over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

training legs with bum knee??

Ataraxia

Registered
I currently have a torn ACL and minisucus in my left knee... The ACL tear is partial and it is stretched enough to where my knee lacks support...
Anyone know of leg excersices that are not too rough on the knees?
Like leg extensions kill, but someone told me to not come all the way down with them, and that seems to be tolerable.
I wrap my knee and am taking 200mgs pregnegnelone ED which is what a doc told me COULD heal my knee without surgery... sounds far fetched but worth a shot...
The injury is not new, it's over a year old and i have trained legs before, but now that i am trying to limit the damage during this healing phase im pretty lost on what i can do??

Welp just imagine in 10 or even 5 years from now how well your knees will be....

I myself wouldn't do anything except get surgery...walking is one of the finer points in life.

dude i hade ortho sergery on left knee and the doc told me once the knee has damage ther are no blood vessels to repair the problem so it is downhill from that point on ..sorry- 9yrs ago and i am starting to have problems again. i am 40yrs old . the doc told me we can clean the area again and try and hold out as long as possible before "reconsruction" sorry again.
my personal experiance is deca 600ml wk lubs the joints and makes pain goaway.
if this can help-good luck..

do not do leg extensions!!! they are terrible on the knees. your gonna have to play around with different exercises to see which ones you can do. id suggest higher reps and higher intensity like drop sets. i have disc problems in my lower back and knee problems ...ive decided to do spinning and higher rep leg exercises more of a dc type training.

do not do leg extensions!!! they are terrible on the knees. your gonna have to play around with different exercises to see which ones you can do. id suggest higher reps and higher intensity like drop sets. i have disc problems in my lower back and knee problems ...ive decided to do spinning and higher rep leg exercises more of a dc type training.

ya i have been doing about 40-60 minutes of stepmill 5x a week, so that has helped keep them tone, but want to make sure i keep strength up and maybe get a little size now that im on this nice cycle!

I saw an article over at T nation, could'nt find it but if you did some searching they had something one training legs with knee problems. Pretty good if I remember. hope that helps.

My knees are destroyed. Google this horse racing drug...pentosan equine injection. It reduces inflammation, regenerates cartilage, increases senovial fluid. I am going to start using it this friday. Don't purchase it until I try it out. If I die, avoids purchasing it. Hahaha :eek:

I have a f'ed up lower back. I just started doing squats again, but really light and use a slight pause on the bottom (atg) and also sometimes with supersets.

Another exercise I started doing is single leg presses but with a twist. Use a box and go over to the pull-up assist station and use that to do single vertical leg presses.

Another good one is box lunges, one leg at a time.

Would you be able to do more wearing a high end sports brace? I've been in one for the last four weeks due to a torn meniscus but I'm reluctant to do any lifts just yet.

I currently have a torn ACL and minisucus in my left knee... The ACL tear is partial and it is stretched enough to where my knee lacks support...
Like leg extensions kill, but someone told me to not come all the way down with them, and that seems to be tolerable.
I wrap my knee and am taking 200mgs pregnegnelone ED which is what a doc told me COULD heal my knee without surgery... sounds far fetched but worth a shot...
The injury is not new, it's over a year old and i have trained legs before, but now that i am trying to limit the damage during this healing phase im pretty lost on what i can do??

I'm training around knee pain as well bro, but mine is arthritic. I do leg press and be sure to place my feet higher up on the plate and never let my knees pass over my shins. I do that with hack squats and lunges as well and the pain is MUCH less severe. So basically just don't go as deep as you normally do. Sure, some will argue you won't make gains, but it's just not true. My legs have improved a lot since last year doing this but still training heavy(6-8 reps) and drop sets for everything. Try warming up a LOT more than you do right now too. Get a lot of blood in there before you even start your first working set. I used to only do 3 warm up sets, but now I do 5-6 and that has helped a lot too.

I also took about 4 months off from heavy leg training, and stuck to 20-30 rep sets and that helped a lot too.

Back in the day I was squating over 600 w- 800 pd negetives. 15yrs later an old injury creped up from hyper extending my knee kicking my harley over. Had to take time off about 9 mnths, just started back with high reps, slow and steady. No pain as of now and will continue slow and steady. [no squats for now]. Worked well healing my torn shoulders with no surgery. I'll be Counting on muscle memory for the growth of my wheelsfor now.

Sorry to hear that bud, I got some fucked up knees also and cant do shit with them right now but I heard about some new promising procedures that have been workin from one of my boys on another board that sounded awesome. Its all with lasers and takes multiple procedures but I would do anything to not feel like 70 in my knees. I will try and find it again and ill give you the info, maybe you can bring it up to your ortho or somethin thats what i plan on doin. Good luck

My knees are destroyed. Google this horse racing drug...pentosan equine injection. It reduces inflammation, regenerates cartilage, increases senovial fluid. I am going to start using it this friday. Don't purchase it until I try it out. If I die, avoids purchasing it. Hahaha :eek:

LOL if i die avoid using it. Sounds good man let me know your results cause I am tired of wearing huge still braces all day to just get around and the annoying pain and discomfort. Somethin like this is well worth the risk in my book.

Eyes open, ears perked, would be interested in hearing how this goes.

I'm aware that any traditional doc will tell you i NEED surgery, and i'm still leaning toward that, but like i said in my first post i'm going to try this out for the next 30-45 days. IF IT HEALS, wow could you imagine avoid an insanely expensive surgery then 1 year of rehab to be back at full steam ahead?
I'm super interested in the Pentosan!! please keep us updated! also I'm a fan of stem cells, im considering going to honduras where my friend (doc) has a stem cell research center...

ITs a sad day when squats have to go.

I too am having knee trouble and have had to give up squats until I figure out what the problem is. Even squatting 135 sets both my knees on fire but so far I have been able to deadlift without too much pain. I gave up the squats and have been dragging a tire fwd and back and have also started doing heavy sled pushes ad my knees feel pretty good. I think I have lost a insignificant amount of size but my leags are alot more cut now. Plus pulling and pushing is a excellent way to build up lung power ( which alot of us lack).

Sorry to hear that bud, I got some fucked up knees also and cant do shit with them right now but I heard about some new promising procedures that have been workin from one of my boys on another board that sounded awesome. Its all with lasers and takes multiple procedures but I would do anything to not feel like 70 in my knees. I will try and find it again and ill give you the info, maybe you can bring it up to your ortho or somethin thats what i plan on doin. Good luck

Any update on this procedure D Bo?

I have had multiple knee surgeries; do not do leg extentions!!! Higher rep work and super sets are your best friend. I do lots of single leg work; bulgarian split squats, step ups, prowler pushes. The cycle will also become your good friend :)

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear