over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Torn triceps tendon off the bone

J_J

Newbies
I tore my triceps tendon off the bone. July 26th two holes were drilled through my humerus and wires were used to anchor the tendon back to the bone. I followed my rehabilitation to a T. I even did multiple sessions in a hyperbaric chamber. The orthopedic surgeon said it would be a 8 month recovery. 6 months in I still have a lot of pain during flexion and extension of the elbow joint. Any tips for maximizing recovery? Any advice from people that have suffered this injury? The surgeon said my arm will never be the same and I am having a difficult time excepting that diagnosis. Thank you.

I had the same thing happened in 08. What helped the most for me was doing a lot of band work, in particular band pushdowns and standing band extensions. Really helped my range of motion, break down scar tissue. You can get back to where you were before. I’d have another doc take a look. How did you tear fit? Mine was heavy skull crushers

Reactions: J_J
Try prolotherapy. I also tore my tricep (no surgery) felt it helped a lot though

I had the same thing happened in 08. What helped the most for me was doing a lot of band work, in particular band pushdowns and standing band extensions. Really helped my range of motion, break down scar tissue. You can get back to where you were before. I’d have another doc take a look. How did you tear fit? Mine was heavy skull crushers
I took a fall right on my elbow and it snapped off.

This is my MRI report and my arm before surgery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210712-171734.png
    Screenshot_20210712-171734.png
    178 KB · Views: 71
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 72
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 70
Oh yes I remember that bruising. The only negative side effect I’ve encountered is that sometimes my elbow will get numb

I've worked with many people through the years that's had torn triceps, biceps, hamstrings, etc... In my line of work I have seen full recovery of these injuries. It always depends on the surgeon and the rehab. Too many people try to go back too fast. Lots of light work with mobility in between is always the key.

I ruptured my left tricep tendon in 2007...I had the same surgery as you described...I, too was aggressive with therapy...6 months after the surgery the tendon hurt just as bad...so I took 4 complete months off of ALL training and just let it heal...when I started training again I benched 135 for 3x10 and did 15 pound dumbbell extensions once a week for a month...I gradually increased weight over the next 5 months...I have had no issues since...the most important thing I did was the 4 month layoff...you have to let it heal...most of us are just bull headed and too aggressive...

Try prolotherapy. I also tore my tricep (no surgery) felt it helped a lot though

I worked with a doc who did this and had it done on my low back and thumbs. It worked well for me and I have seen a lot of good things from this.
I've worked with many people through the years that's had torn triceps, biceps, hamstrings, etc... In my line of work I have seen full recovery of these injuries. It always depends on the surgeon and the rehab. Too many people try to go back too fast. Lots of light work with mobility in between is always the key.
I agree with this. It takes time for the body to grab ahold of tendon and for the body to adjust in multiple ways. Its a shot in the dark without seeing you (the OP) or talking to you in person but I would decrease your work load and increase using ice. Slowly increase your stretching and then slowly increase you resistance exercises. Give the body time to adjust and expect to have set backs so decrease workload when this happens and then again go back to increasing as your body allows.

I have seen many people recover from quad tendon tears and I do recall "Zack King Kong" guy retiring his quad because he came back too quickly. He used to right about it.

Also, I had one older physical therapist tell me to never do skull crushers as this was the one common exercise he noticed for tricep tears over the years. I think never going too heavy in this position is wise.

I agree time is crucial. Some recovery faster than others. I would definitely take BCP-157

Definitely torn. Rest and recovery for now . Once you're able to , get some therapy going. Some Research shows training the opposite side will maintain some amount of the injured due to neuromuscular adaption

I tore my triceps tendon off the bone. July 26th two holes were drilled through my humerus and wires were used to anchor the tendon back to the bone. I followed my rehabilitation to a T. I even did multiple sessions in a hyperbaric chamber. The orthopedic surgeon said it would be a 8 month recovery. 6 months in I still have a lot of pain during flexion and extension of the elbow joint. Any tips for maximizing recovery? Any advice from people that have suffered this injury? The surgeon said my arm will never be the same and I am having a difficult time excepting that diagnosis. Thank you.
High high rep work for blood flow and elasticity with a steady flow of C, gelatin, and a ton of fish oil is how I’d roll.

Could you have dropped it before the pop. ive heard a similiar sound and dropped the weight and just got bruising.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear