over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tossed from Gym Rant

fuck them tell them you wont do it. and train your wife anyway. whats the worst thats gonne happen.

wow i am surprised they have the balls to tell 2 paying costumers (that pay good money and probably have been there a while) that bullshit!!! Its not like your training clients, its your wife...

Tell them your very upset that this was even said to you. If they are persistent tell them you want your money back and you were unaware that you couldn't give your own family pointers and inspiration while they work out.

Fuck them

Thats bullshit bro..id prolly have to switch gyms!!! I cant believe that they cannot make exceptions for training your own wife...come on now:rolleyes:

Both at $120 a month???? You get free massages and free tanning and free training and free yoga classes?

HAHAHAHAHAHA no bro, I am not a high roller like you and Diesel City! :p I train at power house gym and we only pay $19 a month a piece. But they do allow you to use the house phone if it's a local call! LOL

That's one good thing about living in Arkansas. Maybe the people here are a bit behind the rest of the USA, BUT if that's how the USA is going to be, then that's a good thing! Jeeeeeeezzzzzz, this country!

So, I've been training my wife at our gym for the last couple of months. We're both paying members and have been for the last 4 years. Today this PT comes over to tell me that they are going to cancel our membership because I'm training her. I've yet to hear from their management around this issue, although I did see where they posted new rules about training people all over the gym. So here are some options:

1) Find a new gym and move on. (No problem this corporate gym sucks anyways)

2) Get a certification, get a job there, and take their clients. (I really don't have the time for such a thing, but I can sell.:cool:)

As much as I'd like to be a vindictive A hole, I really just don't have the energy for it...

wow thats some bullshit! a PT telling you that you are being cancelled for training your wife? that guy needs to mind his own business.

Tell him the same thing I've told the cheese dick trainers at my gym

"go mind your fucking buisness and have your manager come talk to me"

I haven't heard form a manager yet

blowing your stack with them isn;t going to get you anywhere. I think I would address the manager of the facility then talk to the owner if that didn't work. Kill them with kindness but make your point very known that you pay an ungodly amount of money to workout. Plus its your wife that your training, they really have no say so. Its the PT ploy to push for $$$.

On another note you could probably cut that at least in half and put the other half towards diet, supplements, or whatever. That's insane

blowing your stack with them isn;t going to get you anywhere. I think I would address the manager of the facility then talk to the owner if that didn't work. Kill them with kindness but make your point very known that you pay an ungodly amount of money to workout. Plus its your wife that your training, they really have no say so. Its the PT ploy to push for $$$.

On another note you could probably cut that at least in half and put the other half towards diet, supplements, or whatever. That's insane

My 4 year old loves the outdoor pool, and all of the other stuff she gets to do there.

I'll have a better feel for how it's going to go tomorrow, we called the GM.

If the manager isn't responding find the owner/owner(s) and talk with them.

I do the same thing with my wife and I haven't had any issues so far. That PT needs to go or be retrained. He is going to end up losing business for himself with his bad attitude and members for the gym.

Tell him the same thing I've told the cheese dick trainers at my gym

"go mind your fucking buisness and have your manager come talk to me"

I haven't heard form a manager yet

lmao hahahaha thats funny id say the same thing tho

insight i guess

As the operational manager of a "corporate" gym, I figured I'd throw my two cents in.

Like most of the guys on the board said....that is some bullshit. However, the rules about training other members are there for a reason, that reason being-you guessed it-to sell training. Which, love it or hate it, a gym is a business, training makes money...do the math.

But, and this is a big but, the argument here is that its your wife. Last week I had to revoke the membership of a dude who I knew I recognized, but couldnt place from where. He kept showing up and "helping" different people...now, I "train" my girlfriend, and I know the difference between training a friend/partner and training a client. Then I realized where I know this fucker from, and its the OWNER OF THE GYM DOWN THE STREET. Dude has been signing up people for training at his shitbox and telling them to sign up with us, and then training them on our vastly superior equipment. Bottom line, dude is gone.

Clearly, this situation is different than yours. The situation I described is what the rule is for, not two paying members who are married and training. Where I work, a trainer has no say (zero, zip, nada) in, well, anything. For him to come up to you and say that, well, it means...nothing.

I would bring it up to a *real* manager, and politely. When people come up to me ranting like madmen I have a hard time even giving a shit about their point because they are coming off like every other moron I deal with...loud, abrasive, and stupid. Explain to them, "hey, I work out here with my wife, I "train" her, and one of your PT guys has been threatening to revoke my membership. Just wanted to make you aware, and let you know that a.)I want to continue to work out here, and b.)I want to continue to work out here with my wife without being hassled."

I would hear you out, and ultimately ream out the trainer. But what do I know? Again, people are stupid.

/end rant

So, I've been training my wife at our gym for the last couple of months. We're both paying members and have been for the last 4 years. Today this PT comes over to tell me that they are going to cancel our membership because I'm training her. I've yet to hear from their management around this issue, although I did see where they posted new rules about training people all over the gym. So here are some options:

1) Find a new gym and move on. (No problem this corporate gym sucks anyways)

2) Get a certification, get a job there, and take their clients. (I really don't have the time for such a thing, but I can sell.:cool:)

As much as I'd like to be a vindictive A hole, I really just don't have the energy for it...

How the hell can anyone justify throwing you out for training your wife?! That is absolutely absurd. I would get with management. It's probably just because you're bigger than the rest of them boss! LOL

This PT is at the bottom of the foodchain and is expendable. If that happened to me, I would complain..if it is a corporate gym..send letters, phone calls to the corporate office, mention your longstanding membership, your influence in your local community, and your disappointment with the level of service rendered. Chances are this guy will be scrubbing shitters if he's not out of work soon after, not to mention send a strong message to anyone else who feels empowered to play god. This is your wife, who the hell is he to try and take MORE of your $$$ much less threaten your membership.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131