over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

torn pec question

anta

Registered
I had my second pec tear about 8 months ago on the opposite side, I was coming back from my 1st and went to heavy to quick I was already benching 320x6 in 6 months after 3 years off. this time I think its a tear in the muscle its self, I have an indent about an inch above my nipple and that side of my lower pec is narrower than the other side. I've just started lifting more than the bar so do you think it will ever fill in more, could it be mostly atrophy at the injury site or will it always be like that?

Last edited:
I had my second pec tear about 8 months ago on the opposite side, I was coming back from my 1st and went to heavy to quick I was already benching 320x6 in 6 months after 3 years off. this time I think its a tear in the muscle its self, I have an indent about an inch above my nipple and that side of my lower pec is narrower than the other side. I've just started lifting more than the bar so do you think it will ever fill in more, could it be mostly atrophy at the injury site or will it always be like that?

Mine was the pec/delt area 10 years ago and still it never filled in.

I had a pec tear in 2007, tore it next to the arm pit, muscle actually tore in two - had surgery and still to this day there is an indent. My chest has grown a lot since then, but the indent is still very visible when the pectorals are contracted.

Damn I was hoping it would fill in at least a little. does it still bother you and do you have to be extra careful, certain exercises you stay away from?

my first pec tear doesn't bother me much but it was at the mt junction and you can't really tell it just not as wide as it used to be. but this one is at my lower/side of my pec I've never dealt with a muscle from muscle tear

Never bothers me. I don't flat bench anymore, haven't in about 5-6 years. I feel that flat bench is useless for me anyway. I always preferred incline. I don't go super heavy anymore either, I usually stay around 275 on the incline barbell for 12-15 reps. I do a lot of drop sets and supersets. I've had a lot of growth training this way over the last few years. Train smart and it will enable you to keep training. ;) good luck man.

Tore my left pec about a year ago. Slipped on a ladder coming down and grabbed a step with my left hand to catch myself and ripped my arm straight up. Though I was dead as the pain was severe and right away.

Long story short after 2 MRI's and 2 Ortho visits, told nothing they can do, as its just a massive muscle tear. Right side has a nice V taper into the front delt, left side looks like crap and the V taper is gone, and also raised the pec up about 1" higher than the right.

A year later and still the same void, It also fires pretty weird, shakes like a wet dog when benching. My past lifts where 315 for 20 reps, now maybe 275 for 5-6. To scared to push it. When doing a hands on hip most muscular, its pretty obvious.

Doc said ramp up the GH and don't do anything that hurts.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131