over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

training... back to basics?

Great thread old friend. Had my shoulder surgery a week ago (elbow and knee surgery coming up as well) so I will be coming back in the spring of next year at the earliest. I'm miserable right now, muscle is disappearing fast BUT I'm thinking big picture. Why? Back about 10 years ago when my liver gave out I was at rock bottom, recovering from surgery and small as fuck. I lost every ounce of muscle I ever put on, down to 190lbs which is super skinny on my frame. Scrawny as fuck.

Long story short, within 2 years I shot up to 305lbs. Bigger and stronger then ever. How? HRT dose of 200mg test cyp/week, lots of food and very basic, heavy DC training 3 days a week. At some point I lost my way and let higher doses and more complicated training take over and things just went nowhere and regressed in a lot of ways over time.

My point is your point. BACK TO BASICS. I'm just like you and so many of us, more is better and we forget what got us there. We rely on drugs to do all the work. At some point we must face truth. And thats where your at right now.
Same for me. You will love your comeback if you do it right.

As for me, I'm not doing anything besides cardio during the next few months of recovery. HRT down to 100mg/week(maybe even drop it for a couple months and just do hcg with arimidex to completely rewire), and IF 16/8 diet the rest of the way. I don't care how small I get, fuck it. Because when my comeback starts, fuck everybody lol. I will be healthier then ever and look fucking awesome.

You can do this my brother, just do it right. Looking forward to the feedback you will be getting.

brotha!!!!
happy to see you!
dont get down dude! it will be ok!
maybe this thread can help you out too.

i like you have had those ups n downs...

my last ground up was 2009. i was down to... 170 ish!!! lol
had gone from 270+ to that in VERY short orderr.no need for details. lol:cool:

so starting at 170 and older... 30ish i had time to think and apply some new knowlagde.

for me, that mean not eating.
since 2009 i have not eaten all day. like pretty :cool:much never, even no gym i still dont eat until 5 ish.

that has been the key to staying leaner and not crossing 250.
i have various reasons for staying small, mostly lets be real... my life is not so clean. lol

anywho

only eating for a few hrs ed has also really allowed me to see the drug thing.

before 09 i dabbled in higher doses once, just before leaving the world but really stayed with food and heavy training. true old scholl dc approach.
with recovery meds and all for a while.

if i dont eat i dont grow.

thats the point reenforced over and over.

that said.

i have always been a carnivore, i just love meat!
i have had to give life an honest look and really its stupid for me to eat like that. my diet thoughts are all about health. my health. lol

veggies!!!! never really liked them. but! i am fuck all determind to eat them! gotta grow up sometime. so that my big focus here, dropping some meat n carbs for veg.

ill go a lil more into detail about what im gona do n where i been but this is what im talkign about!

learn from your past bro!
get right in your head!

if you down into that 200 range dont push to go back up, youre old now! lol

here is your chance to be slim n sexy! lol :headbang:

stay with it bud

Been away for a while due to life events, but when I see a good bro call out for help, I gotta jump in. There is so much good advice here from some guys that have been around the block a few times.

When I see LK3's post, I don't see a request for, "do this or that"....I see a man searching for a reason to make himself WANT to treat himself right. That is step 1....identify the reason that YOU want to do this. LK3 has just as much knowledge on training/diet as anyone. He knows what to do. More importantly, he knows what to do FOR HIM. At least he/we all should at some point.

So back to "what is driving ME?" For some it's vanity, for some it's control, for others it's an escape from the everyday. It doesn't matter, but what does matter is that it's so important to you that you will not trade it for anything, and will do what it takes to achieve it........EVERY day.

"Back to basics" is kind of covered above with training and diet. But the truth is, that after some 4 years of solid training, you are 95-98% of the way there. It's at that point you have to hold on to that desire and ONE thing that is driving you.

Is what we enjoy doing "normal". HELL NO. You can't live as a normal person if you don't want to look and feel like one. Sorry to say it, but if you think you can, then you are either seriously far from your potential or just aren't all in/all the time.

I could ramble on forever, but the point is this. LK3/we all have to identify our driving force/feeling. Know what delivers that, and then find the most efficient way to attain it. And I'm sorry, but those who want to be their best will often find that they become isolated in such that few others have such desire. Thus they can't stand with or understand the level of dedication some of us have.

lol
and youre one of the ones i wanted to actually talk about training! lol
like your work outs what you do and more of that athletic shit!\
go n get all existential on me...:mad:

lol

details brotha!

Girth makes a great point.. 4 years of training...
yup sounds about right.

so i been out of the gym 6 months or so..

since i been doing this so long i actually change by the day going back, my wife laughs cus its just wierd.

a gym friend asked what i was gona do with mysself too. so small n skinny! i have an idea where my goals are. i have actually been meditating on it for a while now. tough switching roles again. junkie much easier then athlete. lol ;)

ah! but 4 years.. so look you know about cns n older guys and all that.. me falling into that. i change fucking fast, especially if you compare a me going back to the gym to a regular person starting the gym. no real comparison but maybe you get where im going in 3 month im gona look way different then the guy next to me. n hes already asking what aas i take. lol :banghead::rolleyes:

take time to be a trained athlete in real top shape!

that is what im getting at!

n thats what i want you n others to get talked up here!

training!
i know how to train...

doing it is another story! lol
:star-w:rs

Great post from a great guy. Well said Girth.

Wasn't it Cobain who said "you all laugh at me cause I'm different but I laugh at you cause your all the same"?

Fuck normal, fuck average. You know damn well why you began this lifestyle LK, it's time to unleash hell and get back in the gym.

lol
here again learning, getting old...
the gym has been my place to get crazy n take out agression over the years. lifting for sanity.

the problem is im too fucking crazy. i hurt myself!
i mentioned the 09 come back...
what stopped my progress?
getting fucking hurt!

then every time i tried to put big boy wieghts on... same fucking thing, or some other dumbass thing... or or or...
years of idiotness had taken the toll, that rest pause kill kill kill had to be changed or i wasnt gona be able to train anymore.

now....

shit...
the lil ol ladies look at my wieghts like im a pussy!

one of my goals this time around... tone it down. lol smile. have a conversation. try not to use the word fuck...
lol

yup

goals like that:banghead:

No, it's something basic for someone who's coming back and is full of pain all over.

Weren't you asking for that?

But, by all means, there's DC, Big Beyond Belief, GVT, Stronglifts, Fortitude, etc, etc, etc...

i dont want a list of training programs.

i want to get down n talk about what real training is, i dont see hardly anyone training!

i see 90 million dumb drug threads. like dumber by the day drug threads. i see every hairy dick n jane around on juice... lol

i see that no one rememebr wtf it is to train!

sooo these systems... why do they work?
whats they key?
its all the same shit

your training system is not the key.

i want to get down n talk about what real training is, i dont see hardly anyone training!

i see 90 million dumb drug threads. like dumber by the day drug threads. i see every hairy dick n jane around on juice... lol

whats they key?
its all the same shit

You know a lot more than me on this subject...but here are my thoughts.

Progression.....Beating the logbook every time that I can, and stepping out of my comfort zone for the next training session. When I stop progressing....I then look at what is limiting my recovery and not allowing me to beat my previous workout.

I find that calorie intake is #1...and then sleep (Quality of sleep too) is #2. If I'm not moving forward and getting plenty of rest, and then start slowly adding calories to see if I can "kick" things off again.

In the past it would have been up my dosage. But I will not do anything above TRT levels again and haven't for awhile now. I put more research into things to protect my health and body now...and have for awhile....but something that I wish I had started even sooner.

Just general stress from life can hinder progress, but I have learned to chill out a lot more as I have gotten older.

Training is a stress reliever for me. It's where I take out my frustration, and it's the only time that I have "me" time. I am not there to socialize. I don't want to be bothered...I want to dominate the next set that I am constantly thinking about. Your mind wants to give up before your body does. But I control my thought process...nothing else dictates it.

I am there to hit my numbers. And always be out of my comfort zone. When I leave the gym, I am totally wiped out. I don't want to do anything else, but go home and crash. But I go about my day, and I wake up the next morning and do it all over again.

And when I start to think that I could take things just a little easier, I think about the people who aren't fortunate enough to be able to do what I do everyday. My nephew is in a wheelchair with CP and barely has any control or coordination...can't speak either. But whenever he sees me, he will always try to hit a bicep shot and smiles at me.

If he can do that, then why can't I make sure I perform to the best of my ability. I have no excuses except for laziness.

I will be 45 soon and will never have a body that impresses anybody compared to how some guys on this board look. But I can be the best that I can be which happens to now include being the healthiest I can be.

Sorry for such a long post, but that is what drives me.

Progression.....Beating the logbook every time that I can, and stepping out of my comfort zone for the next training session. When I stop progressing....I then look at what is limiting my recovery and not allowing me to beat my previous workout.

I find that calorie intake is #1...and then sleep (Quality of sleep too) is #2. If I'm not moving forward and getting plenty of rest, and then start slowly adding calories to see if I can "kick" things off again.

In the past it would have been up my dosage. But I will not do anything above TRT levels again and haven't for awhile now. I put more research into things to protect my health and body now...and have for awhile....but something that I wish I had started even sooner.

Just general stress from life can hinder progress, but I have learned to chill out a lot more as I have gotten older.

Training is a stress reliever for me. It's where I take out my frustration, and it's the only time that I have "me" time. I am not there to socialize. I don't want to be bothered...I want to dominate the next set that I am constantly thinking about. Your mind wants to give up before your body does. But I control my thought process...nothing else dictates it.

I am there to hit my numbers. And always be out of my comfort zone. When I leave the gym, I am totally wiped out. I don't want to do anything else, but go home and crash. But I go about my day, and I wake up the next morning and do it all over again.

And when I start to think that I could take things just a little easier, I think about the people who aren't fortunate enough to be able to do what I do everyday. My nephew is in a wheelchair with CP and barely has any control or coordination...can't speak either. But whenever he sees me, he will always try to hit a bicep shot and smiles at me.

If he can do that, then why can't I make sure I perform to the best of my ability. I have no excuses except for laziness.

I will be 45 soon and will never have a body that impresses anybody compared to how some guys on this board look. But I can be the best that I can be which happens to now include being the healthiest I can be.

That is a good point.

What drives us in the gym.

And it changes over time.

Something to consider LK3. Never waste the suffering. Use it to your advantage and reorder your values. I am only 30, i know that is still young but I don't feel like I am 20 anymore. Therefore, i can't sacrifice my health to the degree like I once did.

whats they key?
its all the same shit

Training, as I see it, is actually very simple.

You pick a multi-joint exercise for a major body part and try to get stronger on it. Take chest, I happen to like inclines. So, I lift a certain weight and go up in reps. If I reach 15 I go ahead and add weight and aim for 8 close to failure. Then add reps and repeat...

For that bodypart I add a second exercise that I like, like cable crossovers. Do 4x15 or so on that one because I'm old. And that's my chest workout...

For quads, I try to get stronger on squats and do extensions for reps...

For shoulders I do lateral raises and face pulls...

So, my split nowadays is:

Mon: Legs
Tue: Chest/Back/Shoulders
Wed: Legs
Thu: Chest/Back/Shoulders
Fri: Legs
Sat: Arms

I happen to like it. Arms get trained indirectly twice a week and hardly and directly every Saturday with two rest days following it.

My legs respond well to lower intensity, higher frequency, so I do them 3x a week. Doesn't take more than 45 minutes. Then I do my cardio on the street. Hate cardio machines like treadmills or stationary bikes.

It's not a system, but I try to listen to my body regarding frequency and recovering. If I feel tired or overtrained, I skip Wedsneday.

Overload is the name of the game.

whats they key?
its all the same shit

The key is consistency, day in day out. Along with being progressive with weights and food. Any program will work really as long as youre hitting those things

The key is consistency, day in day out. Along with being progressive with weights and food. Any program will work really as long as youre hitting those things

100%
but...
consistancy is a mother fucker
the one thing consistant in my life has been instability! lol

there are so many great examples of guys to learn form who have this down. it is not me! lol i know about getting back to shit from problems! in reality most of the thigns i have done are liek a big long list of exactly what NOT to do... not intentionally! lol just happened!

so i am consistanlty starting over.

usually from an injury, a set back or some sort of life catastrophy.

i seem to be really good at fucking up! lol :naughty:

in terms of progression and changing YOU. i agree, consistansy is the first step! ( clearly i cant even spell the fucking word... wtf do i know? lol :cool: )

idk bro. your post have been both spot on and well typed, i cant say so much. ;)

you do give us another great post!

and super key.

constant progression!

kind of easy concept but.... if this were the 100% truth then we would all be benching a zillion pounds. so to some degree constant progression comes to a stop! at least weight progression. so many see as we get older this happens!

we need to adapt to that!

many look at starting over as a bad thing. i used to. now i see it more as an opportunity to get more from less!

now allex is always super sensitive, lol he knows im just having fun! i, in returning actually start off in a more simple fassion then his first post.

first just getting into "gym" routine is key! going at the same time, doing the same thing, true first step is just showing up!

many accomplish that!
training... gets murky! :p

at first i dont have to apply too many real hard principles, i just have to show up and not get hurt!

key to a training session??? warm the fuck up! old or young you need to get the blood moving and the body into a "work" state! i walk now, in circles before the gym. lol i used to bike, i sure miss that.

i have had many new situations, i have really had to adapt my wants to suite my needs in all of this...

so i walk.
15 min or so at a good pace.
im basically breaking a sweat as i enter the gym.

this step is so basic, yet so missed.:naughty:

warm up with rom movements, bar etc. really THAT is my work out for the first few weeks! show up! heart up! try not to hurt myself, try to move.

everyone is afraid to use the damn bar. seriously 3-4 sets really going slow, feeling the movement and the body and breathing and making your muscles fire at once... thats it! lol thats the point! and old and just getting back to it, THAT will make you sore!

so basic
warm up, warm up, lil exercise on basic movement.
squat!

i hate squats. lol

its really all i have for legs. the leg press machine at my gym is a terrifying death trap, everytime i use it fight vissions of it collapsing on me and limit it to only a few plates.

so squats are my big leg leg thing.
i hurt myself a few times pretty good, so again weight is a variable i have had to limit...

thus figuring out how to squat right, getting the most out of it and turning an abused bouncing movement into a martial arts like full body concentration exercise has been then thing... again people look at me funny but... its a great tool!

get in there and squat perfect fucking slow ass reps! try some sets of 20!

breath!
feel!
figure out why squats are such a great full body movement!

i know... no weight sucks, you feel silly n all that, but!

embrace it!

starting from zero constant up is easy! lol
enough of my ramble for now!
:star-w:rs

That is a good point.

What drives us in the gym.

And it changes over time.

Something to consider LK3. Never waste the suffering. Use it to your advantage and reorder your values. I am only 30, i know that is still young but I don't feel like I am 20 anymore. Therefore, i can't sacrifice my health to the degree like I once did.

my thing has been trying to change some of that...
i am a bit of a psyco.
i am kind of negative
i used to really get that all fucked up n take it out in the gym.

i have hurt myself plenty with this mentality.

i used to get all crazy on my work set n think... do this rep... this rep is the one fucking thing in this life you can control.. so much in life you can not control, but... mother fucker, you can go up! go up one last fucking time!

now...
go down! lol
repeat. :headbang:
crazy music/n talking. blah blah blah...

gona give myself a heart attack like that...

now
no head phones.
i try to smile...:(
think about kittens n puppies....

lol happy thoughts!

kidding aside, it is nice to take a moment to really appreciate the little things.

:D

kind of easy concept but.... if this were the 100% truth then we would all be benching a zillion pounds. so to some degree constant progression comes to a stop! at least weight progression. so many see as we get older this happens!

Right off the bat you have 3 variables to play with:

- Poundage
- Reps
- Time

Then you have all the intensity principles, like forced reps, forced negatives, isolation, etc, etc...

But yes, eventually it stops progressing. Then there's food, rest and drugs... If it doesn't happen, being big is not for you. Be in shape, lean and enjoy life.

my thing has been trying to change some of that...
i am a bit of a psyco.
i am kind of negative
i used to really get that all fucked up n take it out in the gym.

i have hurt myself plenty with this mentality.

i used to get all crazy on my work set n think... do this rep... this rep is the one fucking thing in this life you can control.. so much in life you can not control, but... mother fucker, you can go up! go up one last fucking time!

now...
go down! lol
repeat. :headbang:
crazy music/n talking. blah blah blah...

gona give myself a heart attack like that...

now
no head phones.
i try to smile...:(
think about kittens n puppies....

lol happy thoughts!

kidding aside, it is nice to take a moment to really appreciate the little things.

Sounds like you are already recognising some internal changes. It is always better to be aware of yourself - than ignorant of yourself. In the same line of thought, you will be able to recognize what derails you. Or as you stated a certain "mentality" gets you hurt. Likewise with mentality that derails you. Stability is never reached in the purest sense, we merely minimize the chaos.

You mentioned how physical work helps you. It definitely helps keeping you grounded. It is not only good for you physically but psychologically (they are closely related).

Have you hit the gym up yet?

Last edited:
brotha!!!!
happy to see you!
dont get down dude! it will be ok!
maybe this thread can help you out too.

i like you have had those ups n downs...

my last ground up was 2009. i was down to... 170 ish!!! lol
had gone from 270+ to that in VERY short orderr.no need for details. lol:cool:

so starting at 170 and older... 30ish i had time to think and apply some new knowlagde.

for me, that mean not eating.
since 2009 i have not eaten all day. like pretty :cool:much never, even no gym i still dont eat until 5 ish.

that has been the key to staying leaner and not crossing 250.
i have various reasons for staying small, mostly lets be real... my life is not so clean. lol

anywho

only eating for a few hrs ed has also really allowed me to see the drug thing.
before 09 i dabbled in higher doses once, just before leaving the world but really stayed with food and heavy training. true old scholl dc approach.
with recovery meds and all for a while.

if i dont eat i dont grow.

thats the point reenforced over and over.

that said.

i have always been a carnivore, i just love meat!
i have had to give life an honest look and really its stupid for me to eat like that. my diet thoughts are all about health. my health. lol

veggies!!!! never really liked them. but! i am fuck all determind to eat them! gotta grow up sometime. so that my big focus here, dropping some meat n carbs for veg.

ill go a lil more into detail about what im gona do n where i been but this is what im talkign about!

learn from your past bro!
get right in your head!

if you down into that 200 range dont push to go back up, youre old now! lol

here is your chance to be slim n sexy! lol :headbang:

stay with it bud

I really like this part. I went through a similar experience for the last 1.5 years. Had an injury, got depressed, quit taking everything....even my TRT without my MD knowing about it.

I lost 30+ lbs. All this time I thought I knew a lot about diet.....This experienced really opened my eyes to what my body responds best to and how important it is. If your diet isn't on point...you will not progress especially as you get closer to your genetic limit (Natural or Enhanced).

And some people think that if they don't see some type of progress every time, then there is automatically something wrong. Look at it as an experiment. You need data...so you stay the course until you know for sure that things are no longer working, and then you make an adjustment. Wait awhile and see what happens.

You will have weeks where you may not get the sleep you need and that could cause your issues, but at least with diet and training....those are variables that are more easily controllable.

and youre one of the ones i wanted to actually talk about training! lol
like your work outs what you do and more of that athletic shit!\
go n get all existential on me...:mad:

lol

details brotha!

HAHAHHAAHA!!! Well there is a reason I can't get into things like twitter and texting. If you have something worthy to say, it won't be done in 140 characters or less. In fact the only 2 things worth saying in such a fashion are "yes" or "No"! But that's going existential again.......

Anyhow I didn't touch on my training because most won't be interested. But we can look at commonalities for shaping your approach and implementation.

Touched on was consistency. One reason for this is simply a way to tune your body's rhythm's/hormones into certain activity at certain times of day. It just makes sense. And like Dan Gable used to say, if it's worth doing, do it every day.

Next is warmup...LK3 is right in that this IS key. You'll know when you are warm and anal-retentives like me can even tell you what activity at what pace and for how long it will take to reach that point of core temp elevation! But the point here is to move from general movement (whole body) to specific (joints/movements involved in your first training element). The whole thing should take about 15-20 min. And in fact, best is to use super light loads at high speeds as this warms up the CNS and joints WITHOUT fatiguing muscle.

One more and then I have to get back to real life. The goal. Defining that DEFINES your training. Not having one defeats the purpose of "training". Training itself is to get better at something right.........well if you don't have a something, what the fuck can you "train" for? Simple as that. That's why systems like DC and 5/3/1, etc work is because it gives you a measurable.

Next time I'll delve into training implementation and how injuries have a common cause for guys like me and guys who want to have their own zip code.

I really like this part. I went through a similar experience for the last 1.5 years. Had an injury, got depressed, quit taking everything....even my TRT without my MD knowing about it.

I lost 30+ lbs. All this time I thought I knew a lot about diet.....This experienced really opened my eyes to what my body responds best to and how important it is. If your diet isn't on point...you will not progress especially as you get closer to your genetic limit (Natural or Enhanced).

And some people think that if they don't see some type of progress every time, then there is automatically something wrong. Look at it as an experiment. You need data...so you stay the course until you know for sure that things are no longer working, and then you make an adjustment. Wait awhile and see what happens.

You will have weeks where you may not get the sleep you need and that could cause your issues, but at least with diet and training....those are variables that are more easily controllable.

lol
dude, that was just the REALLY big one...
that time i went form 270 ish down to 170, in waay too fast.
best i dont really talk about it. lol:eek::banghead:

that was the beginning of just THIS part of the jorney. i had gone up down n up 100lbs before. lol

i have done lots of stupid stuff since then.

this version started idk 4 years ago or so..

another life catastrophy forced a bunch of change...
in short, i was in good shape training for real basically no gear 150-300mg ish t mostly with diet on point. then blah blah which led to some time off... doing back was 190 ish. went up to 240 ish in various shapes over the course of the last 4 years, and here we are.

the last 4 years my diet has been for shit.
like really bad! lol

my current version of bad is probably better then other version of bad so there is some perspective but... to some degree its been a free for all of shit i had not eaten in many years. idk what it is but its really hard for me to get fat now, and, lol i really tried!

sweets are my downfall.
sugar is seriously the most addictive things i have ever tried, and here again... i have TRIED most! lol :eek::eek::banghead:

fucking sweet things are direct from the DEVIL!! totally my problem.
so late at night... damn.

besides sweet things there were a lot of other dietary changes, fry's... fuck. seriously i hadnt eaten a french fry in idk how long. lol but they are like a national past time sooo unavoidable.:banghead: other wierd shit too. recently. i hadnt had a pizza in like 5 years... totally binged on that...:confused::banghead:

again. i know better!:banghead::banghead:

theres all sort of buts.

they dont matter.
we all have them.
we all can relate.
most do not have that picture perfect existance.
hence all the mental masturbation over the perfect diet n training program! lol

i start feeling a lil down n im like... wait.:confused:
i havent even been to the gym! lol
i cant even manage to pin 150mg of test!
let alone anything else...:banghead:

lil gym
stop force feeding ice cream
wow!
insta shape!

i guess all the obsessing finially paid off! lol

i have nothing intelegent to say today...

:sta:-wars

HAHAHHAAHA!!! Well there is a reason I can't get into things like twitter and texting. If you have something worthy to say, it won't be done in 140 characters or less. In fact the only 2 things worth saying in such a fashion are "yes" or "No"! But that's going existential again.......

Anyhow I didn't touch on my training because most won't be interested. But we can look at commonalities for shaping your approach and implementation.

Touched on was consistency. One reason for this is simply a way to tune your body's rhythm's/hormones into certain activity at certain times of day. It just makes sense. And like Dan Gable used to say, if it's worth doing, do it every day.

Next is warmup...LK3 is right in that this IS key. You'll know when you are warm and anal-retentives like me can even tell you what activity at what pace and for how long it will take to reach that point of core temp elevation! But the point here is to move from general movement (whole body) to specific (joints/movements involved in your first training element). The whole thing should take about 15-20 min. And in fact, best is to use super light loads at high speeds as this warms up the CNS and joints WITHOUT fatiguing muscle.

One more and then I have to get back to real life. The goal. Defining that DEFINES your training. Not having one defeats the purpose of "training". Training itself is to get better at something right.........well if you don't have a something, what the fuck can you "train" for? Simple as that. That's why systems like DC and 5/3/1, etc work is because it gives you a measurable.

Next time I'll delve into training implementation and how injuries have a common cause for guys like me and guys who want to have their own zip code.

while most will point there "bb" noses in the air...

i
and probably a few others...:rolleyes:

really need to hear about some of that cardio shit...:lightbulb:

that silly stuff you do that i dont really know about... :p

Sounds like you are already recognising some internal changes. It is always better to be aware of yourself - than ignorant of yourself. In the same line of thought, you will be able to recognize what derails you. Or as you stated a certain "mentality" gets you hurt. Likewise with mentality that derails you. Stability is never reached in the purest sense, we merely minimize the chaos.

You mentioned how physical work helps you. It definitely helps keeping you grounded. It is not only good for you physically but psychologically (they are closely related).

Have you hit the gym up yet?

lol
actually
speaking of variables...

i often play with too many at a time.:cool:
the first being serious in this training bs..
is frequency

my first thing
2 full body workout a week
warm up lil work cool down

day one
squat
bench
shoulder press
after once through addded dips

day two
dead lift
leg curl
hyper
bent row
second rotation added pulldow exercise

abs done first each day...
did some calves after 2x through.

3 rotations.
last week was supposed to add additional day.
that got fucked due to other work

this week...
need that other day.

was supposed to be yesterday... lol
but

of course i added another variable!

i mentioned i wanted to cutback/stop smoking...
no details, suffice it to say not entirerly recreational. :cool:
eating holds a lot of promise and is one of my goals.
blah blah stuff we cant say...

well i implmented a new supplement and... lol it knocked me the fuck out! lol
just about when i was going to do my shots it starts to kick in... i kept trying to do them... but. ah, i lay down on the bed laughed.. n was like shit.. i could force my self n feel like shit n blah blah or just go thursday friday...

no joke was hard to see for a while!

still needs some adjustments. ;)

on that note!
im off to the gym!

I know some of you may not believe this but this could turn into an awesome tread lol. When LK3 rambles good things end up happening and now that Girth is here, some real knowledge will follow. Girth you better post more cause guys are listening!

LK3 and I have had many conversations over the last, fuck I don't know, 2 years now?! Anyway, he's definitely had ups and downs dealing with shit. I'll throw in a bit about my training. I'm a strength athlete, the visual results from my training are just the icing on the cake. I'm getting old though, so that means I'll be competing as a master soon. Not many weight classes in the masters so I decided to put on extra mass. Moved on to what could be identified as power building I guess. Here is my approach:

The warm up starts with my main lift. I focus on deadlift, squat, and overhead press. I don't really bench in contests, so I just use it as an accessory. I'll do really light warmup sets, explosive with perfect form. I want to reinforce those proper movement patterns during every set. Then I move into my working sets. The big compound lifts are heavy and low reps/sets. From there I move on to my accessory lifts. I'll do anywhere from 6-10 accessory lifts, 4-5 sets in the 8-12 rep range. My body doesn't feel beat up from training with this approach.

Days of the week currently go like this: Monday - deadlift, Tuesday - overhead press, Wednesday - squat, Friday - chest/shoulder/tricep accessory day, Saturday - strongman events day.

Strongman events day is just as it sounds. I'll pick 2-3 events programmed for an upcoming contest. If there is no contest in the near future, I will press something, carry something, and load something. Right now I'm training for a contest, so I've been doing 2 events plus a bunch of grip work.

I can't forget about cardio either. 2 days a week I'll either do spin bike or take the dog for a walk. A third day my cardio will be sandbag carries. Doing my cardio this way has helped keep my BP in check.

Last part of my training is my stretching. I stretch every night before bed. If I miss this part of my routine for a few days, my body hates me and reminds me to stop being lazy.

I'm still competitive and still relevant in my sport. I still get invited to big shows and I want to keep it that way as long as possible. I've been in this sport for 8 years, but actively training for 22. The stretching has been critical for keeping the regular aches and pains away I feel, and I'll keep doing that until I die.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear