over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training in "The Dungeon"

aeliop

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am fortunate in the fact that I have access to 3 different places to train here in town. This gives me a bit of a variation and choice of how and where I train depending on what I feel like.

I train people out of a private upscale studio that is only 14 blocks away. I have the key, it's private, so if I feel like just training alone or some early or late cardio, it's perfect. Also if I am in a rush for time or works out pretty well as I train a client or 2, train myself, and then train someone else.

Most of the time since I moved back in town I have trained at The World Gym. Great atmosphere, a lot of high level male and female competitors, including Dexter Jackson and Lee Banks. This atmosphere helped me get ready for the shows I competed in this year. I was really hurting mentally when I arrived and all the competitors really took me in. The DJC is such a big deal in the gym, a lot of members attend, a lot compete in it, and a lot volunteer. When I won the Masters I quickly went to the top of the food chain in the gym. This was good and bad. While it was cool getting all the respect and love, including when ever I saw Dexter he would say "whats up champ" it also maybe started to get to my head a little. I found myself going in one to many times not so much to train as I was "taking a victory lap" I still do go to this gym and when Nancy comes in town she will go over to meet with "Team Blade" Leading up to North Americas she would come in every 2 weeks or so to meet with Dexter and Gale Ellie for posing and observation. For me though I decided to make a few changes.

Though I had scene the both of them for years I never had formally met Mike and Terri Vona. Mike has been a National Level competitor for years with many titles to his credit and his lovely wife Terri has been cleaning up around the state of Florida and has done well on the national level. They run a hardcore personal training business out of a gym that I refer to as "The Dungeon" (they now proudly call it that as well) and they have a team of competitive bodybuilders, figure, and bikini. They have a rep for taking really good care of their athletes on and off the stage.

So the timing seem to be right when I met them at The North Americas. Right off the bat I liked them both. They were putting the finishing touches on signing youtube and teen sensation Cody Lewis. So Mike basically says to me hey you did great at the Dexter but you have gone as far as you are going to go unless you join a real team. We all went to dinner after the show, he was trying to sign Lynx as well as Nancy. I told him as soon as I got back to Jax I would call him and we would work something out.

We came to an agreement and I started driving to the other side of town to train at his place. The atmosphere in the dungeon is about as hardcore as you can get, no ac, loud music, lots of steel, but high quality equipment chosen my Mike himself. So we started training and either Mike or Terri is killing me every session. We are working to bring up every week part and every workout we are taking to the limit. My leg training has been pure torture with a throw up bucket needed everytime. I think this is really going to help me improve and up my game a little.

Mike and Terri

terr2.jpg

terri1.jpg

mike2.jpg

To be continued

The Dungeon

Here are some pics of "The Dungeon"

If you are looking for Lifestyle Family Fitness or a Planet Fitness this probably ain't the place for you. However if you are looking to get your ass kicked and grow well....​
pm1.JPG

This is when you know you are hardcore. No key fob, security card, or dip shit working the front desk. No here there is a Pitt Bull and if he doesn't chew you a new asshole then you can come in and train...hahaha​
pm2.JPG

The dents in the door are a result of bodybuilders settling there disputes in the parking lot.....no shit, I am not lying​
pm3.JPG

Hardcore doesn't mean that the equipment isn't top notch.​
pm4.JPG

pm5.JPG

More Pics

A little more of the atmosphere​
pm6.JPG

There is no shortage of Trophies from Mike and Terri only a shortage of space to put them​
pm7.JPG

pm8.JPG

Here I am, Terri ran me through a back and bi workout last night, they have a little different approach but off course I had to throw in my 70 degree bicep curls.​
pm10.JPG

pm11.JPG

Some of me training

I am training harder then ever and that is saying something because I have been training a long time...lol​
pm9.JPG

pm12.JPG

pm13.JPG

More then anything I have been killing my back and my legs, trying to bring those up. After leg training not only have I wanted to puke but it's tough to drive home since I have manual transmission. I also found that during leg training it is hard to find a position that my legs are not burning. I wasn't training legs on this day but I gave a couple of leg shots all the same.​
pm14.JPG

pm15.JPG

How the hell can you call that a real gym without the racketball courts and swimming pools damn it? :D :D

Looking very fit my friend. Great pics as always.

I am ready to hit it up with you. I kinda been slacking lately and put on about 13lbs...holding about 15% BF though which is a long shot from last summer.

Your looking dry Tony. Legs looking good as well. I've been currently killing legs, and getting sick every time too :banghead: . It sucks, but whatever it takes.

I like the dungeon. We don't have a hardcore gym here anymore and it stinks. I would die to have a place like that to train at. Enjoy it and thanks for another good thread. I enjoy reading them :headbang:

I'm from Alabama so maybe one day I can travel down and try the dungeon out ::port-smi

when ever I saw Dexter he would say "whats up champ" it also maybe started to get to my head a little. I found myself going in one to many times not so much to train as I was "taking a victory lap"

:headbang::D Awesome, Awesome, Awesome! Much respect, Way to go on checking yourself. I think we all need this once in awhile. And your progress is going well obviously......

Looks like a great atmosphere to put in work-I like it.

I remember training in places like that in my early 20's. It was great back then, but now I just couldn't do it anymore. I guess I became soft. lol

I like it Tony, nice and to the point, just get in there and kick some ass for awhile and get out!

You are looking very good, legs especially look great, keep up the great work!

awesome gym. Squat cage? Deadlift area?

puke bucket???
piss bucket????

a pair of dirty mens tightiewhities in the corner (soiled)
with cobwebs growing on them????

duct-tape holding the ends on an olympic bar cuz all the bolts
on the ends came loose??????

a trail of dried blood from the cage......to the utliity tub in the bathroom????
:D(i may or may not be the one.....OR.....the one who CAUSED the incident:D

homemade 200lb plates???????!!!!!!!!!!??????????

:confused:

:cool:

Last edited:
Awesome looking gym, love places like that- gets the blood flowing.

i like the no mirrors also

btw.........looking good and happy Tony

:)

i like the no mirrors also

btw.........looking good and happy Tony

:)

Same like the no mirrors as well. Cant stand all those spandex tight arses wannabe's wankers looking in the mirror all the bloody time!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear