over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training A body part 2-3x A week

mexikaz

Registered
I was doing Squats early this week and after 4 sets i realized i was late for a very important meeting, So i grabbed my stuff and left. Then I decided to do squats again today . I thought i would be b weak but i was just as strong. Then i thought to my self, instead of doing squats , leg presses, hacks , extensions.... would i continue to progress if i did squats only for 3-4 sets 2-3 a week instead of all the other leg stuff since squats are so Superior for growth?? also what if i did the same for all other body parts? any input would be great.

You could do that but I imagine a point would be reached where you would have to back down to 1 time a week for a period then rotate back into that higher frequency/volume.

I usually train a weaker body part twice a week, one normal day than a quick session after another body part, if you're eating and sleeping it should be good.

chest/back/abs
quads/hams/calves
shoulders/arms/abs
chest/back/abs
quads/hams/calves
shoulders/arms/abs
OFF

this is my training split now
so chest/back/arms/shoulders is trained 2-3 times/week (if we count undirect work too)
and growing like never before while staying at the same bf
and eating at 4500-5000cals, with minimal aas but more hgh and hgh peptides

surprised noone mentioned smolov cycles yet... you should read into it.

as far as i remember you essentially squat heavy every training day and this smolov routine is supposed to be outstanding for strength gains (works for squat and bench afaik)

Yes

Low volume, high frequency works fine...but you have to make each working rep count....add stiff leg deads to your squats and you are golden.

I usually train a weaker body part twice a week, one normal day than a quick session after another body part, if you're eating and sleeping it should be good.

This approach helped me to bring up my arms in a big way, I fully back this.

chest/back/abs
quads/hams/calves
shoulders/arms/abs
chest/back/abs
quads/hams/calves
shoulders/arms/abs
OFF

this is my training split now
so chest/back/arms/shoulders is trained 2-3 times/week (if we count undirect work too)
and growing like never before while staying at the same bf
and eating at 4500-5000cals, with minimal aas but more hgh and hgh peptides

Hey tr
Mind sharing a little more indepth on your workouts? Exercises, # of sets/reps etc..
Thanks

Dc training works the same groups multiple times in a short period. I love it. It works well for my body.

It really just depends on intensity and recovery. Someone not on steroids probably could not train every body part more than once per week without losing gains.

Low volume, high frequency works fine...but you have to make each working rep count....add stiff leg deads to your squats and you are golden.

im already doing stiff leg deads on my leg days.

btw i did back and chest yesterday again and i also was just as strong.
im going try doing low volume high intensity 2x a week for lets say 2 months and see how i feel. think i will post results

Hey tr
Mind sharing a little more indepth on your workouts? Exercises, # of sets/reps etc..
Thanks

The first back/chest (mon) and quads/hams (tue) workouts are heavy in 6-10 rep range and I do mostly barbell/db work 3-4 exercises 3-4 sets but only 1 maybe 2 last sets to failure.
Then on wed, thurs, fri I do lighter shoulders/arms, back/chest and quad/ham workouts - no sets to failure, some supersets, giantsets, sets are in 12-15 reps range, even go to 20 reps for legs and arms, again 3-4 exercises 3-4 sets
my sat shoulder/arm workout - heavy as workouts on mon and tue.

I alternate this with regular - body part once a week split
back
chest
quads
shoulders
arms
hams
off

week1-bp 2 times week
week2-bp 1 time a week
repeat the cycle
after 3-4 cycles - few weeks deload or a week off

I was doing Squats early this week and after 4 sets i realized i was late for a very important meeting, So i grabbed my stuff and left. Then I decided to do squats again today . I thought i would be b weak but i was just as strong. Then i thought to my self, instead of doing squats , leg presses, hacks , extensions.... would i continue to progress if i did squats only for 3-4 sets 2-3 a week instead of all the other leg stuff since squats are so Superior for growth?? also what if i did the same for all other body parts? any input would be great.

I think there are phases where you can do this to bring up a lagging bodypart or something but if you do this often you will surely end up overtraining.

Overtraining (in general nowadays)=overparanoia

I find it very sad that now people are asking whether it is okay to work a bodypart more than once a week when it used to be accepted and was used with great/phenomenal results.

I hit everything twice a week, i go ABCABC rest day

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner