over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Torn Right Pectoral

Germaine

Registered
Hello guys need advice. On Thursday I was doing chest and was under 365 pounds. I was on my 5th rep and as I come down and start to push the weight up I felt and heard a snap. Went to my Orthopedic doctor on Friday and had MRI and he said look like it's torn from the bone. I have to meet him again on Monday to go over surgery. This is my first injury like this and been lifting weights since high school. I am 45 years of age any advice from the board on this type of injury time frame to heal up will I be back to normal will I be able to lift heavy again ect. I appreciate it and

Semper Fi,

Brothers

Get it operated on if possible. You can come back from it for sure.

I read this earlier today, thought it was pretty good:

https://www.elitefts.com/coaching-logs/how-to-heal-any-injury-overnight

This may not apply to you but I've noticed several powerlifters doing very aggressive rehab for muscle tears recently, and they are coming back quick. They start working the injured muscle immediately.
For example, this fella:
https://www.instagram.com/coach_wodyn/

Squatting every day, several times a day to improve healing.

Kevin Levrone had a pec tear and he benchs 500Lbs now at age 53.
Stay positive and you'll heal up nicely.
Good luck with the surgery. 💪

Kevin Levrone had a pec tear and he benchs 500Lbs now at age 53.
Stay positive and you'll heal up nicely.
Good luck with the surgery. 💪

If possible upload your images of your MRI. I reason i say this is that chest/pec MRI's are very challenging to interpret. If the person reading it was not MSK trained they can easily read it wrong and the surgeons have NO idea how to read them they just go by the report and pretend in front of patients. Trust me, even I struggle with them at times if the images arent obtained on a 3T from a good tech.

ok there are for types of pec tares this is actually a pec tendon tare the reason I say this is yr words were its fro the bone. to me means tendon from the upper arm bone. If it was the pec muscle off the sternum this is very rare and almost impossible. good news is this is the easiest to repair. Cut a notch in the arm bone were it once was re insert tendon and suture to the bone.

I got bout 3 years post surgery.
Still afraid to max bench not sure i will ever try again but did rep 10 315 which is right up there for me.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/119376-tore-pec.html

Best of luck

Hello guys need advice. On Thursday I was doing chest and was under 365 pounds. I was on my 5th rep and as I come down and start to push the weight up I felt and heard a snap. Went to my Orthopedic doctor on Friday and had MRI and he said look like it's torn from the bone. I have to meet him again on Monday to go over surgery. This is my first injury like this and been lifting weights since high school. I am 45 years of age any advice from the board on this type of injury time frame to heal up will I be back to normal will I be able to lift heavy again ect. I appreciate it and

Semper Fi,

Brothers

Here's pic of tear

Attachments

• Germaine.jpg
    Germaine.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 2,623
Last edited by a moderator:
yup...rupture..

:(

The question is not if it is torn or not its where the tear is and degree of retraction and condition of tendon.

I'm sorry that happened to you. Just keep up with the doctors and get it repaired. Good luck on the recovery!

I have completely torn a few tendons, all my tears were after 40 YO, get the surgery, you will regret it if you don't. Recovery takes time but you will be good as new after a year, but you may always have that tearing sound in your head which may keep you from pushing at max anymore. I suggest HGH for healing as well as afterwards. I seem to hold up much better now since taking GH (just 2-3 ius) keeps me from feeling like I am going to tear something all the time now.

I'm sorry that happened to you. Just keep up with the doctors and get it repaired. Good luck on the recovery!

Bio Thank you brother and will do as everyone has instructed me to do. Never thought in a million years this would happen to me. Been lifting weights for 3 decades now and never had an injury. I appreciate it.

Semper Fi,

Brother

I want to thank everyone for their advice and help on this issue. Will get it fixed and just move on from there. Thanks again guys and truly appreciate it.

Semper Fi,

Bio Thank you brother and will do as everyone has instructed me to do. Never thought in a million years this would happen to me. Been lifting weights for 3 decades now and never had an injury. I appreciate it.

Semper Fi,

Brother

I've been lifting the same amount of time, I'm 48. A muscle tear is one injury that I dread. Luckily with my other injuries, I don't push it too heavy anymore...once in a while.

Like LS asked, was it flat barbell?

Good luck with your recovery bro..

Bro, I've repaired a few pec tears over the years! They are one of the hardest tendon tears to fix of all tendons on the body due to the small amount of tissue.....and when they tear, hardly anything is left.
But don't fear, is can be done with all the various bone anchoring system out there and fiber wire! It will be a very long recovery period and you better never try to lift really heavy ever again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know they can repair the the muscle itself now with pec tears. If you can I'd see a surgeon ASAP. I had a partial pec tendon tear and full Achilles rupture twice so I certainly empathize.

Last edited:
One of the nicest guys on the board, sorry to hear my brother. Surgery and aggressive rehab and you will be ok. Stay away from flat bench!

One of the nicest guys on the board, sorry to hear my brother. Surgery and aggressive rehab and you will be ok. Stay away from flat bench!

Thanks BN yeah I think flat bench days are over I appreciate man.

Semper Fi,

Brother

That sucks Bro, tore mine many years ago, wasn't a tendon but in belly of pec, Have a big hole there now, Doc said can't do surgery on it, would be like sewing hamburger meat together
Still hurts to this day if not warmed up and stretch hard before work out
I tore mine doing dumbbells 90lbs
Still haven't to this day gone back to 90's I guess it's mental thing

IMG_1410.JPG

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner