advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training fasted; what’s your experience?

I think a lot train fasted due to not wanting to cram a meal in before a 5AM workout which makes tons of sense. I was the one that was eating light and still not allowing enough time to digest so then I just stopped having a meal and went bcaa only. It was until the day I read about someone saying not to worry about cramming one in and just have some carb powders and aminos. I will say I felt night and day difference with eaa/karbolyn drink. 1.5L water mix start drinking on way to gym and the pumps and recovery were constant workout to workout. I gym afternoon now after day shift at work so I always have time and not rushed to get some cream of rice/whey and some fruit.

I am the same. I hate eating just before the gym. The times I have to it's minimal (banana and whey for example) so I don't feel full. If I had to train quickly after getting up I probably wouldn't eat but would have an intra shake. I have done that in the past and the pumps and my general endurance was night and day compared to being completely fasted. Now if someone isn't training that hard and in the gym approx 40 mins that is different. For me training 50-90 mins and hard with low rest periods it makes a massive difference.

THIS IS NOT if you train fasted; you burn more fat thread.

This is a if you train fasted; will it slow down muscle development...

But to each his own. I love training fasted; my mind isn’t foggy and I’m focused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To my knowledge, there haven't been studies on whether it impairs muscle gains but the general recommendation is to consume post workout protein immediately after training. Timing matters more in this instance. I doubt it would impair gains.

To my knowledge, there haven't been studies on whether it impairs muscle gains but the general recommendation is to consume post workout protein immediately after training. Timing matters more in this instance. I doubt it would impair gains.

I’d agree that if trying to gain muscle, eating right after training fasted is the best bet..

But the member NYMuscle on here says he trains in early in the morning and doesn’t eat until like 5-6pm. And he may not be the biggest guy around but he’s definitely got a panty dropping physique with a good amount of muscle and shredded from what I remember...

Though he didn’t build his physique like this (his words) it’s a pretty good reference that a person doesn’t need large amounts of AAS and Food to maintain a certain physique

I’d agree that if trying to gain muscle, eating right after training fasted is the best bet..

But the member NYMuscle on here says he trains in early in the morning and doesn’t eat until like 5-6pm. And he may not be the biggest guy around but he’s definitely got a panty dropping physique with a good amount of muscle and shredded from what I remember...

Though he didn’t build his physique like this (his words) it’s a pretty good reference that a person doesn’t need large amounts of AAS and Food to maintain a certain physique

All very true. As you know maintaining is very different to building. Anyone wanting to build muscle would definitely need to eat after fasted training. Yes they could go all day and eat nothing then fit in 3000 calories but the common sense approach would be to eat straight after training. Any normal person who is somewhat developed needs to eat optimally to grow more/new muscle.

If guys have any sort of base it's very easy to maintain on next to nothing. I have done it for certain periods. I have gone periods of eating 100g protein max per day and looked very similar. On TRT I could eat very little and maintain all year. If I added a little mast etc I could pretty much starve myself and many would say I even look better as my waist would shrink. I am talking 1500 cals per day. With some AAS in the mix I know I could eat like that all year and look ripped but I wouldn't be big. It's definitely not hard to be small and ripped especially if you come from any sort of base. Most on here would look gtg on a few quality meals per day so you definitely don't need tonnes of food and/or drugs to look good. But can you create a huge and ripped physique on low food and drugs... definitely not. Many on here don't just want to look good and want to stand out and that's why pretty much all those guys trying to create that eat around the clock and still often struggle to get the needed calories to make it happen.

Last edited:

Is that how he built his muscle in the first place when he was more of a novice lifter? I doubt it.

Can you explain how training fasted does not burn more fat? Not trying to argue but understand. Say I eat 1k calories per day and do cardio at 10am. I can eat my 1k calories at 9:59am ( right before cardio) or at 10pm 12 hours later. How will results be the same? Won't the cardio be burning glucose in my blood if I eat at 9:59am before cardio? Therefore fat stores will not be touched? And my insulin levels will be higher making fat loss less optimal?

If you have an article that explains it definitely link me. Sure cico is important overall but I just cant see how insulin levels will not affect how well the cardio mobilized and burns fat.

If you want me to explain to you the actual reasoning that training fasted doesn't burn extra fat, I won't be able to. I just read all the studies from the experts and pay attention to the results. I care less about the "why" personally.

https://twitter.com/bradschoenfeld/status/995665071983484928

I did this for years and thought that it was fine.

Since switching my training to later in the day, after a few meals, I've noticed a big change, particularly in endurance (and to a lesser degree in strength as well). I can do more volume before I get fatigued.

I noticed another performance bump when I implemented a homemade intra-workout shake, which I had also thought was bullshit, until I actually tried it.

Glycogen stores will be lower.

Protein synthesis will be decreased.

Cortisol will be higher.

Protein breakdown more evident.

Glycogen might be lower, but that depends on how much the individual has stored. THis does not mean that glycogen is empty, just possibly depleted. Glycogen surplus will carry over from previous days carbs. Also, cortisol may be higher but cortisol is released whnever the body/mind is under stress, so why would the ratio be any different when training fasted in the morning? Third, protein synthesis is not decreased in the slightest if the diet has a consistent amount of protein to begin with. The timing of the workout has no effect on this.

When I had to be at work at 8 I always trained in the morning.

5am: 100mcg ghrp-2/100mcg mod grf
6am: training with 20g EAAs.

Had great workouts. Lower volume, DC style.

But lipolysis from the peptides and EAAs I don’t consider myself truly fasted

I prefer it sometimes. It feels like i have more adrenaline and oomph. Other times i feel carbs and food increase performance. Either way has worked.

Fasted lets me cut more easily by making my other meals bigger when i skip breakfast.

I know in theory cortisol is catabolic, but is there any actual evidence that it "eats away at muscle or inhibits growth to any real degree? Just like in theory we all should sleep 8 hours but so many people gain fine with shitty sleep habits.

In my experience it does make building muscle more difficult.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws