over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training injured/older

graybass

Registered
Thought sharing some of my experiences could help others.
I competed in power competitions for 22 years. Trained like an idiot for many others lol. I'm over 60 and still lift 5 days a week.
Major tears in both rotator cuffs, disconnected supraspinatus in the right one and minor tear in front left delt. Herniated discs in lumbar region, been nursing that for 20 years.
Tore my Quad tendon in left knee. The Big One was when I slipped on black ice about 18 months ago and fell down a flight of concrete stairs. Completely disconnected all Quad muscles in the right leg, MAJOR SURGERY! Just barely walking normal now.
My point is my orthopedic surgeon refuses to operate on either shoulder or my lumbar damage. He says my shoulders and lower back are like ground beef and surgery will make it worse. SOOOOO,
My only choice was/is massive therapy. Both knees are surgically repaired.
I rehabbed my shoulders by starting very light and doing all push and pulling motions I could do pain free. Slowly (couple of years) my range of motion now is a million times better. Muscle surrounding the damage begins to take over eventually.
After a year of supervised therapy, I now do a full-blown leg workout, very light for now but Squats, leg press, leg extensions, leg curls, and calves.
My message is, with hard work you can recover. Does not mean super heavy weights but never missing a workout. Even at my age I am getting stronger every week!
I'm a leaner, meaner, version of myself. My girlfriend who is a national level figure competitor likes me better now!
Feel free to message me about my journey anytime.

Thought sharing some of my experiences could help others.
I competed in power competitions for 22 years. Trained like an idiot for many others lol. I'm over 60 and still lift 5 days a week.
Major tears in both rotator cuffs, disconnected supraspinatus in the right one and minor tear in front left delt. Herniated discs in lumbar region, been nursing that for 20 years.
Tore my Quad tendon in left knee. The Big One was when I slipped on black ice about 18 months ago and fell down a flight of concrete stairs. Completely disconnected all Quad muscles in the right leg, MAJOR SURGERY! Just barely walking normal now.
My point is my orthopedic surgeon refuses to operate on either shoulder or my lumbar damage. He says my shoulders and lower back are like ground beef and surgery will make it worse. SOOOOO,
My only choice was/is massive therapy. Both knees are surgically repaired.
I rehabbed my shoulders by starting very light and doing all push and pulling motions I could do pain free. Slowly (couple of years) my range of motion now is a million times better. Muscle surrounding the damage begins to take over eventually.
After a year of supervised therapy, I now do a full-blown leg workout, very light for now but Squats, leg press, leg extensions, leg curls, and calves.
My message is, with hard work you can recover. Does not mean super heavy weights but never missing a workout. Even at my age I am getting stronger every week!
I'm a leaner, meaner, version of myself. My girlfriend who is a national level figure competitor likes me better now!
Feel free to message me about my journey anytime.
Glad to here brother you feel you coulda done anything different supplementation wise or PeD wise or was it just too much weight and bad luck that did it. My biggest injury is a partial meniscus tear which I was just walking, I was 280 but other than that I think just shut luck as I walk every day.

Like to mention I'm on HRT for many years. I also conservatively blast a little. Mainly Test, Deca and 2-4 IU GH daily. Using gear in moderate doses has truly helped me make progress. Even my doctor said so.
PED's never hurt me. I have heart disease in my family, so I never did Knuckle head amounts just out of fear LOL
I think strength training is the key to life.
I want to add I went to a big pool party July 3rd. I had a ton of musician friends at the party, maybe few people there worked out. I'm over 60 and even with my scars and injuries I had the best physique in the pool!
Yeah Baby! Still excited about making progress!

Like to mention I'm on HRT for many years. I also conservatively blast a little. Mainly Test, Deca and 2-4 IU GH daily. Using gear in moderate doses has truly helped me make progress. Even my doctor said so.
PED's never hurt me. I have heart disease in my family, so I never did Knuckle head amounts just out of fear LOL
I think strength training is the key to life.
I want to add I went to a big pool party July 3rd. I had a ton of musician friends at the party, maybe few people there worked out. I'm over 60 and even with my scars and injuries I had the best physique in the pool!
Yeah Baby! Still excited about making progress!
That’s a good feeling for sure. I’ve had. Kirby’s who take around 500 mg a week and I told them be honest with their docs and had quite a few docs blown away by the health benefits of PEDs so yea mid doses are prett my safe for me the body is at its worst health wise when I’m north of 250 weight is a big deal and cardio is huge.

Its nice to hear stories where you persevere. Its tough working around injuries and inspiring to hear you did just that.
Thing is people generally injured , still try to rush the healing process

Key is slow the fuck down , take off enough time , when still injured - use exercises or form adjustments that won't put you at risk and will help with building supporting muscles around injury - use light weight - never push - instead put down the weight - form adjustments include partials-
Range of motion - minimize it --over months - you slowly increase it - if able

Use your elixirs to help healing - adjust how you sleep - how you walk - how you put that area in any position --- think what feels the best - does this out unnecessary strain on area

Be alert , be proactive

I'm 62 to many injuries to list I would suggest researching BPC 157

Reactions: Bio

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner