over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Delts

i like upright rows. i go so heavy on my first 2 sets though that my ROM may be a little too short. i may try some side laterals soon.

I have been going a bit light on my side laterals but I try to hold at the top for a second and control the negative. I feel it works much more for me.

My favorite exercise for delts i just started doing about 2 weeks ago and love them. I sit in the middle of a flat bench side ways. Holding 2 dumbells at arms length at your sides, let them rest on the bench. THen do side raises just to shoulder level then bring them down until they touch the bench and then go back up. Lead with your knuckles and dont let your wrists sag down. It will BLAST your side delts like no other.

My main shoulder movement is standing dumbbell shoulder press. I hate doing those sitting down. Then dumbbell raises. Then a rear delt movement. Then something else.

My favorite exercise for delts i just started doing about 2 weeks ago and love them. I sit in the middle of a flat bench side ways. Holding 2 dumbells at arms length at your sides, let them rest on the bench. THen do side raises just to shoulder level then bring them down until they touch the bench and then go back up. Lead with your knuckles and dont let your wrists sag down. It will BLAST your side delts like no other.

Sounds interesting to me. It make you do a partial movement and I think it takes out the part of the movement which is easiest. I bet you cannot use near the weight you would on regular laterals. So how does the weight you use on this compare?

i like upright rows. i go so heavy on my first 2 sets though that my ROM may be a little too short. i may try some side laterals soon.

you know for some reason
upright rows actually hurt my
shoulder joints something fierce

just never got into them

seems my forearms get so pumped
(way before my delts or traps) that
i cant do anymore

Thats exactly right maldorf. You cant cheat with body english and there is constant tension on the muscle. I can easily use 45 or 50 lb dumbells when i do them standing the NORMAL way, but this way i started with the 15 lb dbs and now i can do the 20's but its a hell of a burn.

i like volume for delts and often superset barbell shrugs with machine presses for 8 sets of 15 each. can't do any laterals right now. i think i need to see someone for A.R.T.

Last edited:
Thats exactly right maldorf. You cant cheat with body english and there is constant tension on the muscle. I can easily use 45 or 50 lb dumbells when i do them standing the NORMAL way, but this way i started with the 15 lb dbs and now i can do the 20's but its a hell of a burn.

I think you sold me on it. I am trying these next workout for sure and then continue to use it if it works for me. How long have you been doing them, and who turned you onto this? Curious.

you know for some reason

just never got into them

seems my forearms get so pumped
(way before my delts or traps) that
i cant do anymore

Upright Rows kill my shoulders. I cant do them nor even try to anymore.

you know for some reason

Yes. I was under the impression that upright rows (with palms down) were bad for your rotator cuff because of the position it puts that joint at… in that you can get a lot of impingement in the Clavicle/AC at the top of the movement. And impingement = inflammation over time.

Last edited:
Upright rows

The hands close, pull to chin will kill your shoulders......thats not an upright row.......you need to do them the correct way.

Phil you have a video link for proper form?

MAN IT SUCKS because the upright row would be the PERFECT exercise for building up the shoulders and traps. . . .I've tried leaning over a bit, using a wider grip and pulling up only to my nipples and still felt the impingement. . .

so is the consensus that upright rows will damage the shoulder?

or wider grips are ok?

id love to start doing these but im scared im going to damage my shoulder. thats the last thing i need right now.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws