over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Log: Bodybuilder in China

finally getting some momentum back and returning to the regular routine. Hoping my pressing strength will be back to where it was in about 4 weeks and that I can re-integrate pullups in 2-3 more weeks. I'm in no rush to get back to back squatting. Feeling really good with single leg squats+leg press.

Legs
hamstring curls: 55x13,6,5 rest paused
Single leg atg squat: 12.5kgx10x3
Leg press: 20s up to 3ppsx20x3
Hip thrust machine: 2 sets
Hyperxtensions: bwx12,8

Arms

Superset 1
Hammer curls: 15kgx15,15,15,11,8
Single arm pushdowns: various weightx10-20x5

Superset 2
Ez curls: 20kgx24, 4 more sets to failure
Pushdowns: 17.5kgx26, 4 more sets to failure

Superset 3
straight bar curls: 20kgx14, 4 more sets to failure
db skullcrushers: 7.5kgx21, 4 more sets failure

I'm liking these low rest high time under tension supersets for arms. I'll continue with this style for a few more months and just go "heavy" once in a while.

I am going to change to doing a machine press first on chest/shoulder/tri day, mountain dog style pre-exhaust as a way of preventing injury since it seems I'm frequently having shoulder/proximal bicep tendon issues. Maybe go 4 weeks machine press first, 1 week free weight first. We have a great selectorized press, yet I really want to try out some incline smith. I guess I don't have to do the exact same exercises in the exact same sequence every time either...

Great workout today. Everything was connecting well for whatever reason.

back
deadlift: 180kgx5x3
Barbell rows: 70kgx22, 13, 11
Pulldowns: 4 sets of 12 various weight, failed on last set and got 7
Machine rows: 3 sets failure various weight
Rope pullovers: 3 sets failure

ez curls: 20kgx30, 4 more sets to failure

I often reflect on what I would have done differently if I could go back and start olympic lifting again. What I always realize is that I would have been way better if I'd trained less hard, paid more attention to recovery habits outside of the gym (although my eating was legendary back then), focused more on accumulating volume and perfecting movement, done more accessory and corrective exercises instead of the classical snatch+cj, and done less maxing out and work over 85%. I'm having a lot of the same issues I was in my olympic lifting career in bodybuilding; the intense stuff gets you faster progress without a doubt, but you run a risk of getting injured and having to take breaks and so your progress can end up being slower or you have career ending injuries. The volume stuff will get you to the same place but slower and with way less injury risk/risk of incurring setbacks.

I'm seeing that the same logic probably applies in bodybuilding. Maybe less free weights, more machines. More pump training, limited rest periods, slow eccentrics, and less balls to the wall sets of failure on big compound barbell and dumbbell lifts.

Going forward I'm going to do mountain dog training more as it is written and stop taking every set to failure on chest+shoulder day. Follow the format of machine press->incline free weight movement with moderate to high intensity->flat free weight movement for volume->fly movement which you can take to failure. My back day already matches the mountain dog 1.0 format except I throw the deadlifts in first: free weight row first, then vertical pull, then machine row, then pullover type movement. Arms and legs, predictable already matching mountain dog 1.0. Arms lotta supersets and pump work, no heavy weights. For Legs mountain dog 1.0-3.0 all follow the format of hamstring curl to pre-exhaust, squatting movement (in my case my unilateral movement is my squatting movement)->easier leg movement like unilateral work, leg press, hack squat->p-chain focused movement like sldl, good morning, or hyperextension.

I'm almost 33 now and when John (rest in peace, you're a fucking legend and my favorite personality to ever grace bodybuilding along with bostin) designed mountain dog 1.0, I think he basically designed it with a guy like me in mind. And I think he more or less got it right and 2.0 and 3.0 were largely just alternatives for people who get 'bored' with training. This is never boring for me, I'm okay with same stuff week in week out. It's nearly always the highlight of my day when I get to train.

I remember he experimented with some periodized programs that went something like this: 6 weeks of progressively adding more volume, 2 weeks of lighter deload, then 4 weeks of low volume high intensity sets to failure striving for prs every session. I'll try something like that. No training to failure on dls though. Not because of injury risk, but just cuts into the rest of the session's training too much.

Some movements like barbell rows and leg press just click so well and I never get hurt or get any pain doing them that I'll keep training those to failure even though they are considered "big" lifts.

Chest shoulder tricep "reload'

Still had some minor pain in shoulder area, so didn't push hard.

Machine press: 57.5x12, 47.5x11, 37.5x12 feels awkward, too much ROM at the bottom. Won't be starting with this.
Incline db: 25kgx12x3 paused at the bottom
Neutral grip flat db: 25kgx12x3 felt a lot better with neutral grip
machine flies: 3 sets failure

Single arm standing db ohp: 15kgx12,8,7
Rear delt raises: 5kgx3 sets failure
side delt raises: 5kgx3 sets failure

Pushdowns: 20kgx24, 4 more sets failure.

I will try out 15 degree incline smith press and see how that feels. I need some movement I can blast out to failure as first movement and progressive overload on it. Maybe smith is the answer because the machine press at this gym has almost "too much" of a stretch to really do as a first movement I push hard on.

Hey mate just getting caught up, looks great so far! Sounds like the shoulder is doing much better so thats great! I almost avoid overhead pressing completely anymore because of shoulder issues with it. Keep working brother im in to follow!

Hey mate just getting caught up, looks great so far! Sounds like the shoulder is doing much better so thats great! I almost avoid overhead pressing completely anymore because of shoulder issues with it. Keep working brother im in to follow!
THanks for following. I may get some of your products that I can't get domestically for my next prep.

I actually need some overhead pressing to keep them healthy, but of course it's a fine line and I can't do 1 day of heavy overhead pressing and another of heavy incline pressing. I'm hoping that doing some 1 arm ohp standing will keep my scapular stability healthy enough to make continued gains on incline movements without injury.

THanks for following. I may get some of your products that I can't get domestically for my next prep.

I actually need some overhead pressing to keep them healthy, but of course it's a fine line and I can't do 1 day of heavy overhead pressing and another of heavy incline pressing. I'm hoping that doing some 1 arm ohp standing will keep my scapular stability healthy enough to make continued gains on incline movements without injury.

Nice mate well im looking forward to seeing how you do on our gear. TB500 and BPC157 are truly effective for stuff like this, Im on 2.5 mg of TB500 e3d right now and only a few weeks in everything feels right as rain. If and when you can I would absolutely give that a go, especially if used during a nice deload phase or a lower training intensity phase.

Those two I can get domestically very easily, and thanks for the suggestion! I've been looking into BPC157's benefits for digestion as well and it seems to show a lot of promise there.

Arms

SS1
Hammer curls: 15kgx15,15,12,9,8
Dual rope pushdowns: 20kgx21, 4 more sets failure

SS1
Straight pushdowns: 20kgx26, 4 more sets failure (got 24 after chest workout just 2 days ago)
EZ curls: 20kgx21, 4 more sets failure

SS3
DB skullcrushers: 7.5kgx24, 4 more sets failure (as far as I remember last time I only got 21 on first set)
DB seated curls: 7.5kgx19, 4 more sets failure

BW in the gym with clothes+shoes+meals a very light 99.9kg. Been eating as much as possible and humulin R twice a day 10iu on training days and maybe only about 60% clean foods, but activity level continues to be very high bicycling everywhere and being on my feet at work. Digestion has mysteriously been VERY good now that I've been off PPI for several months and am instead taking Zantac before bed as my only anti-acid reflux med. Occasionally if I ate a lot at night I'll need to take a second tablet in the middle of the night, though. No PPI since september though; it was definitely contributing to poor appetite symptoms I was having over the summer holiday and zantac seems to get the job done with way less side effects.

Given my current composition I think I could get up to around 105-107kg and still have only a moderately challenging contest prep. But I might rather cap things off around 102-103kg and try to give myself an "easy" contest prep just from starting at 'crotch veins lean'. It's a tradeoff... I'm okay with doing a little less well at a show to have a less mentally and physically stressful prep and still able to go out for semi-clean meals 1-3x/wk, not be moody/bitchy at work, and not have to run the clen or t3 super high. And I still have to actually make 93kg cutoff. I would really like to avoid either any sort of dehydration/water cutting to make weight or any diuretics.

Back+bi
Deadlift: 190kgx5x3
barbell rows: 80kgx16, 8, 7
Reverse grip pulldowns: 3 sets
row machine: 3 sets
CG pulldowns: 3 sets
Curls: 20kgx31, 4 more sets failure

If I could substitute 3 of those pulldown sets for pullups this would be the ultimate hardcore back training routine. I can't though, lat is still not feeling great. Maybe next month pullups can come back.

Next week I'll deload deadlift; I've learned in the past I can go hard about 4 weeks before things start dragging and performance goes down. After deloading, I'm going to proceed with 5kg jumps hopefully getting all the way up to 210x5x3 before I need to make smaller jumps. Hoping I can get a 230kg 5rm after doing 210x5x3. 230kg is 507lbs. That'd be pretty cool.

My progression on rows will be try to get the first set up to 20 reps then up the weight by 10kg and do the same thing again.

I had a rough few days. I didn't miss training, but did have some delays/bad sessions. I honestly kinda forgot so I'm not going to log them. Here's today's training

HBBS (!!!): 60x10, 80x3, 100x3, 120x3, 140x3, 160x3
hamstring curls: 52.5x17, 9, 5 rest paused set
Single leg ATG squat: 12.5kgx12x2 each side
Leg press: 20s up to 3.5ppsx20
Paused SLDL: 80x10, 100x10

I'm gonna experiment with some VERY low volume low rep squatting at the beginning of leg sessions just to see what happens. My idea is that I can build a lot of strength and neural efficiency over the next 12ish weeks and hit some PRs and then transition to bodybuilding rep ranges once prep starts. IDK why, just addicted to moving heavier weights. I don't have much to show from doing high volume squatting; mostly just injuries, anxiety going into sessions, and strength regression for years. I'm still building up the volume/high reps on other exercises. We'll see how it goes...

I'm finally feeling like I'm getting back on the horse. Locking into more consistent dietary habits, training is going better but my shoulders still feel fucked. My bodyweight is still really light at like 95kg; around this time a year ago I was well over 100kg in the morning. Even in the summer I was a bit over 100. I'm not opposed to starting a prep and only having to lose 5-7kg though over 16 weeks though, that does sound like a stress free experience where I know there's no risk of coming in fat or having to do anything extreme with cadio/diet/fatburners at the end. I guess I shouldn't bitch when bw is light, strength is high, and I don't have a lot of fat to lose...Mirror>scale and all that

Chest+shoulder+tri
Flies: 3 sets of 10
Incline bb: 70kgx6x3
slight incline db: 25kgx10x4 short rests
Machine press: 22.5kgx12x5, 6, 8 all 45 second rests

one arm standing ohp: 15kgx10, 12 each side
db prone rear delt raises: 5kgx5 sets failure

Pushdowns: 25kg (stack)x14, 20kgx7-10x6 all 20 sec rests

After reading how heavily Luki relies on good ole chicken breast in his daily diet, I was determined to find a way to make it not taste like death. I basically always pan fried it in the past. While this can taste very good if marinated and eaten fresh, it does not store well and is hard to eat rubber as little as 12-14 hours later. I discovered a really good baked chicken recipe though just experimenting on my own. I use just enough olive oil+lemon juice to coat the chicken, lots of minced garlic, rosemary, salt, and chili powder. I then broil it on 250 celsius for around 18 minutes. Comes out perfectly, the breasts don't need to be butterflied in advanced, and most curiously it stores very well and stays tender and moist even 2-3 days later. I suspect the chemical reaction that chars the meat on the outside is what leads to such rapid moisture and tenderness loss if you pan fry it and then put it in the fridge. I wonder if I could do some kind of broiled steak recipe to see if that keeps better in the fridge than either pan fried or grilled....

Today's diet
m1
2 Tim horton's breakfast burritos with egg, sausage, cheese, potato. A donut

M2
9oz chicken+2c rice

M3
6oz coconut juice+ 2 scoops whey

M4
9oz chicken+2c rice

M5
6oz coconut juice+2 scoops where

M6 haven't eaten it yet but I'm thinking maybe an omlette from a restaurant or just more chicken+rice.

Also had some caramel candies pre workout.

Lantus made it through customs just fine and is in my city out for delivery now. I missed it today b/c I was at work. Gonna use the bleu taylor style protocol of 30-40iu on training days, humalog pre/post training, and keep with my 5ius generics daily.

Legs
Hamstring curls: 52.5x21, 12, 7
Single leg atg db splt squat: 17.5kgx10, 15kgx10x2
leg press: 20s up to 3ppsx20x2
Paused sldl: 80kgx10, 90kgx10x2

it'd be pretty cool if I could get up to like 2.5lbs raw weight of chicken breast and 8 cups of rice measured cooked per day on top of some sort of "fun" meal as I get toward the end of the offseason. Now the bulk starts in full... I have about 15 weeks until I need to start prep.

Lantus hunger is crazy wow. Maybe my old R insulin was simply expired; it had spent a lot of time in high heat out of the fridge while I was moving. doing 30iu of lantus at lunch; not sure if it will be training days only or every day.

Arms
SS1
Hammer curls: 15kgx15,15,12,9,11
Rope pushdowns: 5 sets failure

SS2
EZ curls: 20kgx21, 4 more sets to failure
Straight pushdowns: 5 sets failure

SS3
DB skullcrushers: 10kgx21, 7.5kgx4 more sets failure
DB seated curls: 10kgx21, 7.5kgx4 more sets failure

Basically no rest on anything, done in a bit less than 30 minutes.

Deadlift+back training on saturday and i'm super excited now that I'm getting a lot more food in and eating a structured offseason diet. Gonna try to smash a bunch of food at thanksgiving tonight.

How do you manage the weight with 5 sets to failure on an exercise? Do you aim for a rep range and if you don't meet it you lower the weight or? Keep the same weight? With of course a reduction in reps?

How do you manage the weight with 5 sets to failure on an exercise? Do you aim for a rep range and if you don't meet it you lower the weight or? Keep the same weight? With of course a reduction in reps?
Keep the weight the same rest periods super short basically, let the reps fall naturally. I think this kind of training is "dangerous" if you rest too long and you're actually pushing the muscle to its limit. When you're lifitng to failure but the muscle is already fatigued and its an easy single joint movement pattern you're unlikely to have issues. I think on the db skullcrushers I only ended up with 6 reps on the final set.

Back training went extremely well. Upping the reps and lowering the weight and rest times on deadlifts. Hoping to work up to 180kgx6x6 then take a deload then hit a big AMRAP and try for 227.5kg/500lbs for 4 or so reps.

Deadlifts: 180kgx6x3
Rows: 80kgx18, 10, 8
Chinups: 4,5,4
Machine rows: ??x21, 12, 9
Curls: 20kgx33, 4 more sets to failure

took about 90 minutes

Hitting chest+shoulder+tri later today.

Chest+shoulder+tri

Incline bb: 75kgx6x3
slight incline db: 25kgx11x4 all with 4 second negatives
Machine press: 20x12x5, 8, 11
One arm ohp: 15kgx12x2
Rear delt raises: 5kgx24, 4 more sets to failure
pushdowns: 6 sets

Moving my free weight chest execises with veerryyy slow negatives super controlled. Now my other shoulder hurts. I think it's because of the way I'm sleeping. BW 99.1kg with clothes+shoes, looking and feeling very watery.

arms:

SS1
Hammer curl: 15kgx15x4,x12
V pushdowns: variousx15x5

SS2
EZ curl 20kgx24,10, 9, 8, 6
Dual rope pushdowns: variousx5 sets failur

SS3
DB seated curls: 10kgx22, 4 more sets failure
DB skullcrushers: 10kgx24, 4 more sets failure

Loving the lantus. This stuff makes you EAT omg... I'm going to get off my generics and get on mk677+cjc with dac combo. I'm hearing from Bostin+Bleu Taylor that the combo of cjc, mk677, and lantus gets people some insane readings on their IGF blood tests and its basically like high dose pharm hgh but with more side effects. Significantly cheaper and more reliable than my generics which may just be peptide blends anyway. I lowered test and swapped out my deca for tren, so stack now is 600mg test 400mg tren e and then 50mg pre workout inj dbol. Also 20mg/day anavar spaced on 10mg twice per day. Not getting any negative appetite effects from the oral anavar even after 4 weeks on it, so this seems to be a good dose for me. Lantus 40iu on training days only, but I will be dropping it on leg days. My lower body was weak for a while from knee injuries, but now that I've been training it regularly for several months without pain, quads are looking a little disproportionately large. So it'll be 40iu lanuts on back/chest/arm days. I have metformin but I have no idea how to dose it yet so I need to do some research. I'm already at much higher than average cardio levels for a bodybuilder and naturally ecto so this may just be overkill for me.

I bought some ghrp6 as well. From my understanding, you should not run mk677 for too long so I'm thinking I'll swap to ghrp6 after 6 weeks or so on mk.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear