over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training after surgery

9muscle9

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So I had a bit of a drama in my life and had to have surgery after having a perforated stomach ulcer that split the side wall of my stomach. Im almost recovered from the surgery and have lost about 40lbs.

I plan on getting back to training by the middle of june.

Im currently 6'1 and 203lbs around about 13-14% bodyfat.

my goal is to get back up to the size I was at before. I managed to get there with pretty basic cycles of 500-750mg of anabolics per week. Im going to train for 6 weeks completely natural and try to get up to 220lbs again before jumping on a cycle, Im hoping for a sort of bounce back effect after not training for a while and not eating massive amounts of food for a few months.

If anyone has had any experiences like this, id really like to their experience on how difficult it is to get back into full on training.

In my experience with surgeries you ask your doctor how much time you should be off of physical activities and triple or quadruple that. If a doc tells me 2 months I'll get back very lightly in 5 or 6 months minimum.

I can completely relate: I just finished a string of three major surgeries... complete removal of colon and large intestine... I lived with Ulcerative Colitis for 11 yrs, tried all kinds of different methods of fixes... nothing worked. So last sept 21, 2012 was my first of the three ( totalectomy with a stoma... colostmy bag ) yup. Had major complications that almost killed me..... renal failure, high temp 104+, and a total blockage in my small intestine....
After staying in the hospital for 34 days, I felt pretty rested and thought I was ready for some light cardio... man was that a huge mistake, ( by the way, that was the very next day after leaving the hospital ) what a bonehead!!! So I went home took some pain meds and waited for three weeks of just lying around, up and dwn the stairs, walking our dog.
I had 4months between first n second surgery, so I gradually adding weight training... nver any squats, everything was seated so I could have a controled movement with super light weight....
After the third and final surgery: I waited an entire month before going back to the gym.... two on and one off. Light to start but burning the muscle groups out which didnt take very long.
So not only listen to your Dr. but more importantly listen to your body.....
I lost 60lbs. Remember how long it took us to get to the weight we wanted to acheive, many years of hard training. I'm no longer emaciated, looking and feeling stronger. But I haven't gain a single pound, but none the less. The muscle is coming back. Im running a natty of sus, yren @ 1cc and deca every other week....

my experience with Dr's is that they are very conservative in there estimates. and they agree with that when i have spoke with them. they are not going to tell you to do some thing that will cause you injury as they would have a legal case against them if they did. i listen to my body and try NOT to do what i want but what seems to be what i need.

You will have to take both your diet and workouts slowly. Take at least a month off and than gradually increase your diet and weight training volume.

One of my patients this week had a subtotal gastrectomy for stomach cancer. She is 35 years old. She has been smoking since 14 years of age and has five children with five different partners. POD 1 she is complaining about every little thing. So what does she decide to do, eat a large meal from McDonald's that her boyfriend snuck into the room. Next day she perforated her anastomosis and had to go back to the OR. She might die.

This is an extreme example but don't make this same mistake. Take things slowly. There is no rush.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131