over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training in the AM instead of night

trenblown

Banned
Guys,

I currently wake up around 5am and do fasted cardio, then head to work. I train after work about 12hrs later.

I'm toying with the idea of doing everything in the AM. Maybe get up around 3:30 or 4 for AM cardio, have breakfast, then train and go to work.

My thinking is that I'll get more rest between workouts, and I'll be able to get more calories throughout the day after training (right now I only have time for a PWO shake and one meal before I hit the sack). Also, I can keep carbs in the first part of the day and not eat any at night which always gives me good results when trying to stay lean.

Thoughts?

I pretty much always train in the morning these days after breakfast (whey/oats). I like training in the evening better but I like to get it over with and then have the calories I eat be put to use afterwards.

I train 7PM Thurs Friday and Saturday. Gym is empty so can get in and out in no time.

Monday and Tuesday I train around 2 pm. I could never get used to early morning training

I do fasted cardio at 5 AM...go home and eat breakfast...then back to the gym around 9:30 for training. Been doing it this way for years. Finish training, then home for lunch and have the rest of the day open.

There is so much bro info out there that you have to train a certain way eat a certain way....just train, eat and grow, I train every morning on an empty stomach stay big and lean at 215 lbs. this isn't rocket science. when it comes to growth nutrition is everything and finding what works best for you!

Attachments

• most muscular.jpg
    most muscular.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 322
I have to be at work by 8:00am. I get up at 4:00 gym opens at 5:00am I do my weights then cardio. Eat a light breakfast before, works for me unfortunately I don't have time in the evening or that would work better but I like not having to wait for equipment.

There is so much bro info out there that you have to train a certain way eat a certain way....just train, eat and grow, I train every morning on an empty stomach stay big and lean at 215 lbs. this isn't rocket science. when it comes to growth nutrition is everything and finding what works best for you!

Can you grow training on an empty stomach?

Can you grow training on an empty stomach?

I have made my best gains training in the morning on an empty stomach and on a low carb diet with a once a week refeed/cheat meal. I stay lean and add muscle. Post workout I have 50 grams of protein in a shake and the rest of the day protein and good fats. My daily protein intake is roughly 300 grams. I am definitely on gear but I keep my calories fairly low then fuel the body with a big meal once a week. Remember everybody is different but this works well for me and I'm a lot older than most of you all Lol!

I have made my best gains training in the morning on an empty stomach and on a low carb diet with a once a week refeed/cheat meal. I stay lean and add muscle. Post workout I have 50 grams of protein in a shake and the rest of the day protein and good fats. My daily protein intake is roughly 300 grams. I am definitely on gear but I keep my calories fairly low then fuel the body with a big meal once a week. Remember everybody is different but this works well for me and I'm a lot older than most of you all Lol!

Nice! The handful of times I've ever weight trained on an empty stomach, I needed to take a pre workout for energy. Wasn't too bad as long as I ate a good meal the night before

now how on earth you do that in the morning, hats off to you I've been planning this for months as I have to do a rehabbing stretching+exrcs routine that I really want to do in the late afternoon/evening (it just does not work out to be in the morning..)

oh do I sound lazy... I think not

Last edited:
Nice! The handful of times I've ever weight trained on an empty stomach, I needed to take a pre workout for energy. Wasn't too bad as long as I ate a good meal the night before

I always take a pre workout before. I think the longer your on a certain way of eating your body adapts to it. I'm a morning person and go to bed early so I am ready to train first thing.

now how on earth you do that in the morning, hats off to you I've been planning this for months as I have to do a rehabbing stretching+exrcs routine that I really want to do in the late afternoon/evening (it just does not work out to be in the morning..)

oh do I sound lazy... I think not

I get up hit it hard and then go on with my day. It works for me my energy is highest first thing in the morning.

Same here. Been training around 4:00am for over 10 years. Train on an empty stomach, cardio, and then a protein shake. About 45 minutes later, I'm eating my first meal which is usually an omelette and oatmeal. After that the rest of my meals consist of protein and good fats with a few occasional fruits thrown in the first two or three meals.

I can easily maintain weight and body fat this way. When I want to gain I add in more protein and fats, when I want to lose I drop the 2-3 meals I eat per week that are what I consider free meals.

I actually can't train with any food in my system as it throws me off.

Sent from my LG-D850

Im in the gym at 4am doing an eaa and bcaa intra only. Out at 5 am bfore the others start to flock in. Eat all day long and 4 day/wk do .5 hr cardio at night. pro

I have trained a few times early in the morning didn't feel I got a good workout but can do cardio fasted have done before when prepping for shows I am sure that gains can be achieved workout on a empty stomach.

Like to train in evening better workout for me with at lest 5 meals in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always been a super early riser, so I train in the morning as well. I used to do it on an empty stomach but since working with my coach I do at least egg whites (and preferably cream of rice) beforehand.

I've always been a super early riser, so I train in the morning as well. I used to do it on an empty stomach but since working with my coach I do at least egg whites (and preferably cream of rice) beforehand.

Basically the same thing I do.. I toss back 2 packets of cream of rice, a small carton of egg whites and a rice cake with natty peanut butter on it.
Drinking the egg whites keeps my stomach from feeling full before training.

Same here. Been training around 4:00am for over 10 years. Train on an empty stomach, cardio, and then a protein shake. About 45 minutes later, I'm eating my first meal which is usually an omelette and oatmeal. After that the rest of my meals consist of protein and good fats with a few occasional fruits thrown in the first two or three meals.

I can easily maintain weight and body fat this way. When I want to gain I add in more protein and fats, when I want to lose I drop the 2-3 meals I eat per week that are what I consider free meals.

I actually can't train with any food in my system as it throws me off.

Sent from my LG-D850

It's so easy to get caught up in you have to eat a lot to grow. I always believed that but the bottom line for me was that I increased body fat. My thought and this is just me is that protein is all you need plus a big refeed to replenish glycogen stores and to kick start your leptin production to keep your body fat low.

Guys,

I currently wake up around 5am and do fasted cardio, then head to work. I train after work about 12hrs later.

I'm toying with the idea of doing everything in the AM. Maybe get up around 3:30 or 4 for AM cardio, have breakfast, then train and go to work.

My thinking is that I'll get more rest between workouts, and I'll be able to get more calories throughout the day after training (right now I only have time for a PWO shake and one meal before I hit the sack). Also, I can keep carbs in the first part of the day and not eat any at night which always gives me good results when trying to stay lean.

Thoughts?

Man I'm in the same boat. I do feel I get better gains when I can feed all day. But my work outs aren't as good in the morning. 12 hr days make it very hard. I do find it better if I use karbolin pre workout. Regular food just doesn't hit the muscles fast enough

110% or expect to regret it!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner