over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training and Cardio

Tough Old Man

Kilo Klub Member
I have no facts to back the following up..I was in my weightroom doing cardio right after Lifting and heard the following on KNX a Los Angeles news channel..

It said for those looking to lose fat, to do cardio the following way..It is to be divided into two sessions 20 minutes apart...It said if you do 1 hr of cardio a day to do 30 mins take a 20 min break and complete the remainding 30 mins. It said that this would result in a 20% additional fat loss over doing 1 hr straight..It said it also applied to those who lift weights..Lift your weights, take a 20 min break and then do your cardio..

T.O.M

Hmm. thats interesting, I'd be curious to see what some of the nutrition/training experts on here have to say about that at a phsyiological level...?? hint hint

I'll try to dig it up but there was a recent University study that confirmed these results. The break in between resulted in a significant increase in fat burned during the second cardio session. Not sure I have the time to do it but it MIGHT be worth it.

I'll try to dig it up but there was a recent University study that confirmed these results. The break in between resulted in a significant increase in fat burned during the second cardio session. Not sure I have the time to do it but it MIGHT be worth it.
Find it if you have the time...It did say something about speeding up the metabolism.

I jst found this..

Enhancement of fat metabolism by repeated bouts of moderate endurance exercise
Kazushige Goto,1,2 Naokata Ishii,1 Ayuko Mizuno,3 and Kaoru Takamatsu3
1Department of Life Sciences, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, University of Tokyo, Komaba, Tokyo, Japan; 2Institute of Sports Medicine, Bispebjerg Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark; and 3Institute of Health and Sport Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan

Submitted 17 November 2006 ; accepted in final form 19 February 2007

This study compared the fat metabolism between "a single bout of prolonged exercise" and "repeated bouts of exercise" of equivalent exercise intensity and total exercise duration. Seven men performed three trials: 1) a single bout of 60-min exercise (Single); 2) two bouts of 30-min exercise, separated by a 20-min rest between exercise bouts (Repeated); and 3) rest. Each exercise was performed with a cycle ergometer at 60% of maximal oxygen uptake. In the Single and Repeated trials, serum glycerol, growth hormone, plasma epinephrine, and norepinephrine concentrations increased significantly (P < 0.05) during the first 30-min exercise bout. In the Repeated trial, serum free fatty acids (FFA), acetoacetate, and 3-hydroxybutyrate concentrations showed rapid increases (P < 0.05) during a subsequent 20-min rest period. During the second 30-min exercise bout, FFA and epinephrine responses were significantly greater in the Repeated trial than in the Single trial (P < 0.05). Moreover, the Repeated trial showed significantly lower values of insulin and glucose than the Single trial. During the 60-min recovery period after the exercise, FFA, glycerol, and 3-hydroxybutyrate concentrations were significantly higher in the Repeated trial than in the Single trial (P < 0.05). The relative contribution of fat oxidation to the energy expenditure showed significantly higher values (P < 0.05) in the Repeated trial than in the Single trial during the recovery period. These results indicate that repeated bouts of exercise cause enhanced fat metabolism compared with a single bout of prolonged exercise of equivalent total exercise duration.

lipolysis; epinephrine; insulin; glucose

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear