanent deformity, but healed). I used BPC for the first 5 weeks post op. My surgeon, at week 6, my surgeon swore up and down I was already at 12 weeks based on my MRI and physical assessment by him.... So that says something.

That's pretty amazing!!!

Many people have told me similar.

To the OP you already know PEG MGF helped last time and I think BPC-157 will only add to that. I haven't used it myself but loads of people have told me similar stories to the above. One of my best friends things it's a miracle peptide and uses it all the time for general recovery.

Many people have told me similar.

To the OP you already know PEG MGF helped last time and I think BPC-157 will only add to that. I haven't used it myself but loads of people have told me similar stories to the above. One of my best friends things it's a miracle peptide and uses it all the time for general recovery.

I haven't tried regular mgf yet. I heard if you take it preworkout your muscles feel much better and heal fast. I know they say mgf should be used post workout but this guy was very convincing.
I need more BPC-157 also. It's always good to have on hand for any injuries or muscle strains. They now say it even can regrow tooth enamel. Maybe put it in distilled water and sip it like the rats in the studies for better teeth. :D

Last year I had a partial tear of distal bicep (MRI confirmed).
BCP / TB regiment was unbelievable for recovery.

Yes, I was thinking of tb500. I guess I mixed up the two. My bad.

Last year I had a partial tear of distal bicep (MRI confirmed).
BCP / TB regiment was unbelievable for recovery.
This. I had a full distal bicep tear. My sports ortho worked with the Yankees and Rams and said in all his years he had never seen a repair heal so fast. I was pulling over 500# after 5 months.

This. I had a full distal bicep tear. My sports ortho worked with the Yankees and Rams and said in all his years he had never seen a repair heal so fast. I was pulling over 500# after 5 months.

That's a lot of damn weight!!!

That's a lot of damn weight!!!
Lol, he was extremely aggressive with pt. He figured at 4 months I was 90% healed, which was more typical to see around 8 months. He was also very suprised to hear my protocol as he received a grant from MLB to do a study on rats to see the affects of hgh on tendon repair. Oddly his studies showed no improvement.

Lol, he was extremely aggressive with pt. He figured at 4 months I was 90% healed, which was more typical to see around 8 months. He was also very suprised to hear my protocol as he received a grant from MLB to do a study on rats to see the affects of hgh on tendon repair. Oddly his studies showed no improvement.

That's interesting on the HGH study. I just ordered some TB500 and BPC157 to help heal my nagging injures. I've been spending a fortune on serostim HGH. I notice much faster recovery in between workouts but I didn't know it wouldn't help tendons. I assume if it elevates IGF1 it should help over time.
That's cool that you know someone who does actual funded studies.

That's interesting on the HGH study. I just ordered some TB500 and BPC157 to help heal my nagging injures. I've been spending a fortune on serostim HGH. I notice much faster recovery in between workouts but I didn't know it wouldn't help tendons. I assume if it elevates IGF1 it should help over time.
I was shocked as well. I never read it going in but thought for sure he was going to add it to my recovery. After discussing with him, it does a poor job with tendon recovery. Especially in the time frame needed. He was very interested in my "see prescribed" protocol and was looking into getting another grant. I'll try to find you the study.

Here you go
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23636184

Wow!!! That's not at all what I expected. I guess I'll spend more on BPC157 and less on HGH. I figure I'll post the abstract in case people don't want to click the link:

Human growth hormone may be detrimental when used to accelerate recovery from acute tendon-bone interface injuries.
Baumgarten KM, et al. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013.

Abstract

BACKGROUND: There have been few scientific studies that have examined usage of human growth hormone to accelerate recovery from injury. The hypothesis of this study was that human growth hormone would accelerate tendon-to-bone healing compared with control animals treated with placebo in a rat model of acute rotator cuff injury repair.

METHODS: Seventy-two rats underwent repair of acute rotator cuff injuries and were randomized into the following postoperative dosing regimens: placebo, and human growth hormone at 0.1, 1, 2, 5, and 10 mg/kg/day, administered subcutaneously once per day for fourteen days (Protocol 1). An additional twenty-four rats were randomized to receive either (1) placebo or (2) human growth hormone at 5 mg/kg, administered subcutaneously twice per day for seven days preoperatively and twenty-eight days postoperatively (Protocol 2). All rats were killed twenty-eight days postoperatively. Mechanical testing was performed. Ultimate stress, ultimate force, stiffness, energy to failure, and ultimate distension were determined.

RESULTS: For Protocol 1, analysis of variance testing showed no significant difference between the groups with regard to ultimate stress, ultimate force, stiffness, energy to failure, or ultimate distension. In Protocol 2, ultimate force to failure was significantly worse in the human growth hormone group compared with the placebo group (21.1 ± 5.85 versus 26.3 ± 5.47 N; p = 0.035). Failure was more likely to occur through the bone than the tendon-bone interface in the human growth hormone group compared with the placebo group (p = 0.001). No significant difference was found for ultimate stress, ultimate force, stiffness, energy to failure, or ultimate distension between the groups in Protocol 2.

CONCLUSIONS: In this rat model of acute tendon-bone injury repair, daily subcutaneous postoperative human growth hormone treatment for fourteen days failed to demonstrate a significant difference in any biomechanical parameter compared with placebo. Furthermore, subcutaneous administration of 5 mg/kg of human growth hormone twice daily from seven days preoperatively until twenty-eight days postoperatively demonstrated lower loads to ultimate failure and a higher risk of bone fracture failure compared with placebo.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear