over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training abs, who does not?

Do you train abs/core directly?

• Yes. The same as I do quadriceps. With resistance and intensly.

Votes: 75 41.0%
  • No. Compound lifts are plenty.

Votes: 108 59.0%

• Total voters
Anyone who does NOT train abdominals regularly does NOT have an awesome mid-section, period.

Serge Nubret had better abdominal development than any Mr. O in the last 10 years...Modern BB is a joke.

I really like the keiser abdominal crunch.

I used to train abs religiously using progressive weights (DC training) but recently I've incorporated more 'core' movements into my routine such as get-ups and stir-the-pot on a swiss ball.

In my case with a couple days of cardio and squats 2x week and a pretty clean diet I stay lean with a little help from my HGH so I do not focus and isolate my abs. Keeping my BF low is my key to a visual 6 pack and I also must not ingest much sodium. I feel my abs are strong cause of years of squats and deads and everything inbetween and become "visible" when I stay under 7-8% fat. Plus I hate all that ab work anyway.

I never get motivated about ab training, if anything maybe once a week but it's a weak workout.

I never have never will. as long as my waist is small enough to make the rest of me look big im cool with that. I dont compete and dont go below 10% really so never gonna have awsome abs

Don't we have a few Ifbb pros around here?
Lets hear what the pros do or don't do...Opinions?

I am not a pro and my waist is admittedly a little bit on the wider side but i do abs infrequently at best. When i do them i do the same exercise EVERY time, hanging leg raises. I really exhale and contract and really focus on the squeeze, this is a vast departure from my other exercises where i am more focussed o throwing around some slag iron(in a controlled manner of course)=-)

Indeed my friend. You want a pro's opinion, in an older thread Phil basically said the same as me and bigswole.

the only ab work out I get is screwing my girlfriend like a jack rabbit.. I don't compete and don't plan to but if I did then I would probably train them in the gym as well as in the bed room.

the only ab work out I get is screwing my girlfriend like a jack rabbit.. I don't compete and don't plan to but if I did then I would probably train them in the gym as well as in the bed room.
Hello !:headbang:

Now a days i am the member of loss angles boot camp..
Its really good gym club that is really have good trainers in their gym..

After reading a few posts by Phil about working out abs and also looking in the mirror from the side during certain exercises, I decided to completely stop doing abs. Just the other day I glanced over at myself to the mirror next to me while doing standing barbell curls and during the contraction I noticied my abs would flex and upper abs would almost stick out as far as my chest! And I have a very flat stomach. Even before, I rarely and infrequently trained abs and now they're almost getting too thick, so I'm avoiding them all I can now.

i just remember when i was younger (like the starting of my working out) my biggest concern was trying to get Abs. But i was not as educated in bodybuilding then as I am now...so between sloppy diet and excessive drinking i never achieved the "washboard stomach" i so desired. Now...i could care less about Abs, as I prefer to get size and actually mold and shape my body. I do however work on Abs when i have the energy...or when im tired of my girlfriend nagging me about doing them with her. But i do think working on the "core" is neccessary to do, as a stronger core ties into other exercises...if you know what I mean.

I need train it more cause I don't dissensions much as I should

For those who do train abs, and train them hard, what exercises and sets and reps do you use?

I really like rope crunches at the moment, they seem to be really effective.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear