over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Early Morning 5:30am- Nutritional Approach

herculeus

Registered
For those of you that have had to train early mornings right after waking up due to schedule/life changes- what has been the most optimal approach for nutrition upon waking?

Currently I am mixing 25g of carbs from Gatorade and 15g EAA for intra shake and drinking 10 min before going to gym at 5:30 am. Going to give this a go for some time but am open to those veterans thoughts that have had to train early AM. Thanks

Simple carbs pre/intra and some slower carbs post. I had to do 5am lifts for a few months and will again here soon, I did;

Pre:Sweetened Almond Milk + Whey + Chocolate Syrup
Intra: Gatoraide (switching to lemonade and sweet tea :love:) + Egg Whites

Sea salt and glutamine/creatine in all three shakes.

Going to use stan efferding's idea of a thermos to keep rice and beef warm for post workout meals.

For those of you that have had to train early mornings right after waking up due to schedule/life changes- what has been the most optimal approach for nutrition upon waking?

Currently I am mixing 25g of carbs from Gatorade and 15g EAA for intra shake and drinking 10 min before going to gym at 5:30 am. Going to give this a go for some time but am open to those veterans thoughts that have had to train early AM. Thanks

It would depend on the individuals goals first n foremost.

Dieting down ?
Recomp ?
Growing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in a growing phase, and I opt for something that digests very quickly. One go to is just a shake, a bagel, and some pb. Sometimes I swap the pb and shake for some whole eggs and whites if I have more time. I typically add some hot sauce or sea salt because I feel much better when I have a sodium bomb when training early.

I’ve been training early morning at 4:30am for awhile now 7-8 years let’s say. And I eat one Greek Yogurt 30-40 minuets before I go to the iron pile (gym). 15 minuets before the gym one scoop per work drink. I also drink one scoop and a half of powdered Gatorade with one scoop BCAA’s in 20oz water and ice during training.
Then immediately after training I go home shower then cook up 3 whole eggs 3 egg whites with some lean ham and about half cup cream of rice with 2 tablespoons strawberry jam and peanut butter.

I’d actually do a protein Blend pre if you can with a stim pre wo powder. If not then whey iso/hydro plus 20-25g carbs for me. Intra would be eaa and or hydro/iso plus another 20-25g carbs. Post wo either protein blend or whey iso/hydro plus 20-25g carbs.

I’d train semi fasted and burn a lot of fat

3iu GH pre+ black coffee
Intra 20g EAA

Then start food after.

I train first thing in the AM here. I wake up at 3:30-4am and get some H2O down 1st. Then its always a scoop of whey (ISO/Casein blend) and a large banana mixed into a sludge w/ cinnamon to taste. I also add 3-4 grinds of Pink salt to this as well. I then hit the gym 30-40 min later. 25g HBCD intra and 10g EAAs. Then postWO is a solid meal (egg whites and rice typ. for me).

I've been training in the early morning for 25+ years.

I do.........

Wake up and have a shake that's 30 grams whey and 30 grams of maltodextrin.

Half hour later I have my pre-workout drink

20 minutes later I workout and sip on water with 20 grams EAA's.

I do.........

This makes the most sense to me for energy and easy digestion. It’s quick and should lead to a good workout. Of course, i would add tadalifil, dbol, HGH, and tianeptine/Vicaine upon waking. 👹😬

I train at 5:30; wake up 45g cream of rice with a scoop of protein. Delicious and digests quick.

Very interesting and also makes most sense to me.

I have zero appetite in the morning so putting any solid food in my stomach would not work as others have suggested. But the quick protein shake along with the quick carb source seems good.

Have you ever tried moving the carb source from your pre workout meal to an intra drink with your EAAs and sip on that about 10-20 min prior to training?

I think I will try the above if I can even stomach a quick protein shake in the morning.

I do.........

So you skip the intra carbs, did you ever experiment with carbs intra? If so how would you compare that va the method you just laid out.

I’d train semi fasted and burn a lot of fat

3iu GH pre+ black coffee
Intra 20g EAA

Then start food after.

This makes the most sense to me for energy and easy digestion. It’s quick and should lead to a good workout. Of course, i would add tadalifil, dbol, HGH, and tianeptine/Vicaine upon waking. 👹😬

Well, yes tadalifil is in there too!

Very interesting and also makes most sense to me.

I have zero appetite in the morning so putting any solid food in my stomach would not work as others have suggested. But the quick protein shake along with the quick carb source seems good.

Have you ever tried moving the carb source from your pre workout meal to an intra drink with your EAAs and sip on that about 10-20 min prior to training?

I think I will try the above if I can even stomach a quick protein shake in the morning.

The shake is light, mixed with water and I guzzle it right down. My workouts aren't long, 45 minutes or less so by the time the carbs are there I'd be done.

I used to do just the whey but it would take my hours to feel normal and I wanted to nap. Since adding the carbs I recover quick and feel great after the workout.

The past couple weeks I’ve been training in the morning , I get up take a half a caffeine tab , 5mg yohimbine start getting ready for the gym , 30 min later I’m pulling in sipping on my intra shake , when I’m waking out to go home I’m sipping my whey isolate shake.

I actually feel much better training “faster” (should say empty stomach) than after meals later in the day

So you skip the intra carbs, did you ever experiment with carbs intra? If so how would you compare that va the method you just laid out.

Yea no intra carbs. For maximal fat oxidation and increasing glut-4 translocation (increased insulin sensitivity) you need to ramp up AMPK which requires depleting muscle glucose. This won’t happen if you swigging carbs.

I find that if I eat a nice pre bed meal of casein and some very slow carbs (I love pinto beans and salsa) I don’t need carbs for an AM workout

I used to train pretty low volume, 1-2 rest pause sets per muscle group. I don’t need maltodextein to make it through a 40 minute workout.

Now if your trying to do something like John meadows creeping death leg day, 18-20 sets, yea your gonna need carbs lol

The past couple weeks I’ve been training in the morning , I get up take a half a caffeine tab , 5mg yohimbine start getting ready for the gym , 30 min later I’m pulling in sipping on my intra shake , when I’m waking out to go home I’m sipping my whey isolate shake.

I actually feel much better training “faster” (should say empty stomach) than after meals later in the day

Yea and stims work WAY better fasted. 1/2 the dose does the same thing lol

I loved when I could train AM. A little GH shot IM, poop, coffee+nicotine, drive to gym, 20g EAA+citruline. Epic workouts in a more empty gym. Less assholes bothering me lol

when i train at 5:30AM, i wake up at 5AM, i can t eat solid food
i take 50g Vitargo + 20g EEA + 5g leucine + 10g citrulline + 3g taurine

Weight Training Days

200 mg of caffeine
15 g of BCAA's
10 g of citrulline malate

Cardio Days

200 mg of caffeine
Water

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads