over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Torn rotator cuff, tricep tendon, and more! Lol

High mileage, you ain't kidding brother. We talked a lot about health me and you. I was definitely doing the right things to get there, I changed a lot of things around already. But this is the last straw. Like I said a lean, muscular, and healthy 225....I'll be happy. Love back at ya bro!

get there brother!
take it easy!
and 10 reps???:eek:
need to be thinking more like 20-30, lol
those lil rubbery colored dumbells! you n the old ladies! lol
have fun bro!

Brother, I feel for you.

Not looking for sympathy or anything just a heads up as to why getting old sucks balls. Lifting heavy most of my life and working hard labor as well adds up. A few weeks back at work took a bad fall and felt some things go the wrong way lol. Well turns out I have a full tear of my supraspinatus in my rotator and a partial tear of the tricep tendon.

To add more fun, I also have partial tears in the same elbow of my radial collateral ligament, common extensor tendon and common flexor tendon.

And it gets better...a torn meniscus in my knee. Fuck me!

I will be having a bunch of surgeries coming up, and will be out of commission for quite awhile. Best case for me is next spring I will be back in the gym easing back and somewhat normal by the summer.

Never posted about it at the time because I was very down on myself but I tore the tricep tendon on the opposite arm a few years back and had surgery and recovered nicely so I'm sure all will go well.

So right now it's all about clean diet and cardio as much as my knee will allow. Slim down and stay lean at about 225 for the foreseeable future. It's definitely time to reevaluate and look at the big picture. There is a time for all of us to face facts as we get older and this is mine.

And you know what? Im ok with it.

It seems like everything on me hurts. Knees and hips especially. I am careful to warm up every exercise or I get hurt. I am afraid to train hard and heavy because things feel like they could tear or pull easily. When I feel strong it is frustrating because I am afraid and my joints absolutely do NOT want to cooperate.

I just do the best I can now. Hang in there!!!

It seems like everything on me hurts. Knees and hips especially. I am careful to warm up every exercise or I get hurt. I am afraid to train hard and heavy because things feel like they could tear or pull easily. When I feel strong it is frustrating because I am afraid and my joints absolutely do NOT want to cooperate.

I just do the best I can now. Hang in there!!!

Nailed it. Back in the day we just went after it and never worried. Now I have good days and bad but I get the work done. On certain days when I'm feeling strong as fuck there is always that thought in the back of my mind "what's going to tear now?". Usually just go for it and hope for the best, and then thank God the set is over and I'm not hurt lol.

Going to change that when I get back from all this, will have to be smarter. Good to see you old friend.

speedy recovery BN, this getting old shit ain't for the weak

BN, have you looked into healing peptides like BPC157? May be worth a look... Seemed to make a difference with my rotator cuff, although obviously that's nothing compared to your issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yea, I'm not convinced. Works for some and not others. Will have to do more research.

Take it easy man and stay strong! Just had my rotator cuff surgery Aug 7th (3rd shoulder surgery for me) so know how ya feel.

Hardest part is the recovery and inactivity and not being able to do the silly stuff you know you can do in normal life. Takes a toll mentally but just have to realize it's only short term and will get better

Wishing ya a speedy recovery and successful surgery

"And you know what? Im ok with it." That's what it's really all about. Being able to allow yourself to be smart and healthy, because at some point you realize you're not going to get bigger and stronger and make progress indefinitely. But, it's not easy to accept and we have a tendancy to want to keep pushing and fighting against some changes we know we need to make. I'm at that point of permanent change. I've been through injury and health problems before, but I have to accept that I'm getting old, and my body will never go back. Lately I've been trying to imagine myself not putting absolutely 100% into it, but being smarter and healthier and still putting 100% of my spirit into it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Professional Muscle mobile app

Been lifting since 14 (now almost 51), I was always a very strong bodybuilder but when 40 came the wheels started falling off. Tricep complete tear, rotator cuff, quad tear, back issues, pec tears, plus some others the last 10 years. When competing I never took HGH (too expensive) I always felt like I was going to tear something so I had to lighten up. At around 44 after my tricep surgery I started taking HGH (2 ius) and I feel pretty good. I do cycle (at lower doses) the poundages are not like they were in my 20s and 30s but they are still respectable and at around 250 lbs, look pretty good for an old man.
I just wanted to add my 2 cents and cheer you on, have the surgeries and listen to docs on healing and you will be back better than ever before you know it...good luck.

Been lifting since 14 (now almost 51), I was always a very strong bodybuilder but when 40 came the wheels started falling off. Tricep complete tear, rotator cuff, quad tear, back issues, pec tears, plus some others the last 10 years. When competing I never took HGH (too expensive) I always felt like I was going to tear something so I had to lighten up. At around 44 after my tricep surgery I started taking HGH (2 ius) and I feel pretty good. I do cycle (at lower doses) the poundages are not like they were in my 20s and 30s but they are still respectable and at around 250 lbs, look pretty good for an old man.
I just wanted to add my 2 cents and cheer you on, have the surgeries and listen to docs on healing and you will be back better than ever before you know it...good luck.

Thank you. Your name has come up in rotator cuff searches so I know you have had some injuries and have come back. GH has always made me feel bulletproof, especially with Deca but it only works to a point at our age. Things will eventually break down, joints and tendons only have so much mileage I feel. The best thing really is rest, give things time to heal proactively not after there is a problem.

In my case, repetitive stress from hard labor plus the gym is what sets the table for injury. Not much rest in my life. If I can't back off at work at the very least I can back off in the gym at this age. So in effect, these injuries and the surgeries coming up are giving me much needed rest. Giving my body time to heal. I will be taking my physical therapy very serious and will be sure to do the same movements for my non injured side. I want to be ready to come back feeling good and ready for both work and training.

Thanks for reaching out.

Damn bro just tore my bicep so wishing you a speedy recovery...i know your pain (somewhat :p )!

I also just got a MRI showing a rotator tear and a labrum tear. Waiting on surgery date now. Sucks

BN brother we have chatted many of times and you know how I feel and the injuries I am coming off of. I am like you using this time to revamp things such as diet and training and moving forward. I know getting old sucks we want to live in our 20's and 30's yet our body will not let us do that. I have changed my diet, my supplement routine and when I get back in the gym my workout routine as well. I am listening to you as you make sense. I am down to 228 lbs now with a nice clean diet. I had to change some things up as my creatine level and protein level was high. Since my injury and changing up my diet both have went down dramatically and I am happy with that and I had blood work done about a week ago so in 40 days all my levels have dropped. Bro as I stated heal up and you are doing the right thing by revamping things we talked here and there and you have given me great advice stay strong as you have overcome so much and you will overcome this with revamping things, having the surgeries and giving yourself time. As I stated before if you need anything let me know. Semper Fi big dawg.

Semper Fi,

I hope you heal fast matey. There is me feeling sorry for myself and I only have a bad knee :eek:

Regarding BPC-157 it really is a miracle drug for recovery but many sellers put out fake product. TB-500 is another great one and I would guess is faked less. I might actually try some in my knee but going to get an x-ray first.

Good luck with everything. Have you seen Games of Thrones or Power? Might be worth checking out in your down time.

Aww, that's fucking terrible to hear. All that in one fall? I feel bad for you.

Like mini truck said the more positive you stay the quicker the recovery. I do think some things happen for a reason, maybe you injured yourself because you were going to have more serious health complications due to aas and by this happening it prevented that. Never know.

Or maybe you just fucking fell. Either way, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Received my surgery date yesterday. Sept 21st. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume