over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Torn distal Bicep....

Johnny Smiles

Banned
Pissed so dont have much to say.
need to know if anyone has experinced this and if you did rehab, reattached the tear or even had whole muscle reattached to tendon....

MRI in very near future and will know more. but family doc didnt sound hopeful.
thanks in advance for experiences on the matter....
-JS

Yes, I experienced that in my left arm...Had the surgery, went through rehab and was off work for 6 months. That was 3 years ago and still, I cant get the strength up in that arm like it is in the right.

need to know if anyone has experinced this and if you did rehab, reattached the tear or even had whole muscle reattached to tendon....

-JS

Holy crap u still alive I tried emailing u email me ASAP plead

Tore my distal bicep tendon right off the bone 9 weeks ago deadlifting..over under grip..had surgery and doc was able to reconnect it using an endobutton attachment..after the surgery I was in a splint for 2 weeks which sucked.

At 3 weeks the splint came off and i was required to wear a sling.

At 4 weeks I started physical therapy...alot of stretching of the elbow and gradually started strengthening the muscle using 1lb weights.

Im currently at week 9 and got the OK from the doc to start working out.. Im curling a 10lb dumbell...doc told me to take it slow and not to overdo it..recovery has been great..doc said im way ahead of schedule..just take it slow..dont rush the recovery.

-JS

JS- I tore my right bicep tendon in 2004 and am perfectly fine.

FYI- my doc told me that the surgery was mostly aesthetic (only a 10-15% strength loss without surgery). Personally, I am happy that I had it re-attached. Just be sure to find a surgeon who has ample experience in performing the procedure.

The only time I noticed the difference was playing baseball- my arm didn't have the stamina. Lifting is fine but in the beginning and sometimes after a long time away from the gym you feel a serious pump in that specific area- no pain though.

Follow the rehab (especially the stretching) and eventually you will totally forget it ever happened.

Grade 1 or 2 seek an active release therapist asap. Grade 3 is only grade where surgery essential.

I have also torn both my biceps at the distal attachments. My right one about 10yrs ago and the left about 14wks ago. You definetly need to have the surgery done as soon as possible if you plan on competing in the future because the longer you wait the more chance the bicep will not look the same.(shorter) Hopefully it is a complete rupture and the tendon is in good shape so the doctor will have an easier time with surgery.(probably endobutton rapair like previous post). Recovery is not so bad if you are smart about it. My bodyweight and strength is almost what it was pre injury(except for curls) at 14wks post surgery.

Can u tell us how it happened? In the gym? Ive known two guys who tore their bicep. Both really big guys and it happened outside the gym playing with their kids, just goofing off. U guys seem to think injuries like this happen more often than not training in the gym or in the real world everyday life??

was doing pull up

prolly wasnt warmed up properly....
the bitch of it is, its been a while... i been dealing with it and its suddenly got worse imo. i couldnt tell aesthetically for months. i laid off the arm. laid off training. now i am back and a bit lean and its a glaring atrophy on right bicep and head is slightly shorter. looks like shit imo.
sigh...
gonna get it checked out asap.
i want an mri done. wanna see what i am up against.
-JS

When I tore mine I was leaning over to lift the front end of a riding mower onto a hydraulic jack...only about 5 inches....there wasn't even a motor installed so the total weight was about 50 to 60 pounds. I was using both hands to lift it but when I did i lost balance slightly and when the weight of the mower shifted that is when it tore....A friend across the garage heard it when the tendon snapped, and when it did the tendon coiled up like a snake...freaky!

That's the kinda stuff I'm talking about. Awkward movements ur not even thinking about causing sig tears and injuries. Seems like a consistent problem for bodybuilders. Any body else.

Tore both of mine flipping a tractor tire in 2009. Right arm was a minor tear, left arm was a major tear, over 50% of the tendon. Right arm healed easily; left arm took over six months to be able to do anything without pain and cramping. At the one year mark I could curl 45lb. dumbbells in good form and never really pushed it much past that because it felt weird when I went heavier.

The left arm will never be 100% again, but I am happy just to be lifting.

For Johnny as I mentioned in the PM, this is the beginning of the bruising...eventually the vast majority of it was purple.

Attachments

• bicep bruise.jpg
    bicep bruise.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 15,850
that sucks JS...best wishes in recovery...

Tore my distal bicep tendon right off the bone 9 weeks ago deadlifting..over under grip..had surgery and doc was able to reconnect it using an endobutton attachment..after the surgery I was in a splint for 2 weeks which sucked.

At 3 weeks the splint came off and i was required to wear a sling.

At 4 weeks I started physical therapy...alot of stretching of the elbow and gradually started strengthening the muscle using 1lb weights.

Im currently at week 9 and got the OK from the doc to start working out.. Im curling a 10lb dumbell...doc told me to take it slow and not to overdo it..recovery has been great..doc said im way ahead of schedule..just take it slow..dont rush the recovery.

damn started workingout in 9 weeks,not to bad, i am going in for a rotator cuff repair in a few days and also will take a look at bicep tendon while in there, because doc said it might need to be repaired and i was told no sports for 5-6 months:mad:, goodluck to ya JS

my physical therapist recently tore both his right and left in 2 different incidents

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws