over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Total Test vs. Free Test

sub7percent

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
I have been thinking about this for a while. Is there any reason for the focus on total test when using exogenous testosterone on cycle? Other than to guage the potency of your gear, aren't we really concerned with unbound testosterone? the question being, does bound testosterone have any function?

for example, I see some tests come back with total test around 3,000 and free test around 100; however, one of my last cycles when I was using low dose anadrol, my total test was 1,300 and free test was a whopping 900.

am I not better off using 2-300mg test along with a low dose mast, proviron, etc that will impact SHBG than using more test?

I've sid this several times but I'll say it again.

Your Total/Serum Test Levels mean squat as far as building LBM.
FREE is what you want elevated.

You should strive for both to be a tad bit above mid-range.
It doesn't help to be too far off the charts, especially for your lipids.

If your Total is high and your Free is low, all the test is swimming in your albumen doing ziltch!

You would correct this problem by using Test dosed much less than Mast,
for example.

-MT

I have been thinking about this for a while. Is there any reason for the focus on total test when using exogenous testosterone on cycle? Other than to guage the potency of your gear, aren't we really concerned with unbound testosterone? the question being, does bound testosterone have any function?

for example, I see some tests come back with total test around 3,000 and free test around 100; however, one of my last cycles when I was using low dose anadrol, my total test was 1,300 and free test was a whopping 900.

am I not better off using 2-300mg test along with a low dose mast, proviron, etc that will impact SHBG than using more test?

I've sid this several times but I'll say it again.

Your Total/Serum Test Levels mean squat as far as building LBM.
FREE is what you want elevated.

You should strive for both to be a tad bit above mid-range.
It doesn't help to be too far off the charts, especially for your lipids.

If your Total is high and your Free is low, all the test is swimming in your albumen doing ziltch!

You would correct this problem by using Test dosed much less than Mast,
for example.

-MT

Mini Truck,

Most labs I see have 1197 as the max for total test levels. What is the max free test you have seen or would recommend to stay in the upper range?

I can attest to what tmt said here ... Been doing low dosed test 100-200mg/week + higher dosed masteron for years. Without the masteron in there my free test is lower than low.

Hey War,

Ranges vary quite a bit depending on the lab.
Just keep an eye on the level ranges usually in (a-b) next to each of your numbers, for everything, not just Test Levels.

But for Test purposes, find the middle number and try to float it 20-30
points above mid range. Pre contest, this rule doesn't apply in most cases.

They key ingredient is frequent lab work from a good internist.
I do mine every 3 months.
But every 4 months is fine.
Every 6 is too long IMO.

-MT

Mini Truck,

Most labs I see have 1197 as the max for total test levels. What is the max free test you have seen or would recommend to stay in the upper range?

Yes, Mast is the best drug to raise your Free levels.

But some guys have prostrate issue from Mast.
And many claim they lose hair on Mast.

But as I mentioned above, frequent labs and making adjustments
is the only way to stay as healthy as possible if using gear, even Rx HRT.

-MT

I can attest to what tmt said here ... Been doing low dosed test 100-200mg/week + higher dosed masteron for years. Without the masteron in there my free test is lower than low.

Total test vs Free test, this is now a very controversial subject due to the discovery of a membrane receptor for SHBG.

Actually it has always been somewhat controversial, some TRT doctors have been saying from their personal experience that total test matters, not free test.

The common medical dogma has always been that only Free test matters, the reason why is that SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) binds that "non-free" test and "inactivates" it.

This was thought to be a kind of storage method for extra testosterone in the blood.

It turns out that SHBG actually has a receptor on the MEMBRANE of the cell (unlike the AR which is inside the cell) and that SHBG actually TRANSPORTS the bound sex hormone into the cell, delivers it to the AR, and even (mysteriously) modifies the transcription that takes place after the hormone is bound.

This is all rather cutting edge biochemistry, but it's been known for about 15 years to organic chemists. You can do a search for "SHBG membrane receptor" and find some information about it. Or you can PM me and I will send you more information about SHBG.

Total test vs Free test, this is now a very controversial subject due to the discovery of a membrane receptor for SHBG.

Actually it has always been somewhat controversial, some TRT doctors have been saying from their personal experience that total test matters, not free test.

The common medical dogma has always been that only Free test matters, the reason why is that SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) binds that "non-free" test and "inactivates" it.

This was thought to be a kind of storage method for extra testosterone in the blood.

It turns out that SHBG actually has a receptor on the MEMBRANE of the cell (unlike the AR which is inside the cell) and that SHBG actually TRANSPORTS the bound sex hormone into the cell, delivers it to the AR, and even (mysteriously) modifies the transcription that takes place after the hormone is bound.

This is all rather cutting edge biochemistry, but it's been known for about 15 years to organic chemists. You can do a search for "SHBG membrane receptor" and find some information about it. Or you can PM me and I will send you more information about SHBG.

So you're saying that there is a mechanism for getting the bound test into the receptors?

this certainly is news to me.... very interesting.

But getting LEGIT Mast Enanthate seems difficult. Or has been for me.

I can find good prop, but I hate the pinning eod..

so we do still want a higher free test....but total test is still being used at the AR? So ideally we want both

And maybe high (or at least not low) SHBG is a good thing.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131