over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Frequency

bigzzz

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
I hear a lot of guys these days train 5-6(and even 7) times per week. Now I'm hearing more pro's advocate 4 times(Nick Walker, @b-boy etc.) What is your take on training, do you train to much but you just enjoy it? Did you notice more gains training less etc.?

5 training 2 cardio. Hit everything once a week low volume to failure. Priority parts add extra work to increase volume/frequency.

Depends on so many factors. Personally not a fan of ppl , u/l, full body. Busy gym sessions take longer.

For myself, I love training. So I go 5-6 times a week. I know I will probably maker better progress with 4 times per week tho.

Hard to not go lol.

Also have to mention I’m getting a recumbent bike in my apartment living room.. lol

Gonna be doing at least 30 minutes of cardio on training days, maybe an hour on off days while I watch YouTube or Netflix

practical and all my life I train 5 times a week with weights and 6 times a week I do cardio - I have one day a week on Sundays completely free but honestly if I don't go out for a longer walk or do some other, even very light physical activity, I feel just fine that day wrong - I am a strong proponent of active regeneration

practical and all my life I train 5 times a week with weights and 6 times a week I do cardio - I have one day a week on Sundays completely free but honestly if I don't go out for a longer walk or do some other, even very light physical activity, I feel just fine that day wrong - I am a strong proponent of active regeneration
Is your cardio an incline walk on a treadmill. Or do you do more of a light jog?

Cage

To answer the OP’s original question, I’m typically 4/5 days per week. Haven’t been doing any cardio lately, but I plan to soon. I just keep procrastinating on the cardio because I HATE cardio!

Cage

Is your cardio an incline walk on a treadmill. Or do you do more of a light jog?

Cage
man I weigh 130 kg if I had to do jogging I would probably have a heart attack lol
in the morning on an empty stomach always treadmill 4.5 km/h, 3% incline

I train push and pull, 2 days on 1 day off, the off day is followed by LEGS - which is followed by another day off before I repeat the process of hitting push and pull back to back.

Outside of the gym I walk 10k steps a day minimum

I train instinctively. It all depends on my body and mind that day. I rarely train more than 3 days in a row with weights. Lately it’s 2 on, 1 off for the most part. It depends on my recovery. My mental state is a big part of it lately as well. Cardio I may do daily or I may skip a week. Cardio is mostly mental with me. When I’m going through depression I tend to skip cardio. If I’m mentally well I’ll do it daily. The only thing I refuse to skip is legs. I have to train them on schedule for the lower back and leg strength I need to help pick up my wheelchair bound mom. Squats and deadlifts keep my core strong which helps my spinal issues.

PPL 2 on 1 off is all I can do.

If there is an arm day, I can do 5x a week for a little bit, but do get run down eventually

Brad Schoenfeld and Menno Henselman's are the experts on this. It's more about volume and intensity than days per week.

I train 3 on 1 off
Chest , arms , quads.
Rest
Back , shoulders , hams
Rest.

I've trained , four , five , six and seven days a week but I have found that this split works best for me in terms of recovery and convenience with everyday life.

It's really all a balance of effort given, intensity, and volume (note effort and intensity are different but we often use them interchangeably). I work out 3-4 times a week doing full body (jordan peters style) one set to failure on each muscle group. It's been working well and I do enjoy it. I tried the every body part to failure daily routine but I hit a wall and find EOD-ish works best for me.

PPL

2 days on, 1 day off, repeat.

I hear a lot of guys these days train 5-6(and even 7) times per week. Now I'm hearing more pro's advocate 4 times(Nick Walker, @b-boy etc.) What is your take on training, do you train to much but you just enjoy it? Did you notice more gains training less etc.?
When work and life isn't trying to kill me lol, I like 3 (maybe a 4th) hard days training a compound pattern (overhead, squat deadlift). I do cardio (LISS or HIIT) 4-6 days a week and sprinkle assistance work throughout the week. Mostly, I try to be practical and balance gym time with life and career. We've gotten incredibly busy in my field the past year and training has definitely taken a back seat.

5 training 2 cardio. Hit everything once a week low volume to failure. Priority parts add extra work to increase volume/frequency.

Depends on so many factors. Personally not a fan of ppl , u/l, full body. Busy gym sessions take longer.

what are you considering low volume if you don't mind me asking?

For the sake of conversation I'm going to say Overtraining is over exaggerated. Your body will be forced to adapt. If you work a job that you use the same muscles over and over day after day you aren't going to have weaker muscles there are you? I guess a lot has to do with overall body stress, rest, and nutrition (protein) to recover. If your goal is muscle size I think then overtraining could be a thing but for strength and performance (coordination, muscle fiber recruitment, condition) more frequency isn't a bad thing. Look at guys having success bringing up calves or lagging muscle they use frequency because it keeps that muscle forced to work even when it's not fully recovered. I could be totally wrong here but just some other thoughts on this subject

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws