over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Toss or not?

Big Beef

Registered
Newbies
Sooo, I had an experience with some gear that I have never had before & I am to a point where I can't make a solid decision on what to do about it.

I had planned to run a 16 week blast, but the brand of test I was running ran out before I finished the full 16 weeks, so I switched to a different brand of test. This is not something I usually do, but I had to improvise & this is some test I had saved for a while, so I went ahead & gave it a go. No sooner than I got done pinning it... It felt like fire! At first, I didn't sweat it to much, but after the following couple days, it swelled up bigger than a golf ball & than the day after that, a big red rash. It took over a week for the swelling, rash & pain to completely go away. Supposedly the gear is suspended in soybean oil & I am not sure if I have ran gear in soybean oil, so I don't know if I had an allergic reaction to the oil or the vial is infected. After examining the vial days later, I noticed some oil had formed around the edges of the top. This led me to think it wasn't properly sealed & there is a greater chance it is infected. Obviously, I will at least pitch this one vial. I have several other vials that are for my next run, so here are my questions...

Do you think this is an allergic reaction or an infection? Pitch the rest of the gear or not? I considered popping the tops on the rest of the gear & seeing if there is oil around the edges before making my decision, but I have always waited until I am ready to run it before I pop the top. I guess if it's sealed right, it wouldn't matter. Any advice helps.

Safest bet is to throw it all out. I guess my decision would be based on how much I spent and how much I can afford. Thing is, if you end up getting an abscess from it then that is going to cost you a lot more in medical bills then just throwing it out. The amount of pain and trouble youll have to go through to clear up the infection is bad too, as well as the danger to your health.

I once got a bad abscess in my ass and had to have surgery to cut it out. The whole ordeal lasted about 2 and a half months as we waited for it to clear up by taking antibiotics. The antibiotics never got rid of it so I needed to have it cut out. Such a mess and pain. I had to daily pack the hole in my ass with gauze. When you pull out the old stuff it smells like rotted flesh.

If you decide to keep it, throw out at least the one vial you have used. Then youll need to get the other vials up to a proper temperature and after that I would filter them through a watkins.

If its a few vials of test just toss them. Not worth the hassle. You could pin a few units to see if its an allergic reaction but lets be real. Its just test. I would (and have) tossed multiple before and will do it again without thinking about it twice.

Safest bet is to throw it all out. I guess my decision would be based on how much I spent and how much I can afford. Thing is, if you end up getting an abscess from it then that is going to cost you a lot more in medical bills then just throwing it out. The amount of pain and trouble youll have to go through to clear up the infection is bad too, as well as the danger to your health.

I once got a bad abscess in my ass and had to have surgery to cut it out. The whole ordeal lasted about 2 and a half months as we waited for it to clear up by taking antibiotics. The antibiotics never got rid of it so I needed to have it cut out. Such a mess and pain. I had to daily pack the hole in my ass with gauze. When you pull out the old stuff it smells like rotted flesh.

If you decide to keep it, throw out at least the one vial you have used. Then youll need to get the other vials up to a proper temperature and after that I would filter them through a watkins.
Damn man. That sucks about the abscess. Kind of thing I'm trying to prevent. Thanks for the advice!

If its a few vials of test just toss them. Not worth the hassle. You could pin a few units to see if its an allergic reaction but lets be real. Its just test. I would (and have) tossed multiple before and will do it again without thinking about it twice.
It's sus, deca & tren. That's what's making it so hard to just toss it before making sure I'm making the best decision. Thanks for the feedback bro. All makes sense. Definitely leaning towards just pitching it.

Sooo, I had an experience with some gear that I have never had before & I am to a point where I can't make a solid decision on what to do about it.

I had planned to run a 16 week blast, but the brand of test I was running ran out before I finished the full 16 weeks, so I switched to a different brand of test. This is not something I usually do, but I had to improvise & this is some test I had saved for a while, so I went ahead & gave it a go. No sooner than I got done pinning it... It felt like fire! At first, I didn't sweat it to much, but after the following couple days, it swelled up bigger than a golf ball & than the day after that, a big red rash. It took over a week for the swelling, rash & pain to completely go away. Supposedly the gear is suspended in soybean oil & I am not sure if I have ran gear in soybean oil, so I don't know if I had an allergic reaction to the oil or the vial is infected. After examining the vial days later, I noticed some oil had formed around the edges of the top. This led me to think it wasn't properly sealed & there is a greater chance it is infected. Obviously, I will at least pitch this one vial. I have several other vials that are for my next run, so here are my questions...

Do you think this is an allergic reaction or an infection? Pitch the rest of the gear or not? I considered popping the tops on the rest of the gear & seeing if there is oil around the edges before making my decision, but I have always waited until I am ready to run it before I pop the top. I guess if it's sealed right, it wouldn't matter. Any advice helps.
Did you pin in your quads?
Was the ester ethanate?

MS

Only way to know is to pin each separately at different sites. Make sure to remember what you put and where. If you use something like a quarter of a cc, you should be able to tell whats causing the issue. You will probably be fine but you could get an abscess.

It could be a lot of things: You could be trying to put too much oil in one place. You might not be going deep enough. BA or BB too high. Allergic reaction to oil. Dirty gear. High dosed gear.

Grabbing a filter and doing the whole process for a few vials isn't worth the time imo. The amount of pressure and time it takes to move oil through a filter is not insignificant.

It's sus, deca & tren. That's what's making it so hard to just toss it before making sure I'm making the best decision. Thanks for the feedback bro. All makes sense. Definitely leaning towards just pitching it.

Only way to know is to pin each separately at different sites. Make sure to remember what you put and where. If you use something like a quarter of a cc, you should be able to tell whats causing the issue. You will probably be fine but you could get an abscess.

It could be a lot of things: You could be trying to put too much oil in one place. You might not be going deep enough. BA or BB too high. Allergic reaction to oil. Dirty gear. High dosed gear.

Grabbing a filter and doing the whole process for a few vials isn't worth the time imo. The amount of pressure and time it takes to move oil through a filter is not insignificant.
I was pinning 1 cc in the glute & up to that point, everything was going very well. I tossed the vial last night & I think tonight I will just go ahead, pop the tops and closely examine the other vials as well. I have never ran deca before & I was looking forward to giving it a go on my next run, so I'm hoping I don't have to toss it. If I do, I do. I'll just chalk it up to a loss & grab some more from somewhere else.

Heat and refilter bro very simple. Or if you don't want to go through the trouble toss it.but just don't go trying to inject it without what I mentioned

I was pinning 1 cc in the glute & up to that point, everything was going very well. I tossed the vial last night & I think tonight I will just go ahead, pop the tops and closely examine the other vials as well. I have never ran deca before & I was looking forward to giving it a go on my next run, so I'm hoping I don't have to toss it. If I do, I do. I'll just chalk it up to a loss & grab some more from somewhere else.
Once you take the tops off those vials, they will no longer be sterile. Youll need to get them to a proper temp to sterilize and then filter with a whatman. When you filter the oil when it is still pretty warm it goes through faster too.

Heat and refilter bro very simple. Or if you don't want to go through the trouble toss it.but just don't go trying to inject it without what I mentioned
Understood. Honestly, this is not a process I have done before, but I hear it is very simple. I have always just got my hands on the gear & used it, but I have also never had an issue like this. Probably something I should learn to do anyway, in case I run into another issue in the future. Thanks.

Once you take the tops off those vials, they will no longer be sterile. Youll need to get them to a proper temp to sterilize and then filter with a whatman. When you filter the oil when it is still pretty warm it goes through faster to

Once you take the tops off those vials, they will no longer be sterile. Youll need to get them to a proper temp to sterilize and then filter with a whatman. When you filter the oil when it is still pretty warm it goes through faster too.
I didn't pop those tops like I said I would. I was a little pissed & getting impatient, but I didn't want to chance making them to where they were no longer sterile. I don't have those filters & haven't done that process before, but it's time I tried it out. I need to learn it anyway, so I'll wait until I have what I need & go from there. Thanks.

I didn't pop those tops like I said I would. I was a little pissed & getting impatient, but I didn't want to chance making them to where they were no longer sterile. I don't have those filters & haven't done that process before, but it's time I tried it out. I need to learn it anyway, so I'll wait until I have what I need & go from there. Thanks.
Yeah, get the proper size filters. I can't remember the size needed. I think it's measured in micrometers, just not sure the #. Heat the vials in a pan of water with the water shallow, or some do in the oven. You'll have to vent the vials with a syringe needle so they don't explode when they heat up. Figure out the needed temperature. You can measure the temp of the water with a meat thermometer. I think 100 Celsius, boiling water, is hot enough.

Things that went wrong for me: melt the plastic on the needle when in the oven, vial tipped over in the pan of water (from boiling water)and water got sucked into the vial through the needle,, and1st time I did it I forgot to vent the vial. The stopper ends up blowing off.

Understood. Honestly, this is not a process I have done before, but I hear it is very simple. I have always just got my hands on the gear & used it, but I have also never had an issue like this. Probably something I should learn to do anyway, in case I run into another issue in the future. Thanks.
Well you can't talk about brew here om me if you want

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420