over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Torn thigh, IT Band?

AllLoadedUp

Registered
I was on the squat machine in my gym. Already done bar sqauts and hacks. When coming up on the 4th rep there was a "pop" and a sharp pain right down the side of my leg. Stopped of course.

The pain is bad. Its directly on the side of my leg. I can't stand up without using my upperbody to help me. If I rub into the area like right where the ball/socket area is of my hip it is sore as hell. The pain goes down the side of my leg basically to about mid-thigh. I'm about convinced I've torn something bad. Based on what I've read I am thinking it might be a IT Band injury. What say you guys/gals? As always thanks for any input

I had something really similar happen to me once when I was squatting heavy. Coming up on the squat I heard a sound like a t-shirt ripping. Guys across the gym heard it and after I racked the weight they came over asking me if I had torn my power shorts. I even looked at them and they were fine. It was the sound of the fascia in my IT band tearing.

I didn't have any bleeding, I guess because it is connective tissue and doesn't have a good blood supply. Pain was real bad like yours. I ended up having to take off a long time from doing legs. Trained the rest of my body. I cant remember how long it was, but it was about 1 month doing no legs I think. It happened back in 2001. Once it healed up, I started in again on legs going really light with no less than 20 rep sets. Each week I added more weight and dropped the reps. Eventually I got back to where I was and surpassed that. Today I have a dent in my leg there where it happened. Its not real bad. Other than the dent there was no permanent damage. Strength was fine.

I had something really similar happen to me once when I was squatting heavy. Coming up on the squat I heard a sound like a t-shirt ripping. Guys across the gym heard it and after I racked the weight they came over asking me if I had torn my power shorts. I even looked at them and they were fine. It was the sound of the fascia in my IT band tearing.

I didn't have any bleeding, I guess because it is connective tissue and doesn't have a good blood supply. Pain was real bad like yours. I ended up having to take off a long time from doing legs. Trained the rest of my body. I cant remember how long it was, but it was about 1 month doing no legs I think. It happened back in 2001. Once it healed up, I started in again on legs going really light with no less than 20 rep sets. Each week I added more weight and dropped the reps. Eventually I got back to where I was and surpassed that. Today I have a dent in my leg there where it happened. Its not real bad. Other than the dent there was no permanent damage. Strength was fine.
Hey bro. Nice to hear you didn't have a tear so bad you had to have surgery. I hope I don't need to either. I am definitely going to be out of work. My job requires me to climb in and out of a truck all day. No way in hell is that happening any time soon. I can barely get up from my kitchen table. I'm gonna call my ortho first thing Monday morning. It is swollen pretty good. No blackness or anything. Fuck does it hurt though. I have good short-term disability with my job if I have to be out a while. I'm just praying no damn surgery. Its good to see you still on here. I haven't really been around on here much in the last year. So other than knowing about the site change I don't have a clue what's been going on around here. Ha ha. Thanks for the response man. I hope mine heals up just like yours and please God no surgery.

Yeah, I was ok long term. I was a teacher, so I could still work.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws