over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Frequency

in my experience, training frequency is subjective, very strong individuals like @luki7788 can and must train 5 times a week, with heavy loads it takes more time to recover, but I also know people who train only with metabolic workouts (example chest:

4x30 chest presses
4x30 crosses to the cables
4x30 multipower thrusts
4x30 crosses at low wires

I can assure you that they are still 95/100Kg guys who compete and are in excellent physical condition, they apply this method because they don't have strength, these guys train 6 times all year round (even every day at times), obviously it counts the support of AAS+GH+insulin is also very good, if a natural trains like this he empties of glycogen and becomes anorexic

Is it solely the volume increase that resulted in better growth? Over time your nutrition and gear knowledge would have gotten better. If what you know now was applied when you were doing lower volume, do you think you would have had better muscle gains?

Also, was this when trying to get past a heavier body weight of, say, 230 or more? Because the lower volume would have built muscle up until that point.
5 years ago I weighed 135kg doing low volume but when I started adding volume my weight didn't change because now I weigh around 130-135kg (depending on the period) but I'm bigger than ever before(the body composition is much better and the dimensions of the arms, thighs or chest are much larger). My diet or gear hasn't changed much and basically it's been the same all this time

the main change was the training, both the larger volume and the pace as well as the accuracy and technique of execution

looking from the practice of 6-8 sets per group are good volume to keep the muscles but not to grow - me looking at myself and my clients only when I increased the volume did I start to really grow again

At low volume (this is how I trained for as long as I can remember) I was always very strong but muscle growth did not go hand in hand with strength - I believe that for growth you need 10 to 20 sets working a week for a muscle group
I have found the same thing to be true!

I have found the same thing to be true!
I've recently starting training 6 days a week instead of 3 (doubled the volume) and I'm growing very well. How long are you personally able to stay with the higher volume?

This was me. I soooo much enjoy the gym, working out, getting pumped and being in the environment that I never wanted to take a day off. I liked interacting with the hottie females and getting that workout "high" that the act of training became my goal rather than using training to obtain my goal (better physique). When I dropped back to 4x per week I made gains I had not made in years.
Yep same... What's your split?

As you age, and it seems recovery becomes even more of an issue, are you guys finding it better to train less frequently/more frequently/the same?

I've recently starting training 6 days a week instead of 3 (doubled the volume) and I'm growing very well. How long are you personally able to stay with the higher volume?
After 8 weeks of higher volume training, I have to reduce the sets for 1-2 weeks to help combat joint pain, tendon pain and overall fatigue. Then I go back to the higher volume for another 8 weeks and start the training cycle all over. Likewise, I get the most results for my efforts from a higher dosed steroid cycle for approximately 8 weeks. After 8 weeks my gains start to plateau. I have found the best way to gain maximal size is to simultaneously combine higher volume training with higher dosages of steroids for 8 weeks and then back off training and steroid dosages for 1-2 weeks. Then repeat.

Yep same... What's your split?
When I was going 6x per week it was: Push/Pull/Legs/Push/Pull/Legs/Off

Now I am:

Upper body (minus biceps)
Lower body (plus biceps)
OFF
Lower body (plus biceps)
OFF
OFF

After 8 weeks of higher volume training, I have to reduce the sets for 1-2 weeks to help combat joint pain, tendon pain and overall fatigue. Then I go back to the higher volume for another 8 weeks and start the training cycle all over. Likewise, I get the most results for my efforts from a higher dosed steroid cycle for approximately 8 weeks. After 8 weeks my gains start to plateau. I have found the best way to gain maximal size is to simultaneously combine higher volume training with higher dosages of steroids for 8 weeks and then back off training and steroid dosages for 1-2 weeks. Then repeat.
Do calories go up for those 8 weeks than back down? Do you think the low volume and aas phases should be done for everyone or only people close to their genetic potential?

the main change was the training, both the larger volume and the pace as well as the accuracy and technique of execution

Luki, can you expand on this? When you say pace, do you mean more time under tension, less rest between sets (giant sets), or something else entirely?

Do calories go up for those 8 weeks than back down? Do you think the low volume and aas phases should be done for everyone or only people close to their genetic potential?
When I was trying to gain maximal size my caloric intake was increased by around 500 per day. I’ve been higher but it made me gain too much body fat. I learned not to reduce calories during my 1-2 week deload because doing so resulted in as much muscle loss as fat loss. The goal is to maintain as much muscle as possible during the deloading phase while giving the body a break. I believe the higher volume and lower volume training phases should be done by everyone to prevent injury and burnout, thus priming their body for future gains or maintenance. I do not believe those wishing to just maintain the muscle they have built need to take higher dosages of steroids for 8 weeks. They can just cruise at a maintenance dose that suits their needs. Blasting 8 week steroid cycles are only needed for bodybuilders trying to gain maximal mass—whether they be a newbie or an advanced lifter.

When I was trying to gain maximal size my caloric intake was increased by around 500 per day. I’ve been higher but it made me gain too much body fat. I learned not to reduce calories during my 1-2 week deload because doing so resulted in as much muscle loss as fat loss. The goal is to maintain as much muscle as possible during the deloading phase while giving the body a break. I believe the higher volume and lower volume training phases should be done by everyone to prevent injury and burnout, thus priming their body for future gains or maintenance. I do not believe those wishing to just maintain the muscle they have built need to take higher dosages of steroids for 8 weeks. They can just cruise at a maintenance dose that suits their needs. Blasting 8 week steroid cycles are only needed for bodybuilders trying to gain maximal mass—whether they be a newbie or an advanced lifter.
Interesting thank you. I do similar but drop calories

Example train hard at 8 weeks physically beat up, I can usually tell mentally first I need a break because I don't look forward to the gym I'm already thinking about adjusting routine. So I'll take a 1-2 week break. Hit the gym a few times to get a pump, daily cardio to recover. AAS stays the same but I drop calories by about 500 a day to shed a few lbs of fat, prime for higher carbs when I go back to all out in the gym.

I always felt like as long as protein is high and on at least 400mg muscle loss won't be s problem over 8-10 days, you think it could be though?

Luki, can you expand on this? When you say pace, do you mean more time under tension, less rest between sets (giant sets), or something else entirely?
controlled repetitions, the negative is controlled all the time, once in the past I would just drop the weight quickly

When I was going 6x per week it was: Push/Pull/Legs/Push/Pull/Legs/Off

Now I am:

Lower body (plus biceps)
OFF
Lower body (plus biceps)
OFF
OFF

I have no governor for sets. A working set is when the weight stops moving despite maximal effort and good form. Usually 6-8 sets a muscle. So doing that 6 days a week my CNS is fried and progression stalls quite quickly. I don’t have the mentality to do RPE 8 sets.

So I had to move to 2 on 1 off. Same intensity and volume…boom…growing again.

When my lowish set routine stalls, I increase volume by doing a MR instead of topset/backoff. More working volume before “hitting failure”.

When I’m in the mood to get my deadlift or bench numbers up, doing a 2/3rds method auto regulation works well. Go for top 3, 6, or 9 rep top set. Then you’re either gonna do doubles, 4s, or 6s with that same weight until you cant. Might be one set, might be 3. Then the next week choose a different topset #. Slowly progress your 3,6,9 topset.

Interesting thank you. I do similar but drop calories

Example train hard at 8 weeks physically beat up, I can usually tell mentally first I need a break because I don't look forward to the gym I'm already thinking about adjusting routine. So I'll take a 1-2 week break. Hit the gym a few times to get a pump, daily cardio to recover. AAS stays the same but I drop calories by about 500 a day to shed a few lbs of fat, prime for higher carbs when I go back to all out in the gym.

I always felt like as long as protein is high and on at least 400mg muscle loss won't be s problem over 8-10 days, you think it could be though?
I don’t think you’ll lose muscle during the 1-2 week deload by slightly reducing calories since you’re steroid dosage is the same.

As you age, and it seems recovery becomes even more of an issue, are you guys finding it better to train less frequently/more frequently/the same?
Four days on, one day off was my preference for years. A few years ago I went to a 5 day split doing the same amount of work I had done in 4. I needed an extra day between deadlifts (back) and legs, and my performance improved. A couple years ago I moved to 5 on two off, and again saw improvement. I’m 48 now and more recovery definitely seems beneficial.
My problem is that this is my primary hobby and time off is not so great for my mental health.

I lift and run everyday except Saturday..and that’s simply because I don’t have time on Saturdays

I think Menno does a fine job interpreting all the evidence.
I don't really think people who are looking to add a ton of muscle or be the leanest guy in the gym are his target audience. He has a lot of posts about rir, how to train pregnant women, menopause, not eating too much protein, mood, etc. He just kind of repeats and comments on any studies that pop up and apples them to the general population vs enhanced guys looking to stand out

I go 2 on 1 off, 3 on 1 off and repeat. Fasted cardio bike/walk 30-45min x 6 year around. 60-75min x 6 when cutting.
Abs 2-3 times a week.
Days with the heaviest workloads/most sets are the first 3 training days in the cycle. Lighter days at the end of the split.
I go high carb & protein w/moderate fat on lifting days. High protein, med/high fat and low carbs on cardio only & off days.

For example:
Mon: am cardio / pm heavy
Tue: am cardio / pm heavy
Wed: am cardio / pm off
Thu: am cardio / pm heavy
Fri: am cardo / pm light (bis, forearms only, etc.)
Sat: am cardio / pm light (tris & abs, etc)
Sun: off

I go 3-4 days a week following an every other day sequence which works well for me and allows recovery before I hit the next muscle round.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131