over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Trainer said no Milk Thistle

swolls

Registered
I was searching through the threads to see if anyone has said much about this and didn't see it. While on cycle my trainer said no milk thistle because it has anti-androgenic properties. I also found an article on it too. Not sure how reliable it is. I'll post the link to it here. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Milk Thistle – good for the liver, bad for androgen receptors.

Gotta weight out the pro's and cons. Healthy liver or slightly more androgenic temporarily. I know what I'd go with.

Kind of like a race car driver not wearing a seat belt because it adds a little bit of drag.

A) Your trainer is basing his info on this article? Have you asked for studies to show proof? He should be able to provide better info.

B) What do 99% of people say about milk thistles benefits? What do 99% of people say about it hindering a cycle?

C) What have you experienced?

I'm sure your trainer is intelligent... But this seems like a nutty idea. I can't possibly see anybody being able to produce quantifiable data that would show a disadvantage by taking Milk Thistle. I'll keep wearing my seat belt wondering where the .023lbs of missing muscle is.

Why not go with something like liv 52 ? One of the best things out there there has been PROVEN over and over the effectiveness on liver health supplementation.

Yep, more and more I read about the downside of milk thistle being detrimental especially while using orals. With that being said, if it were the only thing effective, or the most effective at protecting your liver I would still use it. However there are much better things out, like liv52., sythetek's product, et. al. Not to mention that liv52 is far better protection than milk thistle. After seeing elevated liver values on different compounds on two separate cycles using milk thistle and NAC, and then seeing normal/low values running two orals at once on liv52, I'm going to side with liv52. It is probably unknown if liv52 degrades the performance of orals, or has any degradation as far receptors go, I'm still going to use it.

When I was picking up a liver supplement yesterday I was going to go with liver armour. Thats when he told me to go with LIV52 for now until I come off. I'm not basing the info on the article, I was looking online to see if there was any research to justify not using milk thistle, came across that.

Big Dave, personally I have always taken it whether i'm on or off. To be honest I have not noticed any negatives from it.

I appreciate all the replies.

Hardly any silymarin makes it into circulation. I think the amount in the bloodstream after an oral dose is on the order of 1%. Unless you are eating it by the spoonful it isn't going to do anything outside the liver and digestive tract.

Screw all milk thistle, even Carsil.

Why compromise when Synthergine is readily available?

its well known to be anti-androgenic.... but I think when guys like us are shooting even trt doses of testosterone let alone an actual cycle or blast any effect milk thistle has negatively on androgen will not be noticeable what so ever.... thats how I have come to view it after avoiding it for years.

Gotta keep health in mind.

Screw all milk thistle, even Carsil.

Why compromise when Synthergine is readily available?

Exactly...There is no better tool available to assist in protecting the liver!!

Anthony Roberts wrote it, so that fact discredits the entire "article" for me.

Get Synthergine it did a helluva lot for me both on and off a cycle for keeping the liver healthy ...it's as great product very high quality......Liv52 was ineffective in comparison especially after they did the reformulation years ago.

Anthony Roberts wrote it, so that fact discredits the entire "article" for me.

Get Synthergine it did a helluva lot for me both on and off a cycle for keeping the liver healthy ...it's as great product very high quality......Liv52 was ineffective in comparison especially after they did the reformulation years ago.

Interesting, do you have any labwork to back this up? Just curious. I'm looking into liver protectants myself.

Liver enzyme tests are not an effective way to test liver protectants because exercise itself causes AST and ALT to be all over the place, in addition to millions of possible environmental factors that alter AST/ALT.

MT doesn't do as much for the the type of liver stress caused by methylated orals anyway (from what I've read). You're better off using NAC, TUDCA, ALA and Liv52. Not really sure what the Liv52 hype is about. No magic ingredients.

Anyone try TN's Detox...thoughts?

I thought the consensus on here was that most Milk thistle lacked the active part of the herb or something to that affect, and that NAC and Liv 52 are superior?

Is synthergine really that great? whats the active ingredient that does most of the work? I am sorry but I have to ask because I am skeptical of people pumping supps they sell. Thanks.

what does Needtogetaas know about receptors. hes about the size of my leg. he needs to gain another 70 pounds before i listen to a word he says... and isnt that the same person recommending vitamins and "herbs" for pct.

Lastly, where is the link to the study? he probably just made that up on the spot to push his little herbs and vitamins pct bs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity