over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

training for size workout regime? HST??

maxsupplements

Registered
i am planning a cycle soon and am going to try some new workout regime. anyone got any tried and true methods for a hardgainer? i have 4 yrs training under my belt and i am thinking about HST? any comments?

Hey bro, I'm a hardgainer (Or So I Thought!) I started training with DC about 3 months ago or so, and I am now 52lbs heavier than I was when beginning. I've added a young boy to my frame, it's incredible. You will find info about him and his training everywhere, try to get over to www.animalkits.be and read the entire Cycles for Pennies thread, all the knowledge you need it there my friend.

maxsupplements,

I tried HST both clean and on a cycle. I was a little worried trying a new routine while on gear, because if it doesn't work as well, that is a lot of wasted money and stress on the body for nothing. Anyway, three cycles later, I'm a religious follower of HST. I gain just as much weight as I ever did with other routines (including once-a-week per bodypart), but I always ended up MUCH stronger. I'd say the only downside is that if you hit the program intensely, you will be extremely exhausted. Thus, I recommend it only while on gear to prevent overtraining. I use 11 exercises to cover the entire body, and do 2 sets per exercise. I do 2 or 3 week cycles of 15 reps, 10 reps, and 5 reps, but skip the negatives.

DC?

I tried to do a search for DC training stuff and also the cycles for pennies, didnt have much luck. does he have a direct site? Silencer, did you vary the 11 exercises throughout the cycle?i am planning for 12 weeks of test 500mg & dbol 30mg ed, so that should help w strength and recovery. i am mainly wanting some size, did you have much luck w gaining size on HST?

Re: DC?

maxsupplements said:
I tried to do a search for DC training stuff and also the cycles for pennies, didnt have much luck. does he have a direct site? Silencer, did you vary the 11 exercises throughout the cycle?i am planning for 12 weeks of test 500mg & dbol 30mg ed, so that should help w strength and recovery. i am mainly wanting some size, did you have much luck w gaining size on HST?
DC' whole program is layed out here, check it out it is a great read
**broken link removed**

a lot of people are neurologically inefficient and would greatly benefit from some muscular density and functional mass from low rep, high set liftin

mr magoo?

so are you saying that the dc principles are good? so far what i am reading is getting me excited just thinking of the pain i am going to endure. i am anticipating the use of the low reps. static holds and rest pauses. thanks for all your guys input. i was a little weary of starting a cycle and new w/o regime at the same time in fear of the waste of cycle. but after reading his training principles, i think it will work great, considering that i have been using the same regime for the past 4 months, so i am kinda stagnant.

I'm not sure if HST is a good program.

I don't know if that could be considered TRUE overload. To me overload is making your muscles work harder workout to workout with max effort.

I think any variation of HIT is good or as other said, try DC's program as it seems very logical and the results seem to speak for themselves.

I like Phil's routine too.

I think High Intensity workouts are the way to go however the program is put together.

Conan,

I don't know if HST is TRUE overload, but I cannot argue with my personal results. It is the only program that actually caused me to gain weight in the two months post cycle: started at 215, topped out at 235, ended cycle at 228. Two months later, I was 229. Normally, I'd expect to lose at least 4-5 pounds. I know there are a lot of other factors involved, but this is just one observation.

Further, I believe HST is quite similar to a long-term wave-load, similar to what powerlifters do. You start off light, build momentum, and then blast into new territory. Once you peak, you take a week off, and restart.

I think it all boils down to each individual person. I grow best on reps less than 6. My buddy cannot get any mass unless he sticks to things like 15-rep squats. Put us on stage, and we look quite alike, but we train completely opposite of each other...

Re: mr magoo?

maxsupplements said:
so are you saying that the dc principles are good? so far what i am reading is getting me excited just thinking of the pain i am going to endure. i am anticipating the use of the low reps. static holds and rest pauses. thanks for all your guys input. i was a little weary of starting a cycle and new w/o regime at the same time in fear of the waste of cycle. but after reading his training principles, i think it will work great, considering that i have been using the same regime for the past 4 months, so i am kinda stagnant.

DC's method works very well, but it's not the method I'm talking about. I'm talking about 5 sets of 5 reps, 10 sets of 3, explosive lifts. training like an athlete can be very beneficial IMO. plus, the thing is that DC's way does work, no doubt about it, but frankly, not many people really know just how intense those sets are and grossly overestimate how hard they work on it.

look at some of my posts on training... u'll see what I am talking about or drop me a PM

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws