over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Torn pec help brothas

physiqueartist

Registered
My brothas need your help, advice, incouragement.

Anyway- this mornign I was doing wide grip hammer press- doing rest pause- went up to 7 plates per side, did 11 reps, 15 second breath, 4 reps 15 breathes then on my 3 rep- my partner hurt a pop and I felt slight tear, like it was stretching to far and slight pops. Went home immediately and iced it- pain got bad went to the Dr- no big help except for the vicadin and aniinflamitories- set em up with and MRI and ortho appoinment for wednesday. \\

Who has torn a pec- how long where you out- What can I do shoulders, arms back and legs.

The area swole up my right pec is 4x the size of the ohter pec- black and blue in my underarm area- black and blue didnt go to my chest yet just the tie in and doen my bicep a bit- I can flex my bicep ok and my chest is all in tact not a complete tear- Just terrified with how much this will set me back-

Will any super sups help any- Sorry If things are miss spelled or dotn make since (vicadin)

Please give me any suggestion incouragment you can- depressed as hell as I just got my offseason weight up to 260 at 11%.

I tore my left pec

Get an mri so they can tell you exactly what happened.asap I hope ya got money for surgery or if its a muscle tear you will have a permanent ripped fibers in your chest that will leave a hole.

going to get mri monday (at least trying to) seeing ortho surgeoun also- going tuesday to get ART and ultra sound-going to try everything to heal this.

just hoping to hear from people who had this happen to and how they got threw it

If it is a complete avulsion then you have no choice but to get surgery to get it reattached unless you do not want it reattached. Forget about taking any kind of supplements, it is a waste of time. No amount or type of drug will reattach the tendon any more than they would help to reattach a finger that was cut off.

going to get mri monday (at least trying to) seeing ortho surgeoun also- going tuesday to get ART and ultra sound-going to try everything to heal this.

just hoping to hear from people who had this happen to and how they got threw it

Again, if it is a complete tear then there is nothing to heal so ultra sound is a big waste. Technically the only healing to be done if it is a complete tear and you chose not to get it reattached is to let the blood disapate and for the edge of the tendon to heal over. Other than that there is no "healing"

Also remember that because of the swelling it will not look that bad aesthetically, but when the swelling goes down (if a complete tear) it will look a lot worse. So be wise and if it is torn then personally I would get it reattached.

Really sorry to hear this. Either way, if its torn muscle or if its a torn tendon, realistically, its going to be a long recovery that will take months. Get the MRI to see exactly what you did. Get it repaired by a good otho surgeon and start your road to a full recovery

trust me if I need surgery I will get surgery- lucky for me I have awesome insurance and I will do whatever I have to to fix it. Been back training for 2 years and was finally really making progress.

Dont know if I wasnt warm enough or what- did my workout a little earlier on a Saturday then usual. Also I know I need to stretch more

Thanks for the replies

its so sad, injuries are very bad
dont worry you'll recover, u've ur insurance :)

trust me if I need surgery I will get surgery- lucky for me I have awesome insurance and I will do whatever I have to to fix it. Been back training for 2 years and was finally really making progress.

Dont know if I wasnt warm enough or what- did my workout a little earlier on a Saturday then usual. Also I know I need to stretch more

Thanks for the replies

Just had surgery to reattach a pec major about 3 weeks ago.

4.5 hour long procedure, but supposedly I'll be better off than I was before. They threaded my pec through my arm bone in addition to repairing the tendon.

But no gym at all for 2 months. No weights for 3. No pushing heavy weights for probably 5 months or so.

But I am on HGH and am healing a hell of a lot faster than they thought. I was supposed to be in a sling, unable to move my arm, for 6 weeks. Week 2 and I was out of the sling, showering, typing, doing everything normal besides the gym and getting on top of my girl in bed.

I just did that for the first time yesterday and I'm thinking it wasnt a great idea, but I dont think I did any damage.

Good luck, and get the surgery ASAP if you need it. For your own sake, dont wait. Its a shitty surgery and I have a 5 inch scar, but if you are a bigger dude its what they need to do and you DONT want to be all lopsided and weak. I dont know you, but I assume that's the case.

Tt

Thanks for the replies

Personally, I haven't known anyone that has trained with heavy poundage over the years that hasn't been hurt at some point. Just part of the game.

Let us know what the MRI says

took me about 2 months of healing, 3 months of rehab, stretching. at about 5-6 months i was back in the gym, started with no weight on the hammer machines and slowly built it back up. prolly well over a year to get back to full swing for me.

thanks brothas for the support and reasurment- Wife is on the phone trying to get me an appointment sooner (have one Wednesday) If I need surgury I will schedule it the next damn day- I really hate this.

Train did your doc get you hgh for the repairs or was that on your own?

Thanks again guys

6 weeks dams bro that must have killed you. I have my MRI Wednesday and Ortho appointment Friday- gone the next week for work training- then have surgery on books for Tuesday when I get back- hopefully I wont need it but better safe then sorry- trying to get the Dr that did Levrones pec repair to repair mine- he is here in NC-

I rupture back in Oct

I had surgery 8 days later... I did physical therapy for about 10 weeks and then started my own rehab. The ortho wanted my in the sling for 8 weeks, and another 4 weeks before he agreed to me beginning some light upper-body training.
It was a long haul and the results are OK. There is a distinct difference comparing right and left pecs, but it only stands out when flexed.
My strength came back to about 80% (guessing). I have gone a heavy as 105 for dumbbell presses, but it honestly scares me. The Ortho suggested I wait 14 months before going all out.
These days I am more concerned with not getting re-injured. Turned 40 and got smart/conservative

good luck to you

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner