over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training bodyparts 1 vs 2 times per week - Experience

Training Frequency

• I've grown better training bodyparts 1x per week

Votes: 97 31.2%
  • I've grown better training bodyparts 2x per week

Votes: 214 68.8%

• Total voters
I've never seen anything quite like that routine...but if it works for u, kool.
Lots of factors go into this. About 6 weeks ago I transitioned from 1 body part a week, to training for hypertrophy. Now I'm not sure if it was the muscle confusion principle or training each muscle group 3x per week. But I made some great lean gains when I did switch. I think it boils down to ur current end goal, what's ur intensity level, ur age is a factor, rest periods, calories and cycle. Most likely it's different a bit for everyone...IMHO

1bigmofo--

It works.
I designed it for power, strength,size and just plain giving you the look!
The look I mean when somebody sees you coming...jaws drop!
I'm currently in a couple of movies coming up and they wanted me big..really big.
Your traps can never really be over-worked since tied into back...I feel one of the most impressive points on bodybuilders, athletes, football players, actors, etc... are the trap/rear delt tie-in....up to the ears!
Give this a try...it works.

Last edited:
If you're training along the lines of HST style, I think this is a decent approach - one I'd use when OFF or when de-loading from a 6 day per week split that trains everything twice. I've tried HST once when I was a bit younger but I was overzealous and trained too high volume and intensity which led to poor results.

Lyle McDonald (if you personally consider him credible) has some interesting write ups on low frequency vs high frequency training. Results on average seem correlated with intensity and volume. If you can moderate intensity and volume well, 3x per week may be optimal for you, but I think that's excessive and so did he. On the flip side, he also saw 1x per week as less than optimal (on average) for most lifters, settling on 2x per week as a recommendation.

Have you ever looked into or tried something along the lines of HST?

This is an old school full body workout attributed to Larry Scott, similar to Arnold's Golden Six but more well rounded. As with golden six, the idea is to add a set every month.

I think it borders on too much but the theory is recovery can improve so I'm trying to improve it. If I feel bad I'll skip one, it's nice because I can skip any time I want and it doesn't hurt anything. With a split if I skip then I'm waiting too long to train something.

I looked at HST and it looks similar except it is complicated, I don't want to try that hard.

How long does it take you to do those workouts?

It's FAST, less than an hour easily. There is 30 seconds rest in between upper body and calves and 1 minute for squats. Maybe a little more between exercises but not much.

Bench presses to neck - 3 sets of 8to 12 reps.
Barbell squats - 3 x 8-12.
Calf raises - 3 x 12-20.
Behind the neck presses - 3 x 8-12.
Front pulldowns - 3 x 8-12.
Lying barbell triceps extensions - 3 x 8-12.
Preacher bench curls - 3 x 8-12.
Crunches every morning as many as possible

badguy's Plan of Size​

mon: legs
tue: shruggs/bent laterals/hammers
wed: chest/bi
thur: shruggs/bent laterals/hammers
fri: back/tri

this workout will get you big!
no more than 40 min in gym!

If you don't know me then you don't know big...5'7 278

Hammers, bis, hammers on 3 consecutive days? No direct shoulder work?

Hammers, bis, hammers on 3 consecutive days? No direct shoulder work?

Shoulder work comes from Chest day..shruggs and bent laterals on tue/thur
Hammers only 2 sets to failure.

Last edited:
I train everything once a week for 4-6 exercises per muscle group

Just started training everything twice week, but just 1-2 exercises on the second workout, not sure if it working or not, too early to tell

Iv tried x2 a week for 2 exercises each muscle each workout but I can't seem to get a god pump and end up doing 4-6 exercises and then trying to hit it again 3 days later, but am still sore

Btw, what does frequency mean?

trained everything 1xweek for 1st 12 years or so then switched to 2xweek and have gotten thicker, more density. workouts are shorter now..only 1-2 exercises/bodypart x 1-3 working sets per exercise. really like this frequency/style.

badguy

Whats your workout on the other days? Set, reps etc.

Last edited:
I'm currently training everything once a week, want to make the switch over to 2x a week

What would be the best split? I really want to bring up my shoulders the most btw

Push/Pull/Legs

or
1: Back/shoulders 2: Chest/arms 3: Quads/hams/calves

or
1: Chest/Back 2: Quads/hams/calves 3: Shoulders/arms

Looking for opinions. Thanks

Anyone?

I pick lifts over body parts which can vary how much stimulus each body part gets.

For example on my upper body days I do chins twice in 8days yet on lower body I will also do deads and shrug or farmers walks which are upper back hitters.

I like hitting a muscle several times over 7-10 days. I find as I get older it keeps the muscle slightly looser. If I did quads just once a week or so they would feel so sore and stiff they would snap

I will switch it up every so often. Once a week then do twice a week etc. normally I'll do a 2 month or less rotation from 1 to 2 body parts a week.

growing muscle is very difficult and its flat out time consuming. once a week just never quite did it for me. as Dante refers to it as a "growth cycle" if I'm not mistaken. once a week is 52 growth cycles in a year, twice a week is 104....

my split:
calves every day
sat legs
sun chest/back
mon arms/side delts
tues legs
wed arms/side delts
thur chest/back
fri arms/side delts

with this split, yes its busy, if I'm tired i will either just do a few quick high intensity(med weight) sets or take the whole session off. I have a gym membership, but also plenty at home, sometimes i work late and a few sets at home is real easy since i don't have to drive anywhere. program this full gotta keep intensity down or else cns will get fried. great program for getting/staying lean

Last edited:
I'm moving from 1x per week to 2x per week again starting Monday. Will let you guys know how it goes for me.

Will see how my "plan" works but so far it's a 6 day split, cutting total volume in half from my 1x per week workout and adding it back in on another day to hit the muscle twice without added volume.

I would have to say a good, hard, 60-90 minute session for any workout day will leave you sore for a while. Think about it; if you smash legs they will be sore for a good 5 days. You need recovery time and rest, that is when you truly grow.

I'm moving from 1x per week to 2x per week again starting Monday. Will let you guys know how it goes for me.

Will see how my "plan" works but so far it's a 6 day split, cutting total volume in half from my 1x per week workout and adding it back in on another day to hit the muscle twice without added volume.

What will your split look? I'm interested in trying this also but I'm not sure how to do my split and what sets and reps will look like

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

What will your split look? I'm interested in trying this also but I'm not sure how to do my split and what sets and reps will look like

o Day 1: Back + Biceps + Abs
o Day 2: Chest + Shoulders + Triceps
o Day 3 : Quads + Hams + Calves
o Day 4: Back + Biceps + Abs
o Day 5: Chest + Shoulders + Triceps
o Day 6 : Quads + Hams + Calves
o Day 7: OFF + [AM Cardio]

oDay 1: Back + Biceps + Abs
oDay 2: Chest + Shoulders + Triceps
oDay 3 : Quads + Hams + Calves
oDay 4: Back + Biceps + Abs
oDay 5: Chest + Shoulders + Triceps
oDay 6 : Quads + Hams + Calves
oDay 7: OFF + [AM Cardio]

Do you do a power day and then hypertrophy or anything?

Think of it as the same amount per week...but your muscles are more fresh and can handle more weight or reps each exercise. ..I always felt I was spinning my wheels doing a 3rd or forth exercises when your barley moving what you could.

Poll: 2x week > 1x week

What splits you use guys?

2x for sure man, Ive been running a ABCxABCx ect routine loving it so far making alot more progress with this. Was also a nice change from the 6 day split I had going.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131