over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Frequency

I go 2 on 1 off, 3 on 1 off and repeat. Fasted cardio bike/walk 30-45min x 6 year around. 60-75min x 6 when cutting.
Abs 2-3 times a week.
Days with the heaviest workloads/most sets are the first 3 training days in the cycle. Lighter days at the end of the split.
I go high carb & protein w/moderate fat on lifting days. High protein, med/high fat and low carbs on cardio only & off days.

For example:
Mon: am cardio / pm heavy
Tue: am cardio / pm heavy
Wed: am cardio / pm off
Thu: am cardio / pm heavy
Fri: am cardo / pm light (bis, forearms only, etc.)
Sat: am cardio / pm light (tris & abs, etc)
Sun: off
This is basically what I do but not that much cardio. I just have a smaller surplus so I only need cardio 3x a week. Cardio is good but I felt like doing it Ed was a bit much when lifting 5x a week and working full time.

This is basically what I do but not that much cardio. I just have a smaller surplus so I only need cardio 3x a week. Cardio is good but I felt like doing it Ed was a bit much when lifting 5x a week and working full time.
Yeah, and when I say cardio. I do just enough to get my heart rate into the fat burning range. Not intense at all. Not until I'm getting deep into a summer cut anyway.

practical and all my life I train 5 times a week with weights and 6 times a week I do cardio - I have one day a week on Sundays completely free but honestly if I don't go out for a longer walk or do some other, even very light physical activity, I feel just fine that day wrong - I am a strong proponent of active regeneration
I feel this problem, I do cardio every morning, and in the PM either weights, BJJ, or a different cardio. If I am not active I feel almost ill.

I really want to give DC training a go but I feel if I only hit weights 3x a week I'll just spend the other days doing cardio and never get size

I’ll train everyday until my body tells me i need a break. I just went 14 days before I needed a few days break. Usually it’s 6x a week.

I feel this problem, I do cardio every morning, and in the PM either weights, BJJ, or a different cardio. If I am not active I feel almost ill.

I really want to give DC training a go but I feel if I only hit weights 3x a week I'll just spend the other days doing cardio and never get size

Eat more, if you're not over reaching with your activities. Than calories / protein is what holds you back.

Eat more, if you're not over reaching with your activities. Than calories / protein is what holds you back.
You think so? Not over-cardio/not enough weights? Weights is only 3 times a week if I go with DC, while cardio-based activities would be ten times a week. I would think that would send the wrong signals? Or if I train hard enough it doesn't really matter?

You think so? Not over-cardio/not enough weights? Weights is only 3 times a week if I go with DC, while cardio-based activities would be ten times a week. I would think that would send the wrong signals? Or if I train hard enough it doesn't really matter?

I train DC and do a shit load of cardio. BJJ and Cycling. If you do it right it's plenty.

I train DC and do a shit load of cardio. BJJ and Cycling. If you do it right it's plenty.
Love it brother! Thats exactly what I wanted to hear! I wanna bulk but I want to stay active, keep the jits, hikes, running, and just general athleticism but still gain some real size y'know.

Love it brother! Thats exactly what I wanted to hear! I wanna bulk but I want to stay active, keep the jits, hikes, running, and just general athleticism but still gain some real size y'know.
You better up the calories big time if you want to put on real size and do that much activity aside from lifting. You're going to need all your maintenance calories, plus excess calories to build muscle, plus excess calories on top of that to fuel all your other activities. I don't think that's a good approach if you're serious about putting on significant muscle. Aside from the caloric needs you're also going to really have to maximize recovery to grow with doing all that.

You better up the calories big time if you want to put on real size and do that much activity aside from lifting. You're going to need all your maintenance calories, plus excess calories to build muscle, plus excess calories on top of that to fuel all your other activities. I don't think that's a good approach if you're serious about putting on significant muscle. Aside from the caloric needs you're also going to really have to maximize recovery to grow with doing all that.

Very true, DC isn't very calorie demanding. He can put on some size if the calories are there, if he wants to be a well rounded athlete I don't think a lot of size quickly will help him. But if he wants a lot of mass quickly you are correct. And he'll have to compromise.

It will be slow, you're going to have to prioritize what you want and when. I "bulk" Nov-April. My activities are limited by weather and daylight. I don't gain anything during the summer, but I look damn good lol.

I just feel better when I eat more and move more. My biggest concern is having enough stimulus for growth, I think I’ll be able to manage recovery.

Very true, DC isn't very calorie demanding. He can put on some size if the calories are there, if he wants to be a well rounded athlete I don't think a lot of size quickly will help him. But if he wants a lot of mass quickly you are correct. And he'll have to compromise.
Not really a well rounded athlete but just feeling athletic while I bulk, you know like being able to just get up and go for a run or a hike whenever the opportunity rises. Instead of the bodybuilder who’s only activity is the gym and is stuck in the couch the rest of the day.
It will be slow, you're going to have to prioritize what you want and when. I "bulk" Nov-April. My activities are limited by weather and daylight. I don't gain anything during the summer, but I look damn good lol.
I’ve realized I’ve been spinning my wheels for the last few years so I’m going to be really prioritizing adding size for the foreseeable future with the other activities just as leisure/social things.

I just feel better when I eat more and move more. My biggest concern is having enough stimulus for growth, I think I’ll be able to manage recovery.

Not really a well rounded athlete but just feeling athletic while I bulk, you know like being able to just get up and go for a run or a hike whenever the opportunity rises. Instead of the bodybuilder who’s only activity is the gym and is stuck in the couch the rest of the day.

I’ve realized I’ve been spinning my wheels for the last few years so I’m going to be really prioritizing adding size for the foreseeable future with the other activities just as leisure/social things.
If you're just doing some cardio every day. And not trying to be a performance athlete. You'll be fine.

If you're just doing some cardio every day. And not trying to be a performance athlete. You'll be fine.
Yeah the plan is weights 3x a week, BJJ 4x (two easy, two hard), and daily fasted cardio. Nothing terribly strenuous that a few hundred calories can't take care of.

Yeah the plan is weights 3x a week, BJJ 4x (two easy, two hard), and daily fasted cardio. Nothing terribly strenuous that a few hundred calories can't take care of.

You'll be fine.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave