over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Trainers on this Board

read it as you want Phil, but if i wanted a baby sitter my gym offers childcare already.

I don't think you read between the lines in my posts, i'm asking this as a point of reference so others can learn and maybe have a better understanding and expectation of their trainers(when not face2face in person). Have a great day!

and to add, the man i work with has many clients, and a life&family outside of this work, i would never expect to be the focus of any one persons attention(even my wife), i dont think the expectations of communication fall outside reasonable, and haven't overstepped my bounds either with him.

Last edited:
The onus is definitely on the client to ask the necessary questions as things progress. I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, but how does the trainer know your concerns without hearing them from you directly? If you send a number of emails without any response for days and weeks on end, then I'd be concerned, but that doesn't seem to be an issue with any of the noted trainers on this board. They have reputations to uphold AND a genuine interest in seeing their clients succeed as far as I'm concerned.

If you send a number of emails without any response for days and weeks on end, then I'd be concerned, but that doesn't seem to be an issue with any of the noted trainers on this board. They have reputations to uphold AND a genuine interest in seeing their clients succeed as far as I'm concerned.

I have always gotten a timely response, they all speak thru their work. Again i just wanted this to serve as a point of reference. Now if the trainer was also telepathic, i could see paying a premium :lightbulb:

Last edited:
I don't babysit clients but I do ask that they send weekly updates.

The onus is definitely on the client to ask the necessary questions as things progress. I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, but how does the trainer know your concerns without hearing them from you directly? If you send a number of emails without any response for days and weeks on end, then I'd be concerned, but that doesn't seem to be an issue with any of the noted trainers on this board. They have reputations to uphold AND a genuine interest in seeing their clients succeed as far as I'm concerned.

I totally agree with this. You are paying for their expertise so if you have a question or concern, ASK! Online trainers are not cyber-space mind readers. At the same time, I think its worth mentioning that your questions should not be trivial or should you be inconsiderate of their time (15 questions fired off in 15 emails in 15 minutes). Organize your thoughts, feedback or concerns, then ASK. You should not expect to own their lives for the next few months for a few hundred dollars… lol

I am also an "approved" trainer but I don't live in the LA area.

Skip

^^^^^^^^

I worked with skip before and I can said he is one of the best around in the business...you get what you paid for...

I've been working with Phil for a couple months now and have never expected him to email me out of the blue and ask how my training is going. I follow exactly what he has laid out for me and ask questions when I do not understand something or just need reassurance. I have been making the best progress I have ever made so far. When I begin to plateau......I will ask if in doing something incorrectly or if something needs to be adjusted. I'm sure some people ask more questions than others. This has worked great for me.........but........I was looking for a teacher, not a babysitter.

I am also an "approved" trainer but I don't live in the LA area.

Skip

Correct! Sorry about that Skip. I double checked and your names on the approved list also. My mistake

Anytime I have emailed Phil, he gets right back to me and I'm not even a paying client yet! I completely understand what Phil is saying and am not sure why the OP doesn't.

This sport, hobby, etc. is about personal accountability first! Without that, it doesn't matter who your trainer is!!

I recommend Phil

I’m an old timer. I Thought I knew a lot. I found out I knew very little. Phil is definitely one of the most knowledgeable trainers and B.B.'s that I have hired to train me.

Phil does answer your questions very fast. I believe if all is well and you haven't hit a plateau. Then there is no need to take up his time.
I will hire him again very soon. Of course if he allows this.

I've been working with Phil for a couple months now and have never expected him to email me out of the blue and ask how my training is going. I follow exactly what he has laid out for me and ask questions when I do not understand something or just need reassurance. I have been making the best progress I have ever made so far. When I begin to plateau......I will ask if in doing something incorrectly or if something needs to be adjusted. I'm sure some people ask more questions than others. This has worked great for me.........but........I was looking for a teacher, not a babysitter.

You're just throwing extremes out. Really, Phil and whoever else hired a trainer pretty much told themselves that they cannot do it themselves. They need some guidance, and they need some help. Hence, the acquisition, it's not a babysitter but a tutor. Not a teacher, but a tutor.

No, they shouldn't check in with you in an overly controlled fashion, but they should certainly check in on you at least weekly.

You hired a teacher? Here's a better analogy than this babysitter crap in this thread.

A bad teacher tells you just to read chapters 1-4, do homework for it, and when you're stuck, we'll take a look at it. Instead, a good teacher will make sure you did chapter 1 right so you do chapter 2 right, chapter 3, etc. This whole process is off the basis of accumulation of long and quality daily work.

Asking for weekly check ups is nothing out of the world. Communication is a huge part of this. It's why we signed up. I struggled on my own, I life a relatively busy life, and do need some help. Hence, I hired Alex.

I just signed with Phil and already got a special attention i never expected. For the small fee they charge for a years training service and you can email them anytime and get a response back in a timely manner how can you lose!!

Actually a responsible teacher would call on kids who aren't participating and active, especially if they are validated upon student performance instead of image. They would call on all their students in a given class, hoping that class size isn't more then the teacher can handle in any given semester. Some teachers take on too many students

Every trainer had their own style, but if you are paid to lead and never solicit feedback nor request it at specific intervals, how does the trainer know their plan is working, even if said client is following verbatim? Every bodys body is different and responds different but how would they even know it?

Also to be clear i work with a trainer online, and have had some great results so far that wouldn't have been possible without his guidance! It's up to me to implement it, and i kill myself to do so, i bitch and moan but in the end the results speak louder then my voice ever could.

this would be true if we were talking about grammar school...but i hope we are all mature men and women responsible for ourselves and using this analogy we should be talking about college professor who would not waste his time with that student who is not taking the proactive approach

you can use the analogy however you like, i'm just voicing a position.

i'm happy with the progress i've made, but since there wasn't much information for me to see upfront on other people's experiances, etc i felt it positive to get this out in the open. I know when i'm done with my program i will have the results i expected, nuff said.

no trainer will push the weights, cook and eat the food and keep you in line 24/7, that is your own job

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity